Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:54:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1973: Where was George Bush?

Started by PissOffMary,I'mHeadFairy, February 12, 2004, 01:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
1973 was George Bush's 'missing year'. Invited to explain where exactly he was, and what he was doing, the White House have come up with his dental records-

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/gwbush/gwb10673dent.jpg

It seems that Dubya spent the whole year in the dentist's chair. Possibly as a result of all the drink and drugs he was doing, as a result of the easy ride that Daddy got for him. Young George was once so pissed he challenged his dad to a fist fight.

As if to confirm the 'Dentist Chair' theory, George's military payroll records have been released which er seem to show that he wasn't really anywhere military, neither was he paid an amount that would reflect proper military service.

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/gwbush/gwb10673dent.jpg

It's interesting to see how this one will develop, considering Bush will in all likelyhood be up against ex-Navy captain John Kerry, who in this same time period was getting his speedboat shot-to-shit up the Mekong Delta.

Anyone know where George was in '73?

Was he hanging out with Steely Dan?

Quote from: "PissOffMary,I'mHeadFairy"Was he hanging out with Steely Dan?
Wide grin...  reelin in the beers?

smoker

this has been fairly common knowledge for ages, that he skived off vietnam i mean. apparently some in america are offering a reard to any eyewitnesses who can confirm having seen him on duty, and no-ones come forward so far

king mob

Hes really fucked over this as the Republicans were expecting Dean to be candidate & attack his patriotism, Kerry is a war hero loved by veterens & anti war protesters alike & Bush is someone who proclaims himself a war president without ever having seen active service.

smoker

the today programme reported that there's still a good 30 million hardcore republican vietname veterans out there though.

bill hicks

Is that another Gilligan report Smoker?

30 million? I know it was a long war but that seems a little excessive (although if true it does make the USA's inability to beat some farmers in a jungle even more hilarious)

smoker

Quote from: "bill hicks"Is that another Gilligan report Smoker?

30 million? I know it was a long war but that seems a little excessive (although if true it does make the USA's inability to beat some farmers in a jungle even more hilarious)

heh no, they had some guy on today, i forget who, think he was a democrat, who gave that figure. it is a little excessive, so probably he's wrong or i've misheard. anyway the gist was, kerry's war hero status doesn't give him that much more of an advantage so far

Timmay

Quote from: "smoker"anyway the gist was, kerry's war hero status doesn't give him that much more of an advantage so far
...but it must also make Bush's apparently lack of war hero status, even more conspicuous? Hmm?

MojoJojo

I saw this topic title and it started me thinking about a Tralfamadorian version of Where's Wally.

Sorry for the obscure (ish) reference.

[EDIT] realised I should try and be on  topic sometimes...
I admit I have a defeatist attitude to the US elections.... I find it hard to imagine Bush will lose, but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't been following it closely and I don't fully understand the American election system, but it seems no one was saying the Democrats could win until these candicacy things came up, and I suspect the press are only saying it now to give an impression of importance to this news.

Unless something big comes up. Like the reason behind Bush's pretzel choking incident, or what's in all those records he's had put under lock and key, or one of the many other corrupt things I'm sure he's done but have heard nothing about.

smoker

Quote from: "Timmay"
Quote from: "smoker"anyway the gist was, kerry's war hero status doesn't give him that much more of an advantage so far
...but it must also make Bush's apparently lack of war hero status, even more conspicuous? Hmm?

aye but i shouldn't think they're that bothered. as was said in the kerry thread, bush's campaign hasn't even begun yet, he's got plenty of time to change the public perception of him. this is just a blip hence the whote house's keenness to produce the documents.

bill hicks

I checked it and it is bollocks.

The official figure for personnel serving in the US military during the time perios is 8,744,000, of which 2,700,000 served in Vietnam itself.

God why did I do that.

smoker

Quote from: "bill hicks"God why did I do that.

worth it to destroy my argument ;)

Mr Flunchy

He was at home.. WASHING HIS TIGHTS!

king mob

Quote from: "smoker"
Quote from: "Timmay"

aye but i shouldn't think they're that bothered. as was said in the kerry thread, bush's campaign hasn't even begun yet, he's got plenty of time to change the public perception of him. this is just a blip hence the whote house's keenness to produce the documents.

Its not a blip, Bush has been caught out & hes having real problems sorting out a strategy to attack Kerry, they can attack his lack of political experience but then again Bush has a awful record to defend domestically with the fiasco of his tax cuts being one of the most indefensible.
His dodgy past of drink & drugs is going to loom in this campaign, he cant attack Kerry as Kerry was busy killing gooks while Bush was busy snorting coke & drinking Jack Daniels.Republican voters hate milatary cowards & Bush is clearly a coward on that front.

Have a read at this page, it details some of the serious suspicions that surround Bush.

Pinball

I really hope Bush loses the election. It seems that nothing short of evidence that Kerry is a kiddie fiddler will save Bush, but Bush has an awful lot of money in his campaign fund...

Still Not George

Will this do?

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=439

And if this doesn't work, well there's a lot of sprogs that can be paid off...