Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,209
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Son Of Verbwhore Video Projects

Started by madhair60, July 28, 2014, 09:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Beagle 2

I mixed up an obituary of Gore Vidal and some footage of Big Bird with limited success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tWoKzyK0I

Harry Badger

Great stuff - Madhair60, will you be doing one for all of the DPP list films? There's some on there I wouldn't want to have to sit through.

Beagle 2 - excellent stuff, what did you use there?

Here's my first ever music video directorial effort, which was a lot of fun to make https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCByW7fRkLI

madhair60

Quote from: Harry Badger on July 29, 2014, 11:40:56 AM
Great stuff - Madhair60, will you be doing one for all of the DPP list films? There's some on there I wouldn't want to have to sit through.

That's my eventual plan.  Some of them are SO BORING though

Harry Badger

Quote from: madhair60 on July 29, 2014, 12:03:29 PM

Yeah, the list is pretty arbitrary. Some of them were put on there on the basis of one complaint to police and are not 'nasty' in any meaningful sense. I've probably seen half of them over the years and can't say I really thought much of most of them. The Fulci ones are OK but nonsensical and badly paced, Cannibal Holocaust is pretty good, The Burning is a decent slasher but with little originality. I think the fact I have massively gone off horror films as I get older may contribute to this though.

Goldentony

Quote from: madhair60 on July 29, 2014, 12:03:29 PM

Yeah i've fallen into this trap recently. The second part of that Video Nasties documentary came out and some of the intros and trailers to the other 72 films make them look fucking fantastic, but having watched Mad Foxes, Naked Fist, One Dark Night, Nightbeast and Midnight the only one i'd give a second go to is Naked Fist which is like Only God Forgives if it was fun.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Harry Badger on July 29, 2014, 11:40:56 AM

Beagle 2 - excellent stuff, what did you use there?

Here's my first ever music video directorial effort, which was a lot of fun to make https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCByW7fRkLI

That was fun, how long did it take to shoot?

I used Final Cut Pro X, which in theory makes everything really simple and user-friendly, but runs like a dog on my system for some reason.

madhair60

Quote from: Goldentony on July 30, 2014, 08:10:59 PM
Yeah i've fallen into this trap recently. The second part of that Video Nasties documentary came out and some of the intros and trailers to the other 72 films make them look fucking fantastic, but having watched Mad Foxes, Naked Fist, One Dark Night, Nightbeast and Midnight the only one i'd give a second go to is Naked Fist which is like Only God Forgives if it was fun.

Yeah, it was my purchase of that which prompted this whole silly idea.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Beagle 2 on July 31, 2014, 11:55:45 AM
That was fun, how long did it take to shoot?

I used Final Cut Pro X, which in theory makes everything really simple and user-friendly, but runs like a dog on my system for some reason.

We shot all the exterior stuff in one day, then picked up the interiors as and when we could. The crazy boss-woman apparently used to be quite a well-known child actor and appeared in the Worst Witch - her insane get-up at the end is her preferred way of dressing.

Here's one I did last week - I was lucky enough to be on the camera crew for my favourite festival, Nozstock. Here are the results: https://vimeo.com/103285613

the

For Xmas I got the boxset of Shoestring series 1, and decided to do 30-second edits of the standout moments from each episode. The results:

Shoestring - The Highlights

(There are 3 more episodes pending, but so far this year I've been too busy to do them.)

mbedd

I've just made this cartoon to help out a friend- nightmare to get done it was too as I stupidly did it in Flash, and because it was for HD the illustrations I did really put a strain on stuff. I'm not sure how it will go down though with his fan base, I tried to tone down the strangeness and make it all normal, but watching it back now, I think it still might be a bit odd for them. Here it is if you are interested ( I really wanted to sneak that Derke toy photoshoppy thing I did in the Gervais Derek topic, but I didn't want it coming back to bite me.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKCzVtmvXxc&list=PL22F2B8A7E6D6BF56

great_badir

Quote from: the on August 18, 2014, 11:15:15 PM
For Xmas I got the boxset of Shoestring series 1, and decided to do 30-second edits of the standout moments from each episode. The results:

(There are 3 more episodes pending, but so far this year I've been too busy to do them.)

Brilliant.  The end music(s) make it.

They.  Are.  Ace.

Harry Badger

Only watched a few but these are good. Have you done the Xmas one with the faulty Scalextrics yet? That was the one episode I can remember.

DukeDeMondo

Here's a short film I made about folks down Junction Road, Archway.

Anyway, Junction Road it's called.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2u9t4KTcEFI

DukeDeMondo

Here's the second part of my 5 Scariest Films Of All Ever 2-part thing, in which I bleat on a bit about some stuff and also Ghostwatch.

http://youtu.be/MfiZqnH72O4

Buffalo Many Times

the

CaB-inspired audio-visual nonsense:

The Sadness Of The Infinite Del

Some good stuff in this thread by the way :)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Mucking about with After Effects resulted in this.

Shaky

I must concur.... bloody great!

Lost Oliver