Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there a shitter, more smug band name...

Started by The Masked Unit, July 05, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

Quote from: PaulTMA on July 31, 2014, 10:42:05 PM
Clark Cunt

Most of these shitty, smug band names are comprised of careerist, middle-class, Thames Valley arseholes with a very nuanced idea of marketing and getting record deals, often thanks to Daddy. A name like Clark Cunt is always going to leave a band in the echelons of obscurity so I find it hard to dislike it, despite being a pun.

PaulTMA

There's now a band from Birmingham called Fuck Right Off.

It's such a fine line with other lame 'sweary' names like FO Machete etc, but I think I approve this time.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Don_Preston on July 22, 2014, 03:15:49 PM
Where do we stand on Camper Van Beethoven then?!

Wow, something of a Ja Danketies moment for me there, as the penny finally drops.

lazyhour

Aww, but they're just named after a real (and highly respected) Victorian magician and his act.

Crabwalk

holyzombiejesus

I remember about 20 years ago, The Bastards, Hell Bastard and Bastard Kestrel all played a show together which was call Night of the Living Bastards. Glory be!

Anyway...

FUNKDOOBIEST.

Lock the thread.

Puce Moment

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 02, 2014, 01:56:38 AM
I remember about 20 years ago, The Bastards, Hell Bastard and Bastard Kestrel all played a show together which was call Night of the Living Bastards. Glory be!

I once owned a Bastard Kestrel t-shirt and it was in a size S and when I wore it I looked like a kind of weird euro-boy. Fantastic band that morphed into Headbutt.

Phil_A

One i just saw listed on the NME website:

Cerebral Ballzy.

I mean, really. No idea what they sound like and I already just want them to fuck off.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Phil_A on August 10, 2014, 02:37:01 PMCerebral Ballzy.

No idea what they sound like
Fucking rubbish over-hyped load of wank.

See also : Fucked up.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 02, 2014, 03:20:30 AM
I once owned a Bastard Kestrel t-shirt and it was in a size S and when I wore it I looked like a kind of weird euro-boy. Fantastic band that morphed into Headbutt.

Oh, that's what became of Bastard Kestrel. I never knew that. Thanks for the info.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 02, 2014, 01:56:38 AM

FUNKDOOBIEST.

Lock the thread.

There are no bad rap group names. Everyone knows that.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: The Masked Unit on August 10, 2014, 04:19:36 PM
There are no bad rap group names. Everyone knows that.
Swollen Members
Cunninlynguists
Botany Boyz
Knucklehedz
69 Boyz
Da Bush Babees
The Tea Bag Boyz
Kidz in the Hall

Sam

Quote from: Hank Venture on August 01, 2014, 12:36:16 AM
Seriously though

IRON & WINE

Everything's shit if you think about it for long enough.

The Masked Unit

Quote from: Morrison Lard on August 10, 2014, 08:34:07 PM
Swollen Members
Cunninlynguists
Botany Boyz
Knucklehedz
69 Boyz
Da Bush Babees
The Tea Bag Boyz
Kidz in the Hall

Fine! No classic era rap groups then. Anything up to '96 let's say.

doppelkorn

alan nagsworth

I really like the name Iron & Wine. It makes my mouth think of blood. You know, like, the taste of metal, the colour of wine. Is that intentional? Either way it's better than the music they make.

Quote from: Morrison Lard on August 10, 2014, 02:49:29 PM
Fucking rubbish over-hyped load of wank.

See also : Fucked up.

Fucked Up are total piss aren't they? I don't get on with them at all. I imagine the name is meant to be deliberately blunt but don't they make concept albums and big long tunes? Even for a hardcore band that would be a shit name.

Speaking of hardcore bands and shit names, Charles Bronson has to be one of the most unimaginative kneejerk "WE'RE NUTTERS" band names out there.