Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2014 Round 2 Consignia vs. Wasp_f15ing

Started by Consignia, July 05, 2014, 11:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Passive-Aggressive Susan

FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEONE PLEASE VOTE. The loser will likely go through anyway so no need to feel bad.

NoSleep

Crabwalk

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Well done Wasp_f15ing!

Well played Consignia and bad luck. That's a harsh way to go out - stabbed in the back by kittens. You'll be in with a shot at progressing as a high-scoring loser so keep track of the round.

wasp_f15ting

Thanks for the Ghibli fest Consignia. Apologies for the esoteric shots to those who found them baffling. I need to stop thinking that everyone sees the world as I do. The final shot has a ghibli film which documents the life of the guy that designed the am6 "zero" fighter. This plane was used during pearl harbour, which drew the Americans to war and ended up with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki the victims are the children in the picture. The sad white bloke in the corner is Robert Oppenheimer who effectively designed the nuclear bombs. He hated war and the destruction his bombs caused, as did Jiro Hirokoshi the designer of the "zero".

Anyway thanks to all who voted. I really enjoyed the speed of this match too, so love ya Consignia-san

Consignia

Thank you waspy for the enjoyable game.

My first shot was chosen because I knew you were a collector of Japanese Ghibli discs, so I was inspired to do a parody of one. After trawling through the selection, I settled on The Cat Returns, as it had English on the cover. Bilingual bonus: I changed the Japanese title as well for a similar literal meaning. Thatcher was a bit of an easy shot but I was struggling to get another iconic twat. Unfortunately, the outline didn't work out well in white so I had to use black.

The return was very detailed, so it was tricky to latch onto something. I choose to use the juxtaposition of Ghibli and darkness as the theme. The subtitle should have wittier but I was struggling at that point.

Again, thanks for the great match. The quick returns fit my style of taking the first idea that pops into my head and running with it quickly no matter how well it turns out.