Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

That fucking dog from Britains got Talent : The movie

Started by Morrison Lard, July 11, 2014, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 12, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
They're doing a Grumpy Cat movie in the US too.  What the fuck is wrong with people?

For a second I thought this was 'Smelly Cat'. As in the song by Phoebe in Friends.

billtheburger

It puzzles me that the dog did 2 shows, 6 days a week in panto season and now 16 hour long days on a film shoot and they haven't killed it off yet.

BlodwynPig

Is Britain's got Talent only 2 rounds?

I "always" wondered about that. A shit thing like a graffiti artist or dog act couldn't really find enough variety to pull of more than 1 2 shows, I guess

BritishHobo

I always wondered the same thing about that troupe of lookalikes who came on in masks and gradually revealed themselves to look like Gervais (doing the Brent dance) or David Beckham (pretending to kick a football around) or tee-hee Simon Cowell. What was there left to do once they'd done that routine and given away the surprise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToU3D7IJjRA

SteveDave

I've seen the TV advert for this a lot this week but, despite being aware that it was a dog, I still thought it was something to do with Children In Need bear.

Bear/Dog Blindness is a terrible disease effecting a lot of people on the internet in 2014. Please give generously & stop the madness.

BlodwynPig

MuteBanana

Is the woman who actually trained the dog getting a part in the film?

I guess any fee goes to her, that would help soften the blow.

dr_christian_troy

This film, worryingly, reminds me of nothing but this article[nb]Not a high career point for Dud.[/nb], although obviously I hope that history doesn't repeat itself. We're fucked either way I guess.

Steven

I remember liking that film as a kid, Nostalgia Chick did a harrowing review on it a few years back.

Morrison Lard

It was the premiere last night!

Let's see which A-listers showed up..

This woman who was on Brookside-

Her-

Cindy Beale-

Him-

This twat-

This band-

Feltz and an annoyed child-

and Mrs Brooker-

Blumf

BritishHobo

Cleaners From Venus

I have literally no idea who seven of those people are. Eight, if you count the dog.

And I'm not counting the sprogs or Big V's mate either.

Brundle-Fly

Does this have the same "greedy property developer ruining ordinary folks' lives " storyline as Mrs Brown's Boys: Da' Movie?

George Oscar Bluth II

I might be wrong, but the review someone posted on page 1 suggests it doesn't have a story at all, apart from "dog goes places, sees things".

BritishHobo

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 15, 2014, 08:12:37 PM
Does this have the same "greedy property developer ruining ordinary folks' lives " storyline as Mrs Brown's Boys: Da' Movie?

The trailer did have a couple of clips of a greedy businessman plotting to buy out whatever folksy area it's set in in order to build a shopping centre or some such nonsense. That seems to be one of two go-to plots for hacky writers working on lazy adaptations. The other one being the lovable non-human characters getting lost in a big city (Garfield, Marmaduke, The Smurfs, other bullshit). To nobody's surprise, this film looks to lean on both.

By the way ten seconds of this movie were cut by the BBFC because of use of the word 'bugger'. So hold on to your seats.

BritishHobo

Actually it's probably not fair of me to sneer at the screenwriter. With a film like this, and a production company like Syco, who have only ever made turgid reality shows, I'm sure it was pretty much designed by committee to be note-perfect as a chummy family film.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 16, 2014, 05:45:22 AM
The trailer did have a couple of clips of a greedy businessman plotting to buy out whatever folksy area it's set in in order to build a shopping centre or some such nonsense.

What is it about films produced in as soulless and corporate a way as possible making businessmen, who want to make things soulless and corporate, into the villains? I guess it's all just camouflage for what they're actually doing.

stunted

holyzombiejesus

Saw this last night . I'd heard rumours that Pudsey got his lipstick out but I wasn't prepared for the filth that followed. I'm surprised that it ever got past the censors although, post Blue is the Warmest Colour, I guess things have changed.

In one scene, Pudsey pleasures himself with his own tongue in graphic detail for a few minutes. He later eats his own faeces, and, in another controversial section, he forces himself on a lady's leg. In a scene that reminded me of the Straw Dogs controversy, Pudsey's victim actually smiles at this and tries to pass it off as 'nothing'.

The most shocking part of the film is where Pudsey has full unsimulated intercourse with another dog in the middle of a school playing field with dozens of cheering children watching. The scene is about 20 minutes long and actually quite moving and erotically charged and I felt quite sad when the sex was put to a halt by a caretaker throwing a broom at them.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 16, 2014, 05:45:22 AMBy the way ten seconds of this movie were cut by the BBFC because of use of the word 'bugger'. So hold on to your seats.

Do you think this means we'll get an uncut, PG-rated "VERSION THEY DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE" on DVD?

Quote from: BBFC statementThere are also scenes featuring a pig who breaks wind a lot and defecates on the floor.

Astonishing.

Talulah, really!

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 13, 2014, 11:58:51 PM
Is the woman who actually trained the dog getting a part in the film?

Jesus, is that how she rewards the dog when he does all those tricks? We just give ours a biscuit.

Steven

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 13, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

She'd only spend it all on peanut-butter and oven-gloves.

Wet Blanket

The trouble with "real dog" movies (as oppose to animated or puppet ones) is that the animal in question quite clearly cannot give a fuck.

The dog doesn't know it's on a film set, or that it's supposed to act one way or another, it's just being a dog, sitting and begging and rolling over when asked, but generally indifferent. They don't act.

I can't look at a dog in a movie, any movie, and not be aware that, unlike the human cast, it isn't pretending. it could be in a living room or a back garden and it would behave in the same way, and that is rubbish.

Cleaners From Venus

You say that, but Hooch was Stanislavsky trained.