Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,383
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My weekend beats your year

Started by elderford, February 12, 2004, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderford

This weekend I shall be stood in this field viewing whats left of Coate stone circle in Swindon (the photo pretty much shows what is left). It will take me over two hours to travel from my home to this field.

Does your lifestyle live up to mine? Share with me your weekend plans...

pretty dead boy

smoker

oh ho ho ho, so easy.

tonight: review a restaurant, free meal for two, and i write a 120 word review

tomorrow night: going to the annual comedy revue at sheffield uni, my mate in his final year of medicine is organising it, then holding one of his regular massive house parties afterwards with loads of booze, pot and fine women

saturday night: going to see a gig with our lass, then back to my place for shenanigans

sunday: impress her with my by now famous spanish scrambled eggs

mook

Let me get this right, your driving 2 hours to go and look at a bunch of half hidden rocks arranged in a loose approximation of a circle? Fill your boots.

Better than Qatar I suppose, at least you can have a pint on the way back;)

elderford

Look smoker, here's a close up of one of the stones, they're sarsen...hmmm.

smoker

That looks like a great field. I take it the red circle and cross is a marking to let the UFOs know where to land.

I've got a good weekend coming up at the end of the month, I'll just bide my time till then. Argh, I've just realised Saturday is Valentine's Day!

Cerys

Quote from: "elderford"This weekend I shall be stood in this field viewing whats left of Coate stone circle in Swindon (the photo pretty much shows what is left). It will take me over two hours to travel from my home to this field....

Git!  Git, git, git, git, git!

I miss going to stone circles.  Note to self: get either car or sugar daddy.

elderford

Cerys, Bedd Taliesin (SN 671 912) is just up the road from Aberystwyth.

described as...
One of the best known prehistoric monuments in Ceredigion, Bedd Taliesin is marked on maps (SN 671 912) and is conveniently situated adjacent to a minor road east of Tal-y-Bont. Bedd Taliesin is the remains of a Bronze Age round kerb cairn containing a 2m long cist. The side slabs of the cist are still in situ but the capstone has become dislodged.

Cerys

I know ... but still no car.  Sob.  Maybe I can make my own, in a plant pot or something.

Frinky

Quote from: "Cerys"Note to self: get either car or sugar daddy.

How will this work with NG? I'm up for the role, but I don't want to have to kill him, or something.

Sugar Daddy, that is, not Car. Though you can ride m--Don't you dare, Frink.

Cerys

I'm sure he wouldn't mind, as long as you buy him an icecream or something to keep him quiet....

terrorist

I went to school near Swindon and we used to go visit Avebury all the time.  It's got a very big stone circle and a longbarrow and a fake hill.  The pub in Avebury used to (and probably still does) a good pint of 6X, the best beer in the world.

Cerys

I hate you.  That'll be West Kennet Long Barrow, I'm assuming?  I have an anecdote involving that barrow and its contribution to my adult self, but I've told it before and can't be arsed repeating it.

terrorist

Quote from: "Cerys"I know ... but still no car.  Sob.  Maybe I can make my own, in a plant pot or something.

This might seem like a good idea but any car you can make in a plant pot is going to be way too small to drive in. Mind you I don't know how big your plant pot is

elderford

The pub is The Red Lion, yes it's still there, bit of a cash cow as it's the only pub in a village which receives an estimated 500,000 visitors a year.

Stayed there once, but it's crap as you get locked in to stop you fiddling with the pub, however you can have sex in comfort within the boundaries of a prehistoric monument.

Cerys, West Kennet Longbarrow is a Scheduled Ancient Monument, it is here for all of us, not just for people with dirty minds to go grubbing about in it.

(That said Julian Cope recorded part of Autogeddon in there with an electrified band)

terrorist

Yes that's the very same long barrow, You're not the homeless person who used to sleep there in the summer are you?

He he he.

I'm sick of writing 'He he he'. Could we not just have one smiley?

Cerys

Quote from: "terrorist"
Quote from: "Cerys"I know ... but still no car.  Sob.  Maybe I can make my own, in a plant pot or something.

This might seem like a good idea but any car you can make in a plant pot is going to be way too small to drive in. Mind you I don't know how big your plant pot is

I meant I could make a stone circle in a plant pot, as well you know.

Quote from: "Cerys"That'll be West Kennet Long Barrow, I'm assuming?

Quote from: "terrorist"Yes that's the very same long barrow, You're not the homeless person who used to sleep there in the summer are you?

Nope.  Wouldn't mind sleeping there, though.  With as much company as possible mind....

Alberon

You could always revert to the stone-age version of the smiley - ASCII

:-)

terrorist

elderford, why are you going to look at rocks?

Almost Yearly

I shall be relieving myself on the faces of twelve Merry Maidens who live just down the road, and so shall my dog.

Quote from: "terrorist"elderford, why are you going to look at rocks?
You're not burying the cat are you?

king mob

Quote from: "Martian Martian"He he he.

I'm sick of writing 'He he he'. Could we not just have one smiley?

Here's a nice smiley pic for you

mook

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"I shall be relieving myself on the faces of twelve Merry Maidens who live just down the road, and so shall my dog.

Cor..is this some kind of Cornish ritual to thank those men of the village for their fruitful loins?

If so, that's it , I'm hiding Ms. Mook's nightly sweetie and we're westward bound. Hmm a dozen you say;)