Author Topic: Elite Dangerous  (Read 13511 times)

Re: Elite Dangerous
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »
I'm absolutely loving it again, but it's definitely not a game for everyone. The core systems have been really enriched though, and I hope they continue doing that. I have a blast just with the solitude and immersive nature of the game. Now you can use the FSS and surface scanner to find interesting stuff on planets, so I go down and drive around for a look and to grab some materials. Engineers have all been reworked so I'm going to get at least my Anaconda, AspX and Python reworked.

Bought a Krait II as well myself, and fitted it out with all the new mining gear. Haven't found that many explodable asteroids yet, but done a couple and was highly impressed by how much more fun mining is now. Love this idea of a gold rush too, hoping to make some good cash before the background sim changes things, but it looks like it should last over Xmas at least.

Definitely want to do some exploring, I still need to travel 5k from spawn to unlock the engineer who does the grade 5 dirty drives, and I know they're worth it. But at the minute I'm just having an absolute blast (hahah) flying my unengineered Krait nimbly around the asteroid fields. So much fun after being in the sluggish Anaconda for so long.

Yeah, glad this was bumped, the new stuff they've added has got me really into the game again, loving it!

Kryton

• Keep it neutral. Keep it safe. That's my motto.
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2018, 07:12:03 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it. I feel pretty much the same way. Plus it's gorgeous now isn't it?

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »
Much the same on the OG Xbox tbh. In my dreams I play this on a PC with VR. Anyway I put a tenner in to support a fab update, and bought the Norman Lovett voicepack.

This will get patched, but in case you haven’t heard yet, hitting chunks with more than one abrasion blaster at the same time can create more than one chunk! So I put them on all three top Krait hardpoints last night, stuck them on the same fire group, and most of the time now I get at least one extra chunk of void opals or Alexandrite or whatever when I smack them off the inner rocks.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
Is there any real difference between pc and xbox? Same content, they get updated at the same time, that sort of thing?

Kryton

« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2018, 04:18:35 AM »
On a whim I transferred all my modules from the Krait II to the Krait Phantom and I have no regrets. It does everything I need, but it's faster and has a better jump range.

I can imagine the Krait II excels in combat, but the Phantom is more suited to my purposes of fast exploration. Plus I save a few bob on the ship transfer.

Perfect.

-- On my test run I wanted to find my first signs of biological life having only ever discovered geological stuff. It just so happens the first two planets outside my new asteroid station (in my home system!) happen to harbour 'Bark mounds' and I think I've just made a mark in the universal codex.

Kryton

« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »
Ok might have been a bit premature. The Phantom is very fast, but weak as fuck. Both times I've slammed into a planet it's fucked my hull, whereas the Krait II always took it like a champ and lost like only 1% hull. I think my speed is a factor though.

Also the Krait II definately has some kind of evasion-meta implemented. I've never been searched or scanned once in the Krait II, never been interdicted, but as soon as I jump in the Phantom, every cunt is trying to interdict me as standard.

I think I'm still going to use it (Phantom) and see about getting some better defenses for planetary landings. Then I might turn the Krait II into a fighting ship instead and make use of the good hull, the fighter bay and good beefy hardpoints like God intended.

EDIT: Linking this so I remember it later http://elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk/interestingsystems/distancefrom/volkhab/30000
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 05:30:20 PM by Kryton »

Kryton

« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2019, 10:03:55 PM »
Fuming. My own curiosity got the better of me. Lost about 7-8 hours worth of exploration data as I was flying from the black towards Fed space. Decided to check out some satellite and started scanning it to read the logs. Suddenly a load of absolute bastards appeared from nowhere, startling me from my relaxed trance into a state of near-hysteria as my shields crumbled under several shots and a big fat missile up my tail-pipe.

I could have docked too, but I thought nah I'll be Johnny Big Wig.

Now I'm back at my shitty asteroid base and have lost all my data. Fuming mate. But it's my own fault and was extremely sudden and fun... In it's own way. Lesson learned.

Kryton

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »

Wondering just what the fuck it was now... I shoulda googled it with my space computer, but it seemed harmless until those tossers appeared and missiled my Phantom.