Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

That fucking dog from Britains got Talent : The movie

Started by Morrison Lard, July 11, 2014, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrison Lard

Yep.

http://entertainment.ie/movie-review/Pudsey-the-Dog-The-Movie/272055.htm

There's a trailer on that link.

Jessica Hynes, Olivia Colman, John Sessions... Christ.. Do they really need the money that much?
Jim Tavare is also in it, not sure if he'll have his double bass with him.

It's difficult to put into words just how bad Pudsey The Dog: The Movie actually is.

Out next Friday.

Shitting hell.

Van Dammage

Why...There's no way this can be justified, surely.

BlodwynPig

Fucking christ.

Next Month: Pop Idol 2015: The Movie

Future stars of next year's talent contest go on an adventure - starring the hilarious Radio 1 Disc jockey who takes over from Grimshaw next year, the parrot from Britain's Got Talent 2018 and H from Steps.

Van Dammage

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 11, 2014, 10:48:54 PM
Fucking christ.

Next Month: Pop Idol 2015: The Movie

Future stars of next year's talent contest go on an adventure - starring the hilarious Radio 1 Disc jockey who takes over from Grimshaw next year, the parrot from Britain's Got Talent 2018 and H from Steps.

Phil_A

As if the very existence of this thing wasn't baffling enough, I've just noticed who the scriptwriter is. Fucking hell.

Noodle Lizard

They're doing a Grumpy Cat movie in the US too.  What the fuck is wrong with people?

checkoutgirl

Peter Serafanowicz is in it so it's probably really good.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 12, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
They're doing a Grumpy Cat movie in the US too.  What the fuck is wrong with people?

ET was originally a meme from a postal chain mail thingy in the 70s.

Cleaners From Venus

54% want to see it - that's either a lot of ironic people, or a terrible indictment of this bloody world.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 12, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
Nah it's producers et al thinking just because people spend 3 minutes on the youtube watching this shite they watch 90 minutes of this shite in theatre. That's not the case. I hope.

Blumf

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 12, 2014, 11:17:56 AM
Peter Serafanowicz is in it so it's probably really good.

They said that about The Phantom Menace.

olliebean

Did this used to be called just "Pudsey: The Movie"? Because I'm sure I heard of it under that name and assumed it was about that bloody one-eyed bear.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 12, 2014, 11:45:11 AM
Nah it's producers et al thinking just because people spend 3 minutes on the youtube watching this shite they watch 90 minutes of this shite in theatre. That's not the case. I hope.

Exactly, what's wrong with people?  I mean instantly adapting terrible novels just because they were popular for a few days is one thing, but internet memes?  It's a photo of a cat, for fuck's sake.

At least the Grumpy Cat thing's just a TV movie for Lifetime.

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter"It brings fun and irreverence that we haven't had at Lifetime," says vp original movies Arturo Interian, noting that his teenage daughters are fans of Grumpy and gave him the initial idea for the project. "We're so known for our heartfelt sentimentality that it will poke fun at those stereotypes."

The cable network said the movie, which Interian describes as "a little Home Alone and a little Die Hard," would also feature cameos from other famous Internet memes.

Manager Ben Lashes -- who also works with Keyboard Cat, Success Kid and other Internet memes -- says Lifetime "is the perfect venue" for her. "When I go home for Christmas, there are movies that we always watch," he adds. "It becomes a tradition. I like Christmas movies." 

Grief.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on July 12, 2014, 01:06:22 PM
Did this used to be called just "Pudsey: The Movie"? Because I'm sure I heard of it under that name and assumed it was about that bloody one-eyed bear.

Dogs and bears are the same basic animal though, don't forget.

Thomas

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 12, 2014, 01:21:55 PM
Exactly, what's wrong with people?  I mean instantly adapting terrible novels just because they were popular for a few days is one thing, but internet memes?  It's a photo of a cat, for fuck's sake.

Perhaps it's an adaptation of the Grumpy Cat book -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grumpy-Cat-Book-Days/dp/1452126577

BritishHobo

What's happening in British cinema recently, it seems like since the success of The Inbetweeners, they're desperate to snap up literally any existing property into a movie, with just 'The Movie' on the end of it. I'm surprised that fucking meertwat doesn't have one yet.

If you guys are desperate for some internet meme action, just you wait for 'The Chronicles of Rick Roll'. There used to be a trailer, which pitched it as just a parody of Alice in Wonderland where all the characters that the lead (out to rescue his internet girlfriend) meets are internet famous - the 'hide yo kids, hide yo wife' guy as the Mad Hatter, etc, but it seems to have gone missing. It's probably not happening because there's barely been word of it since about 2011.

Thomas

Subtle Mocking

There was also Fred: The Movie, which guest starred John fucking Cena of all people.

Replies From View

Crazy Frog:  The Movie

Can Haz Cheeseburger:  The Movie

BlodwynPig

I BAMLEM JACK BUAER: 42 HOURS TO METLDOWN: THE MOVIE

Subtle Mocking

Some Guy from Vine: The Movie

The same 6 seconds repeated for 120 mins, somehow forming a coherent plot by the end.

BlodwynPig

Biggytitbo: My life on a forum: The Movie

(Warning: Arthouse film, only showing in selected cinemas).

BlodwynPig

Saying that, didnt facebook have something where it created YOUR MOVIE based on your profile. What a piece of self-centered shit that was.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 12, 2014, 03:12:07 PM
Saying that, didnt facebook have something where it created YOUR MOVIE based on your profile. What a piece of self-centered shit that was.

Though it did give us this still from Limmy:

Replies From View

olliebean

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 12, 2014, 03:12:07 PM

I'm proud to say it wouldn't do one for me, presumably because I haven't shared every last tiny detail about my life with facebook and definitely not because my life doesn't have enough interesting moments in it even to make a crappy Ken Burns-style slideshow[nb]I'm assuming that's all they were; I could never be arsed to watch any of them.[/nb] out of.

Blumf

<click> <scroll, scroll> <pause> <scroll, scroll> The Movie!

BritishHobo

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on July 12, 2014, 02:46:36 PM
There was also Fred: The Movie, which guest starred John fucking Cena of all people.

A dogshit movie with some actually genuinely funny 'grown-up' actors - Jordan Black (Community, Arrested Development) and Oscar Nuñez (The Office) are pretty funny in it, as is Chris Wylde, although perhaps they just seemed funny in comparison to the rest of the dogshit film.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on July 12, 2014, 03:10:22 PM
Some Guy from Vine: The Movie

The same 6 seconds repeated for 120 mins, somehow forming a coherent plot by the end.

Dapperlaughs: The Movie

oh god i'm so sorry

The Dancing Baby from Ally McBeal The Movie.

Then ...Returns, Forever, and Robin, Begins etc.