Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edge of Nonceness - Political Paedos on Parade

Started by Blumf, July 03, 2014, 01:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 03, 2014, 01:04:22 PM
Seriously, shouldn't we have a new thread for the potential government noncing stuff?  I have something vaguely interesting to contribute, and don't know whether to put it in here, or jinglejangle, and probably should go in neither.  But no, I'm not starting the new one... 'cos my thing is only a passing bit of whimiscal conjecture...

We probably should, and now we do.

Everybody dump your rock-solid evidence here!

touchingcloth

I was just about to post the same with the thread title "Potential peeedos dot gov". You fast bastard.

biggytitbo

I wonder if some high profile sacrificial lambs are being lined up...

All the stories with Leon Brittan name in, there can't be an editor in fleet street who hasnt heard can they?

The man I feel sorry for here is Leon Britton of Swansea City.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 03, 2014, 01:23:17 PM
I wonder if some high profile sacrificial lambs are being lined up...

All the stories with Leon Brittan name in, there can't be an editor in fleet street who hasnt heard can they?

The main I feel sorry for is Leon Britton of Swansea City.

It's not going to stop though, even if they do throw out a few bones. If a royal is involved I doubt that that would ever come out but everything else probably could.

George Oscar Bluth II

Amazingly, one of David Cameron's former aides was up in court today on child abuse image charges: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28141532

QuoteThe charges relate to more than 60 images, all described as category C - the lowest on the scale.

Does anyone know what that means?

billtheburger

If a spouse of a prime minister had their name on these "toxic" lists, I'm sure a judge (probably also on the list) would D Notice it immediately. And then we'd have to rely on Guido Fawkes (the tory party donator) to reveal names.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 03, 2014, 01:31:24 PM
Amazingly, one of David Cameron's former aides was up in court today on child abuse image charges: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28141532

"The charges relate to more than 60 images, all described as category C - the lowest on the scale."

Does anyone know what that means?

It means the pictures were really, really, really bad - the lowest you can go!

Blumf

The story so far (for historians)...

• Famed DJ and charity jogger Jimmy Savile gets outed as a massive kiddy fiddler and general sexual harasser after his death, massive scandal, big police investigation.
  • This leads to other famous people (Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall, The Hairy Cornflake, etc.) getting charged with paedophilia related crimes (but not proper rock stars because... reasons...)
  • Meanwhile, an old story that was "D-note'd" back in the day (1982-ish) about a place called Elm Guest House gets a dust down, lots of names mentioned, inc. a L--- B------?
  • The Savile case involved lots of people high up turning a blind eye to his dodgy behaviour, reports come out claiming nobody was a fault: General public react
  • It's pointed out a certain politician from the 1980s, Leon Brittan, was handed a big dossier to investigate, it looks like he didn't and now the dossier is long gone
  • Nick Clegg extracts his head from Cameron's arse long enough to make a brief defence of Brittan, but it turns out he's an old mate or something, plus the Lib Dems are one party with a confirmed, full-on nonce, Cyril Smith: General public go "'ang on!"
  • Suddenly, terrorist alerts and worries about antibiotics!

Oh, don't forget to add a bit of royalty into the mix, they do seem to have bad taste in friends.

And here we are today. Will it all be swept under the carpet again?

I think that's the general gist of it

monkfromhavana

There's also the rumour that Jill Dando stumbled on all this, started investigating, found that her old mate Cliff Pilchard was involved, she confronts him, says she's going to spill the beans and gets taken out.

When you think about it "Living Doll" is a pretty creepy song.

Sorry, I'm in full-blown conspiracy mode :)

SetToStun

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 03, 2014, 01:31:24 PMDoes anyone know what that means?

You know, I was that close to doing a search for "child abuse images, category C" on your behalf before sanity kicked back in.

Ambient Sheep

Thank you Blumf. :-)

Well, talking about adding a bit of royalty into the mix, is now the time to mention the Duke of Edinburgh's secret mobile phone call?

Back in the heady early 90s days of Squidgygate and Camillagate, it seemed scarcely a day, or at least a Sunday newspaper cycle, went past without some massive new revelatory excitement.  I was a real news-devourer back in those days, and "heady" isn't an exaggeration, it was hugely exciting seeing all this stuff coming out, even if you felt sorry for some of the people involved.

It seemed everybody with a scanner was recording important people's mobile phone calls[nb]Which in those days were analogue, and thus easily picked up on a normal scanner.[/nb] and selling them to the newspapers.

Until something curious occurred.

Some bloke living in Norfolk picked up a phone call from The Duke of Edinburgh from somewhere on the Sandringham Estate, and attempted to sell it to The Sun.  Instead of gleefully printing his revelations as before, instead they stitched him up, along the lines of "This vile snooper attempting to peddle his filthy lies about what he thought he heard Prince Philip say, attempting to extort thousands of pounds out of us for his own greedy pocket" etc. etc., and I think they even turned him over to the police to be dealt with under the Wireless Telegraphy act.

And that was the end of that... no more overheard phone calls were published, and then soon we all went digital anyway, so it became difficult to do, and then virtually impossible once the Government banned the sale (possibly even possession?) of the kit needed to eavesdrop such calls.

Of course, I have long wondered exactly what was in The Duke of Edinburgh's phone call.  I assumed at the time he was probably arranging a secret liaison of some sort or another, especially given the very long-standing rumours about his marriage that are not published in this country.

But, given what we now know about Savile and his various links, and all the other stuff that's been going on, now I wonder if it MIGHT not have been something far far worse...

Ambient Sheep

Interesting postscript: after reading the Squidgygate article above, I was struck by the following, which I hadn't heard before ("Reenan" is the chap who was fooled into having recorded the Squidgygate convo):

QuoteThe next day, an energised Reenan made more surprising admissions, telling The Oxford Mail that certain parts of the "Squidgygate" conversation had been left out by The Sun. The Sun confirmed this to The Mail, saying that they had not made public certain sections of the recording, "for fear of damaging Diana irreparably." "All the reporters in London seem to know what's on that tape," complained Reenan, "and they've all been to me to confirm it. Both my wife and I have said we can't remember, but we know what was in there." Reenan hinted darkly that there was "a lot about that tape" that had never been made public: "And I'm damn glad that it wasn't."

Let's just hope that it was merely Diana going into lurid details of her own adult sex life, eh?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Blumf on July 03, 2014, 01:46:05 PMSuddenly, terrorist alerts and worries about antibiotics

The funny thing about the antibiotics bit is, only the other day I read some very positive news story (might have been in New Scientist) about how scientists had discovered exactly how antibiotic-resistant bacteria's resistance works, and that adding a simple extra ingredient should make them all vulnerable again (something about allowing penetration of the newly-hardened cell membrane, but I'm no biologist).

Buelligan

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 03, 2014, 01:51:48 PM
Well, talking about adding a bit of royalty into the mix, is now the time to mention the Duke of Edinburgh's secret mobile phone call?

Was it this story?

BlodwynPig

Is Reenan still alive? Has anyone got his telephone number and 100 grand?

pillockandtwat

Blumf

It seemed everybody with a scanner was recording important people's mobile phone calls[nb]Which in those days were analogue, and thus easily picked up on a normal scanner.[/nb] and selling them to the newspapers.

Highly recommend the album Sulphur by Scanner which makes good use of those old analogue mobiles. Nice, dark, and sleazy ambient stuff. Gives you an idea of what the press had access to, and possibly an insight into where the phone hacking scandal grew from.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 03, 2014, 02:14:42 PM
The funny thing about the antibiotics bit is, only the other day I read some very positive news story (might have been in New Scientist) about how scientists had discovered exactly how antibiotic-resistant bacteria's resistance works, and that adding a simple extra ingredient should make them all vulnerable again (something about allowing penetration of the newly-hardened cell membrane, but I'm no biologist).

That's true[nb]There's also talk about using phages (virus that target bacteria) too. IIRC there was some work done in the Soviet Union which is slowly being picked up again[/nb], plus the obvious solution is just for governments to, <gasp>, fund and licence the researcher themselves, instead of relying on sociopathic corps with a myopic fixture on quarterly returns. But that might show up the post-Thatcher, markets as god consensus.

Tiny Poster

Of course, I have long wondered exactly what was in The Duke of Edinburgh's phone call.  I assumed at the time he was probably arranging a secret liaison of some sort or another, especially given the very long-standing rumours about his marriage that are not published in this country.

Well...

QuoteFriends accept that Philip has had "a number of affairs" and, for her part, the Queen has always accepted that she married a man who, as one of her circle puts it, "takes a lot of amusing". As the friend explains: "I believe she has accepted the occasional fling as unimportant because she understands that some men have certain needs, and that doesn't mean they love their wives any less.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: pillockandtwat on July 03, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
Kincora.

Just chucking it in there.

Why not add Islington and Haut de la Garenne. Doubtless there are others.

There's currently a pretty engaged campaign for a full inquiry into the coverup of child abuse, supported by at least a 100 MPs but I don't think that's the answer at all. Inquiries always end up absolving important people and serving the political needs of the day. I can tell you what the conclusions of such an inquiry will be right now, there's no point at all.

monkfromhavana

but with a lot of the police being complicit in covering it all up in the first place, along with MI5, what else is there to do.

Sure get the not-Swansea midfielder in for questioning, but is he going to get charged? Bit too close to the bone, let's stick with TV stars in their 80s.

Absorb the anus burn

George Oscar Bluth II

Is there a list of the VIPaedos with documented links to the Royal Family anywhere?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 03, 2014, 02:50:12 PM
Is there a list of the VIPaedos with documented links to the Royal Family anywhere?

I watched something today, an interview with child sex abuse victim Brian (?) Maloney that talked about parties on Robert Maxwell's yacht with Prince Andrew (or Edward, I can't remember).

remedial_gash

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 03, 2014, 01:52:30 PM
Interesting postscript: after reading the Squidgygate article above, I was struck by the following, which I hadn't heard before ("Reenan" is the chap who was fooled into having recorded the Squidgygate convo):

Let's just hope that it was merely Diana going into lurid details of her own adult sex life, eh?

Isn't the Diana stuff about her being between the two stools of coked off her head and acting the cunt, or being so shitfaced on booze and painkillers that she fell down the stairs with an alarming regularity.

Space ghost

Quote from: remedial_gash on July 03, 2014, 03:10:17 PM
Isn't the Diana stuff about her being between the two stools of coked off her head and acting the cunt

sorry but what does that mean?

remedial_gash

Perhaps I phrased it incorrectly, but I had read that she vacillated between being a coked up monster and a drunk 'n' pills,  fall down arsehole.

EDIT : And always thicker than pigshit.

billtheburger

& whilst we're all doing the crazy speculation bit, didn't the duke of Edinburgh have to brake Diana in to make sure she was good enough for Chaz?

23 Daves

I thought that the Duke of Edinburgh's extra-curricular activities were more-or-less an open secret. So much so that when he did a closed visit to an art gallery to see an exhibition of paintings by a deceased artist friend of his, he was in a very merry mood and began happily talking about various adventures he and the artist had had with prostitutes in years gone by.

A friend of mine used to work in the gallery, was there at the time, and said she was shocked not by his stories, but by the fact he seemed to be so publicly open about what had occurred. It's this strange deal the press seem to have where he's concerned - we know what he gets up to, he barely conceals what he gets up to, and the public largely knows, but the tabloids won't mention it because of hurting the Queen's feelings and stuff. It's thoroughly weird (and strangely respectful - I have to wonder if there's anyone else on Earth they would treat with such care).

BlodwynPig

^All these revelations will turn our thriving tourism industry into a haven for degenerates from Greece, Belgium and Serbia.