Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Thickie Mork" Thatcher Held Over Coup Plot

Started by jutl, August 25, 2004, 01:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: "Almost Yearly"
Quote from: "jutl"He'll be the death of his mum, that boy.
I just went trawling for what Carol's doing nowadays. Not a lot it seems, but I found this fun little article on how the Germans want a Thatcher now, and have got a Mandelson in their face instead.

Quote from: "In that Grauniad article jutl linked was"millionaire Ely Calil, who once advised Lord Archer
Not trying in any way to bias our opinion of the man are they?

Edit: ah.

I was temping at an organisation in Holborn back in February. My boss had Jeffrey Archer's Granchester home phone number on his email address book. Anyone who wants to give Jeffrey a call, let me know...

jutl

More details of Thatcher's sticky situation ooze out. These co-conspirators of his agree that he was buying an air ambulance - it's just that it was also a helicopter gunship.

Pinball

Could this get any better? Perhaps they wanted to use the helicopter to kidnap children?

zozman

Just said on channel 4 news that he's likely to get a fine and a suspended sentence.  Justice in action eh?  ENG are still after him though......

jutl

Quote from: "zozman"Just said on channel 4 news that he's likely to get a fine and a suspended sentence.

...because he's pleading guilty.  I wonder if they'll remove his Baronetcy...

QuoteHe will plead guilty to being negligent in investing in an aircraft said to have been used by alleged coup plotters, a BBC correspondent said.

zozman

Quote from: "jutl"
Quote from: "zozman"Just said on channel 4 news that he's likely to get a fine and a suspended sentence.

...because he's pleading guilty. I wonder if they'll remove his Baronetcy...

Hehehe - did they remove Jeffrey Archers?

Alberon

He'll just plead guilty and then claim he was duped into the whole thing. No one will dare touch his Baronetcy as it'll be seen as a political move.

Alberon

Quote from: "zozman"Hehehe - did they remove Jeffrey Archers?

He's linked in to this whole weird mess slightly as well isn't he?

jutl

Quote from: "Alberon"
Quote from: "zozman"Hehehe - did they remove Jeffrey Archers?

He's linked in to this whole weird mess slightly as well isn't he?

Archer was kicked out of the House of Lords. Archer's alleged involvement is detailed earlier in this thread, I think.

skibz

Yep, he gets off with a £265,000 fee and a four year suspended sentence. And he gets to keep his balls. It's like the ending of Kill Bill 2 all over again - such a great build-up, then a complete anticlimax...

Pinball

I reckon he'll end up getting assassinated. I couldn't possibly comment on the morality or otherwise of treating an arms dealer in this way.

untitled_london

assassinated
assassinated
assassinated
assassinated
assassinated
assassinated
assassinated
assassinated

thought i'd lighten the load mr. pinball

i dont think its fair that whatever ecehlons we have, are concentraiting solely on your posts.

:D