Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Counter-strike: Global Offensive

Started by Bored of Canada, July 03, 2014, 09:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
pew pew pew

This game is wonderful. I've always known Counter-strike, but never properly gave it a shot, despite always being hugely into PC gaming for at least the last 15 years of my life.
It is still incredibly tense and just feels very different from other shooters. Especially since it emphasises careful shots, as burst fire always leaves your guns incredibly inaccurate.
Just the five v five permadeath aspect of it feels so simple, but with Titanfall, and a few other great multiplayer games, I think 5 or 6 per side is the sweet spot for tense, fast and fun multiplayer games.

I think it's also quite accessible, it's a very hardcore shooter type thing, and I'm generally not that into shooters, but the tension of this one really puts this far above other multiplayer games and keeps me coming back. Titanfall was thrilling because of the parkour and speed of it, and the clever little integrated set-piece type things, like rodeo-ing titans, but still didn't stick with me, but this one's burrowed it's way right into my head.

It also really rewards team-work and co-ordination, similar to all the Valve Multiplayer games, which I love. I'm in no way a fan of multiplayer games that are free-for-alls.

It's crazy to think how Valve have got three of the best multiplayer shooters all under their belt, with the Left 4 Dead Games, Team Fortress 2, and these Counter-strike games. All completely different experiences, but all about designing the experience to force you to work together and co-ordinate, and bond with friends and strangers, and ultimately have a laugh. Good stuff.

Van Dammage

CSS can never be replaced. I played Go back a while ago when it was in beta and then later again on a free weekend and I just wasn't feeling it. Something was missing.