Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mad Max: Fury Road

Started by El Unicornio, mang, July 27, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
New trailer for this. Odd trailer. Lots of moments of quiet. Not just inception horns and a million quick cuts.

http://youtu.be/rtKfNYpXp3c

I'm very interested in seeing this film.

Johnny Textface

THAT is how you do a film trailer. Five stars to the marketing department there.

VegaLA

Fans of the original can't say they got the Vibe wrong for that trailer. Absolutely spot on.

That's a Cinema date for sure.

Oh definitely. Those are clearly some real cars being flipped too. Explosions look largely CGI boosted, but there's some real practical shit happening, thankfully.

Honestly, an outrageous 110 minute long non-stop car chase with real cars being flipped and shit is a fucking cinema date for sure. This is the first blockbuster in a long whilst that's had me excited, because it just looks fucking mental and inventive. George Miller's an incredibly accomplished director. Even both Babe films are acclaimed and brilliant, which is not what you'd expect of talking animal films.

I still can't get over the fact that the protagonist looks like he starts the first half of this film as a fucking hood ornament on some lunatic's ejaculatory crashmobile.

phantom_power

Quote from: NoSleep on August 04, 2014, 12:47:07 PM
I was just copying something that I immediately found on IMDB or wherever, just to clarify, for Board of Canada, that Mad Max (1) was not named The Road Warrior.

I think a lot of Americans think Road Warrior is the first Mad Max film because when it came out there was no reference to the first one. That might be where the confusion lies

great_badir

I'm hoping this ends up being more Road Warrior than Thunderdome.  Trouble is, even going by the half decent trailers, it could go either way...

Quote from: great_badir on December 11, 2014, 01:39:52 PM
I'm hoping this ends up being more Road Warrior than Thunderdome.  Trouble is, even going by the half decent trailers, it could go either way...

I think it's a stretch to say it'll be like Thunderdome from those trailers. Everything, including interviews, makes it seem like it's going to basically be the final chase in Mad Max 2, stretched out to a full film.

Whether that'll be good and well paced, who knows? But I don't think it'll be anything like Thunderdome. I don't even understand how they made Thunderdome.
Felt like a studio wanted a vehicle for Tina Turner, and they just thought, "Hey, why not this film we have the rights to?".

great_badir

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 11, 2014, 02:06:06 PM
I think it's a stretch to say it'll be like Thunderdome from those trailers. Everything, including interviews, makes it seem like it's going to basically be the final chase in Mad Max 2, stretched out to a full film.

Whether that'll be good and well paced, who knows? But I don't think it'll be anything like Thunderdome. I don't even understand how they made Thunderdome.
Felt like a studio wanted a vehicle for Tina Turner, and they just thought, "Hey, why not this film we have the rights to?".

I've ONLY seen trailers - not seen, heard or read any other piece of publicity about the film, so I don't even really know the basic plot/synopsis.

To be fair, bits of Thunderdome are okay.  It's just most of it that isn't.

Mister Six

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 11, 2014, 03:36:34 AMHonestly, an outrageous 110 minute long non-stop car chase

People keep saying this, but that can't be true, can it? There are bits in the trailer where people are on foot, or having fist fights in wells or something, and they're obviously not in cars. Or is the film two-and-a-half hours long, and 40 minutes are set outside the vehicles?

Anyway. Amazing trailer. Best I've seen in EVER. Shits all over the Star Wars teaser, that's for sure. HYPED.

EDIT: They've gone a bit mental with the orange/cyan colour grading, but at least there's an actual atmospheric and aesthetic reason for it here, unlike in almost every other film where it's just a lazy way to make the image 'pop' in lieu of proper cinematography/interesting composition.

Hangthebuggers

Yep it's not often I've gone 'Fucking hell!' at a trailer, and I cannot remember the last film I watched at the cinema, but that looks incredible.

Can't bloody wait now!

Shaky

Quote from: phantom_power on December 11, 2014, 09:29:31 AM
I think a lot of Americans think Road Warrior is the first Mad Max film because when it came out there was no reference to the first one.

Apart from the MM1 clips at the start. Silly Americans.

Shaky

Quote from: Bored of Canada on December 11, 2014, 02:06:06 PM

Really? I definitely detect some of the "glossiness" of the third one in these trailers. Fury Road may get much of it's inspiration from MM2 but I will bet you one pound (or one dollar, whichever is less) we'll see a lot of Thunderdome in there too. Like Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson and others, surely Miller is now too "Hollywood" a director to have the ability/desire to completely recall the look and vibe of his early, scuzzier works?

Not saying that's a bad thing, mind. I (cough) like Thunderdome for what it is. And FR does look loads of fun.

phantom_power

Quote from: Shaky on December 11, 2014, 11:43:08 PM
Apart from the MM1 clips at the start. Silly Americans.

I think they just thought it was a prologue rather than a prequel. Or it could just have been people who hadn't seen the film who were mistaken

Alberon

Finally got around to seeing the trailer.

Good God, that's how you do it! Though I suppose it helps you've got a film with such great visuals in it in the first place.

Mind you, when that music started up I kept expecting Simon Munnery to appear. He wouldn't look too much out of place either.

Mango Chimes

I'm just not this big a fan of orange.

NoSleep

I was thinking it needed a bit more fire.

VegaLA

kidsick5000

Stunning trailers. Vast roaring maelstroms of action that I hope can sustain throughout.

But

And I doubt my thimble of cold water will do anything to douse this fireball

I'm a touch disappointed It's still in the Mad Max 2/Thunderdome styling. I really thought this was going to be closer to the first film, where civilisation hasn't yet entirely gone.

great_badir

Quote from: kidsick5000 on December 16, 2014, 02:49:06 AM
I'm a touch disappointed It's still in the Mad Max 2/Thunderdome styling. I really thought this was going to be closer to the first film, where civilisation hasn't yet entirely gone.

Isn't that because it's a sort-of "sidequel" that takes place after the events of 2 and Thunderdome?

Mel Gobson was, after all, still down to be Max until a few years ago when he got bored of waiting.

NoSleep

Quote from: great_badir on December 16, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Mel Gobson was, after all, still down to be Max until a few years ago when he got old.

FTFY

kidsick5000

Quote from: great_badir on December 16, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Isn't that because it's a sort-of "sidequel" that takes place after the events of 2 and Thunderdome?

Mel Gobson was, after all, still down to be Max until a few years ago when he got bored of waiting.

Looking at that cross section of where Gibson/Max/Age meet, he was only 29 when Thunderdome came out. 29!?!

wooders1978

Looking at the trailer - is the woman in fact "mad max"? Or am I being daft?

AsparagusTrevor

kidsick5000

Quote from: wooders1978 on December 17, 2014, 08:31:38 AM
Looking at the trailer - is the woman in fact "mad max"? Or am I being daft?

She's Imperator Furiosa.
Imperator was once the highest title a Roman soldier could attain. The maximum, or max, you could say.
Furiosa is the feminine Spanish for furious, or angry. You could even say mad.
Hey... max mad?

mobias

New trailer is out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBb4SZ0F6Q

I refuse to believe this film is going to be anything other that utterly fucking mega!!!!

Hangthebuggers

I've not been to the cinema in years, but this and Jurassic park 4 have swayed me.

I really cannot wait for this.

greenman

Quote from: mobias on April 01, 2015, 07:34:55 PM

I refuse to believe this film is going to be anything other that utterly fucking mega!!!!

Mad Max meets Fist of the North Star?

Artemis

Quote from: mobias on April 01, 2015, 07:34:55 PM

Blimey, that trailer is absolutely insane!

Head Gardener

more good news is it's been given an R-Rating and has a 98% hype on Rotten Tomatoes

mobias

Quote from: Artemis on April 01, 2015, 09:36:56 PM
Blimey, that trailer is absolutely insane!

All the trailers have been fairly epic so far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

I just hope its not a case of great trailers but shit movie.