Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2014 Draw

Started by Passive-Aggressive Susan, June 22, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Here is the draw for Round One of Wimblewrong 2014:

alan nagsworth v The Region Legion
Hangthebuggers v Morrison Lard
Cerys v Mr_Simnock
Frazer v wasp_f15ting
lazyhour v kalloy
ziggy starbucks v Fry
Delete Delete Delete v Big Jack McBastard
Consignia v Biniput
Moondust v The Masked Unit
AsparagusTrevor v kittens

People whose names are first in the fixture (ie on the left) need to serve within 72 hours (ie 7.38pm on Wednesday).

Please start a new thread in the Wimblewrong 2014 forum for your serve and name it 'Wimblewrong 2014 Round One: X vs Y'.

If you have any questions, my door is always open (except on evenings and weekends. And lunchtimes).

Good luck to you all!

Old Thrashbarg

So something like the 10 winners and two highest scoring losers from Round 1 through to Round 2 and the six winners and two highest scoring losers from Round 2 then through to the quarter finals?

Passive-Aggressive Susan

That's the plan, Old Thrashbarg. I should've maybe shared it in that post but didn't want to overload everyone. But yes, the bottom line is that the two highest scoring losers from Rounds One and Two will go through along with the winners.

alan nagsworth

What the fuck, lads? I said I would LIKE to take part this year, I didn't make any commitments at all. I've got a lot on my mind tonight so I can't guarantee whether or not I'm actually in for this yet, but I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Until then, I ain't officially in, and I never was.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

OK alan, it was an act of optimism / oversight on my part. We've a reserve lined up if you can't play. Hope you can though.

Consignia

Woah, did my draw get swapped around? I could have sworn I was going second. I would have already served now, if I knew. It'll have to be hastily cobbled together tomorrow night.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Sorry Consignia, I'd erroneously typed your name into two fixtures (the mistake being to type your name where kalloy's should've been). I fixed it quickly when it was pointed out, hoping I'd got there in time, but obviously the damage was already done and now there's mascara running down my cheeks.

Have yourself a 24 hour extension if you need it. And neg me. I am a bad Susan.

Fry

Susan, can you make a definitive ruling on whether titles have the numbers spelt out or numbered. I already see a "Round One" above a "Round 1" and it is driving me BATTY.

Thanks hun xxxx

Cerys

Ah, crap, sorry.  It's automatic.  I blame my favourite English teacher.

Fry

Don't fucking apologies like you didn't do SPECIFICALLY to drive me batty.

I hate being driven batty.

I really hate it and it is so mean that you did it on purpose.

Cerys

But how else can I get you to notice me?  You don't answer my calls.  You've blocked my email address.  I'm a woman on the edge, Fry.  On the edge.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 23, 2014, 09:51:07 PM
What the fuck, lads? I said I would LIKE to take part this year, I didn't make any commitments at all. I've got a lot on my mind tonight so I can't guarantee whether or not I'm actually in for this yet, but I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Until then, I ain't officially in, and I never was.

Alan, are you in?

Morrison Lard

OI NAGSWORTH ARE YOU PLAYING OR HAVING A MARDY?

alan nagsworth

Alright you cum-guzzling sluts, I'm in. However I will only be participating by way of MS Paint or maybe something better - maybe GIMP if I can be arsed - because honestly this shitter of a laptop powers off or restarts without warning a lot nowadays and it can barely handle the most basic of tasks so I'm not risking a masterpiece getting sucked into the void at the hands of this arse machine.

Will start work on my shot right now.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

A pleasing decision alan.

AsparagusTrevor, are you with us?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Passive-Aggressive Susan on June 25, 2014, 08:04:15 PMAsparagusTrevor, are you with us?
5-10 mins away from posting, sorry I'm a tardytard.

chocky909

Is it too late to put myself forward as some kind of reserve Wimbler?

Crabwalk

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Quote from: chocky909 on June 29, 2014, 05:50:00 PM
Is it too late to put myself forward as some kind of reserve Wimbler?

Thanks, I'll put you on the list chocky. There are 2 subs ahead of you though, and once we reach the 2nd round I'll be trying to replace droppers out with high scoring losers.

chocky909

Big Jack McBastard

Hello there glorious Susanna, I might be a *smidge* late with my return but should be done tonight/tomorrow in the early ass morning.

I do hope I'm not terribly spoiling your day with my usual shamefully lackadaisical conduct.

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on June 30, 2014, 07:11:39 PM
Hello there glorious Susanna, I might be a *smidge* late with my return but should be done tonight/tomorrow in the early ass morning.

I do hope I'm not terribly spoiling your day with my usual shamefully lackadaisical conduct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUgWCAXxTQ

Passive-Aggressive Susan

I've got my eye on both of you. I can spot troublemakers a mile off.

wasp_f15ting

When is the next round starting, my fingers are itchy

Passive-Aggressive Susan

The 2nd round draw will be made when I'm good and ready thank you.
Spoiler alert
Probably Friday night or Saturday morning if the remaining matches finish as they should.
[close]

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on June 30, 2014, 07:11:39 PM

Can we instigate a new rule for the second round. Every bloody year people get away with posting there pictures late and it really grinds my gears. Rules are rules. So a possible new solution could be that for each day late a picture is not posted there is a five vote deduction for the player. This way there is a punishment, but its not as harsh a kicking them out of the tournament. If you get thee rounds of vote deductions your out?

Big Jack McBastard

Oh stop yer mithering, I'm gonna be even later now cos of a bloody attic renovation that kicked off yesterday it's not like I planned this, 84 years of filth and 50 bags of insulation flung through the window into the driveway and I'm more sweat and dust than I am Jack at the minute.

WILL be done tonight, promise.

Big Jack McBastard

Just so you know I'm not taking the piss:

Consignia

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on July 01, 2014, 04:49:57 PM
Just so you know I'm not taking the piss:

You or some massive dog have certainly been taking a shit.