Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Thoughts on Transistor

Started by CaptainSchpunklewiff, July 26, 2014, 11:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainSchpunklewiff

Ok, so I recently played Transistor and it's fucking brilliant. The music, the style, the mechanics- amazing. Totally worth a play if you liked Supergiant games' last game: Bastion. What are people's thoughts on it? What do you think the game's about etc? Please remember to include Spoiler tags and whatnot if you are going to talk about the plot in any detail. Fanks.

wasp_f15ting

Oh gosh, what a gorgeous wonderful game. I would rate this better than Bastion, just based on my love of cyberpunk. I wish I'd got on the PS4 where the voice comes from the PS4 controller. Music is luscious too. The colours are just gorgeous. The story is as poignant as Bastion.. I can't wait to see more from this team.

MojoJojo

I think Zetetic did a big post about it, if not a thread.

I started it but stopped when the weekly grind came in. Had some lovely aspects, but the fighting mechanic seemed a bit rubbish to me, pixel precision is good when time limited, but when you have the option to undo and retry it just seemed to be an exercise in patience. A tactical game which rewarded precision as much as tactics.  Maybe it got better (I got to just past the first boss).

Zetetic

wasp_f15ting did do a thread in May. Not a very big post from me!

As I said there: I did like it and it was good to have something action-y without being frenetic.

Still don't reckon much to the plot.