Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greatest Cocteau Twins song?

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, July 12, 2014, 07:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

15 different suggestions for their greatest song!

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Retinend on June 24, 2020, 08:55:18 PM15 different suggestions for their greatest song!
You've got mine, 'Aloysius', in there - always my choice for a single song to sell the band on to someone. Though the aforementioned 'Lazy Calm' would be a second, a frequent choice of my playlists when I'm trying to settle myself for sleep on a Sunday night.

jamiefairlie

Always partial to a bit of Blind Dumb Deaf when I'm in a particularly nihilistic mood. Live those early Will Heggie rumbling baselines. His later band Lowlife were really great too.

Johnboy

Quote from: Johnboy on June 25, 2020, 09:25:15 AM
Fotzepolitic

Was blasting this out (amongst others) on my drive today. Fucking joyous song.

Jockice

Pearly Dewdrops Drops. I know, I know. But I did see them live twice in the 80s and owned (I think) three of their albums but this is the only tune of theirs I can remember. They're one of those bands I quite liked at the time but have been consigned to a minute part of my memory. It'll happen to you as well when you get old.

Twit 2

Really love the chorus of Heaven or Las Vegas. That whole album is something special, though. And if you haven't lolled expansively in a bath tub listening to Lazy Calm with an enormo-bifta on the go, then you haven't lived, so that too.

Dr Syntax Head

Pearly Dewdrops Drop isn't it. Probably linked a few times above but it is divine. The bass alone is extremely beautiful, classic shoegaze bassline.

Love's Easy Tears and Violaine are also up there for me.

lankyguy95

Ask me every day for a week and you'd probably get a different answer each time.

Today I'll say Suckling The Mender.

jamiefairlie

If we can claim Song to the Siren as a Cocteaus tune that that. I also have a soft spot for the medley of the two Modern English tracks they did on the B-side.

spaghetamine

oh man, so hard to choose

Aikea-Guinea
Iceblink Luck
Know Who You Are At Every Age
Pink Orange Red
Orangle Appled

Johnboy

I also really like Athol Brose - here's Nouvelle Vague's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11xh-FTGc0