Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2014 Quarter Final: ziggy starbucks vs lazyhour

Started by ziggy starbucks, July 22, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasp_f15ting

BlodwynPig

Jijifranko

alan nagsworth

lazyhour for me.

Ziggy's attention to detail is always stunning, but I got some serious giggling fits from When Louis Met Louis. The pic of the two of them is just fantastic all on its own, really simplistic. Loved it.

Small Man Big Horse

Lovely stuff from both, but Ziggy's second wins it for me.

kittens

Danger Man

I love how Ziggy are getting down in his little buffet of savoury deserts.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

That's 9-9 after 48 hours.

Lazyhour, it was very noble of you to refuse Replies From View's vote. If you stick to that decision, do you accept the consequences: a 10-8 loss?

Just as well Jonathan Pearce isn't commentating on this.

Thursday

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Thanks Thursday, a bit of water thrown on the ol' chip pan fire is always welcome.

I'll have to call this one a Ziggy Starbucks victory I think, in light of Replies From View's sympathy vote. Bad luck lazyhour, I hope that seems fair. If not, feel free to take it up with senior management and best of luck with that.

lazyhour

That's fine - if it helps I consider myself the winner here. I also have the bonus that I don't have to spend any more of my time on this contest for another year.

A pleasing result!

Puce Moment

Your choice and placement of Theroux images makes me crack up every time I see them. A moral victory, like the Khmer Rouge.

ziggy starbucks

lazyhour's were much funnier than mine. The theroux shot is fantastic, with the perfect theroux-heads arrangement and great text.

Although I didn't really try to make them funny, which looking back is a bit odd. Mine were 2 excruciating, OCD attempts at turning the things inside my head into a image file.

I look forward to spending another 11 hours making 2 unfunny images based on Jimmy Savile for the semi-final!

Replies From View

Quote from: lazyhour on August 03, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
That's fine - if it helps I consider myself the winner here.

In that case I retract my sympathy vote so that you never even had it.  I don't want the success going to your head - you might end up like Ricky Gervais or Eric Idle or someone, if you are not already the same as them.

I managed to make it a tighter race with my intervention and therefore a more thrilling one, as planned.  I am sure you will agree this forum needs more people like me, "script editing" our fucking hearts out, ramping up the tension and so on.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Quote from: lazyhour on August 03, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
That's fine - if it helps I consider myself the winner here. I also have the bonus that I don't have to spend any more of my time on this contest for another year.

A pleasing result!

Clearly typed through a waterfall of heartbroken tears, but well done for putting on such a brave face.

Replies From View

That's not bravery - it is a tan.

He is already transforming into Eric Idle.  I was too late.

lazyhour

I'm already halfway through turning this year's Wimblewrong into tacky West End musical.

Just wait til you hear "Ziggy's Lament".

Replies From View

Look at him with his freshly ballistic ego.  He can't be contained now.

Quite soon his teeth and voice will go transatlantic.  It'll be like when Father Jack smartened himself up for a bit, except irreversible.