Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:01:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whatever happened to boys of The Kersal Massive?

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, June 22, 2014, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uja3W-ibifc

I imagine Ginger Joe completed his prep school and continued on to study classics at Cambridge. Can't imagine what Kev got up to, perhaps he went to live on a kibbutz and ended up marrying a girl called Freya from the home counties? He always was a dark horse.

Consignia

non capisco

Thank fuck YouTube wasn't a thing when I was a teenager. I had a few cack handed tries at doing a rap in front of my Dad's camcorder that could have been disseminated unfavourably by people in their thousands had I been foolhardy enough to think that the world needed to hear them. I wouldn't have escaped with the  dignity of Ginger Joe and his sage backseat minimalism either. I'd have been him on the left, squawking away about nothing like a right cunt.

They're better than Beefy and his mate at least.

Noodle Lizard

Still one of my favourite videos ever made.  The Persil Massive weren't bad either:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg2JQzDPPj8

The Kevin Powder follow-up was disappointing.  Lil Fuckin' Kev lost his talent big-time, whereas MC Mac seems to have switched from uppers to some rather gnarly downers.  Ginger Joe seems as though he was only doing it as a favor in between far more profound pursuits.

George Oscar Bluth II

I can do the whole rap, when asked to.

My favourite thing: boasting about using a daysaver. You won't catch American rappers boasting about how sensible their bus ticket buying habits are.

bomb_dog

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 23, 2014, 12:58:29 PM
I can do the whole rap, when asked to.

Make that two of us, and I haven't seen the rap for a few years...

I personally liked this remix.

Also like that Little Kev 'laid low', and then did a 'grand theft auto', an American named-crime.

Noodle Lizard

This one made me laugh:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieo_Zr5crs0

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 23, 2014, 08:13:14 PMAlso like that Little Kev 'laid low', and then did a 'grand theft auto', an American named-crime.

Presumably he's forced to take the bus with his daysavaaah until he gets the nerve to do a grand theft auto after a bit of reefah smoking.

Funcrusher

monkfromhavana

chand

Levenshulme got them in the end. Don't fuck with Levy.

Noodle Lizard

Revisiting this yet again caused me to have a dream where a giant version of Little Fucking Kev's face was silently looming over Lime Street Station, for some reason.  Horrifying.

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 23, 2014, 12:58:29 PM

My favourite thing: boasting about using a daysaver. You won't catch American rappers boasting about how sensible their bus ticket buying habits are.

The thing that confuses me is that once Kev's rapped about using his daysavaaah Mac then says something about a Clio 2.5 twin turbo. If they have such a vehicle then why is Kev forced into taking the (albeit discounted) bus? WHYYYYYY?

Edit: I'm clearly an idiot. The lads took a bus THEN stole the aforesaid Clio Twin Turbo negating any further need for travel on the local omnibus.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 23, 2014, 08:13:14 PM
Also like that Little Kev 'laid low', and then did a 'grand theft auto', an American named-crime.

Yeah but if you think about the sweet science of rhyming, it makes more sense than
Laid low, did a motor vehicle theft

Honestly, I think
Got on the bus with me daysayvaaah, smoke da reefah in da cornaaah.
Laid low, did a grand theft au-tow.

is one of the most amusing bits of rhyming ever. It still gives me a lot of pleasure years later.

chand

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on October 28, 2014, 01:34:11 PM
The thing that confuses me is that once Kev's rapped about using his daysavaaah Mac then says something about a Clio 2.5 twin turbo. If they have such a vehicle then why is Kev forced into taking the (albeit discounted) bus? WHYYYYYY?

Depends where you're going innit. If you want to roll with them backseat hoes then a Clio is a must. But if you're going into the city centre then you want to be getting the bus; for one thing multi-storey parking costs in Manchester are prohibitive so it's much cheaper to bus it in, and secondly if you're gonna be smoking reefer you're far safer doing it on a bus than driving a car. The Massive may be disrespectful to no-smoking laws on public transport but they're not so out of control that they'd risk driving while under the influence.

Phil_A

Ten years, man. Ten years of The Massive.

Quotedanathor99 3 days ago
Ginger Joe aka Jordan Davidson, went my school. Got expelled for pissing on a teacher's car.

True story.

The Masked Unit

Noodle Lizard

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Consignia on June 22, 2014, 06:10:02 PM
Someone did follow them up a few years later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFIZJgpz9c

The host is very funny. Who is he and what's he up to these days?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on May 03, 2016, 08:36:20 PM
The host is very funny. Who is he and what's he up to these days?

Jason Attar. He did a movie based on the character of Kevin Powder last year which seems to have been very well received (if IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes are anything to go by).

touchingcloth

According to Reddit, this is none other than little fucking Kev, yeah.

The Culture Bunker

I wonder if the "Five-O" caught him in the end, or whether he's still hiding away in the badlands of North Lancashire?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

touchingcloth

My favourite thing in the single is still how he manages to pronounce "auto".

Noodle Lizard

Shame to hear that Lil Fuckin' Kev is having trouble.  Someone on the YouTube comments found MC Mac'yeah on Facebook - he seems to have gone straight; wife and kids, holidays in Magaluf, occasional complaining about a bike getting nicked.  Ginger Joe, God only knows. 

Twed

Ferris

I haven't seen this since about 2007. The highlight for me is "tell 'em how it is joe"

*swerves camera towards ginger joe*
*immediately swerves camera back to main duo before poor Joe can say a word*

Reminds me of lots of quasi-amateur UK hip hop - does anyone else know about cribs? Or putting a donk on it? Days are gone.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 15, 2019, 08:34:05 PM
Shame to hear that Lil Fuckin' Kev is having trouble.  Someone on the YouTube comments found MC Mac'yeah on Facebook - he seems to have gone straight; wife and kids, holidays in Magaluf, occasional complaining about a bike getting nicked.  Ginger Joe, God only knows.

Is it MC Mac, or "the Kersal mandem, C Mac"?

Noodle Lizard

Yeah you're right, sorry.  This is the kind of natural confusion that results from not releasing liner notes.