Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mad Max: Fury Road

Started by El Unicornio, mang, July 27, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Quote from: captaincockring on September 26, 2016, 01:29:18 AM
I instantly made some theories that maybe the surviving population was forced to travel north across the dead dried up oceans.

Makes sense, Tina Turner made it across.

Glebe

Dex Sawash

Gave this another chance Saturday. Still not good, still without a plot I could follow.

Welding a stack of cars atop a car is only makes sense to 9 year olds.

Shaky

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 12, 2016, 12:28:57 PM
Gave this another chance Saturday. Still not good, still without a plot I could follow.

Welding a stack of cars atop a car is only makes sense to 9 year olds.

As a man comprised of four and a bit 9 year olds.. I like it.

Skip Bittman

Quote from: Glebe on October 04, 2016, 09:36:43 PM
'Mad Max: Fury Road' Black & Chrome Edition to Make Theatrical Debut at SpectreFest.

I wanna see this version on the big screen.

Really looking forward to that, they are doing a very nice job scheduling that fest. Tonight's script reading of Joe Dante's The Man with Kaleidoscope Eyes with Bill Hader as Roger Corman on acid has me excited. I remember reading some stories a few years ago about it. I hope this gives them the extra push to make it a reality.

Tickets for Blood & Chrome sold out pretty quickly, hopefully there will be some more screenings! That's a film that definitely vastly benefits from a gigantic screen.

Head Gardener

Glebe

QDRPHNC

Tried to watch this on the weekend, turned it off after 10 minutes. Looks like a video game from the early 90s. Was confused as to what my response was supposed to be.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 23, 2017, 10:45:09 PM
Tried to watch this on the weekend, turned it off after 10 minutes. Looks like a video game from the early 90s. Was confused as to what my response was supposed to be.

Probably that.

It's basically a car chase for a couple hours, some dig that, some don't I guess.

QDRPHNC

I don't think I got to that bit. Guy got branded, then some flashes from the video game Quarantine, then something else.

Dr Syntax Head

Were you playing quarantine?

Shaky

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 23, 2017, 10:45:09 PM
Tried to watch this on the weekend, turned it off after 10 minutes.

What you've done there is, you've turned the TV off while trying to watch something. No wonder you didn't enjoy it! Next time, sit well away from the screen and tape your hands up or something.

hewantstolurkatad

Wouldn't dream of watching it on a television tbh. Biiiiiiiiiig screen, surround sound, essential.