Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:04:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Deadpool movie leaked test footage

Started by Alski, August 06, 2014, 01:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Watched 'The Voices' this evening. Much better performance from Reynolds and much better film in general. I recommend people watch that.

Glebe

JUST A WARNING... If you haven't seen X-Men: Apocalypse, this is rather spoilerish:

Japanese X-Men: Apocalypse trailer...

HappyTree

Finally got around to watching this. Awful. I mean, really bad. The cheekiness was too try-hard and at times went too fast to even register what he was on about; the interesting possibility of his girlfriend
Spoiler alert
'breaking out' her powers
[close]
was abandoned for some reason; and
Spoiler alert
the silver Hulk
[close]
was a preachy pain in the proverbials. And very unconvincing. "You really should be a good boy, you know!" Yeah yeah whatevs.

That fight between him and
Spoiler alert
the strong woman
[close]
, what a load of crap.
Spoiler alert
Lumbering brawn-monsters
[close]
are the worst of all superheroes (and the most boring characters to pick in beat-em-ups) and here we have two of the cunts slugging it out to no effect whatsoever.

The only positive aspect, to me, was the way the story was broken up with the action freezing to delve back into his origin. And less is more.
Spoiler alert
When he had to kill everyone with only a few bullets it got a little bit inventive
[close]

But generally, nah. Deadpool, dead schmool.

neveragain

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 15, 2016, 10:17:01 PM
Watched 'The Voices' this evening. Much better performance from Reynolds and much better film in general. I recommend people watch that.

Buried is pretty good too, and he's not the least bit quirky.

Serge

I finally got around to this myself this afternoon and quite enjoyed it. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't have a stronger reaction in either direction - I have friends who think it's the worst thing in the history of cinema, and others who think it's amazing, but for me it was....pretty good, would watch it again, and would watch a sequel. I don't think I've ever seen Ryan Reynolds in anything else, and he was very enjoyable, though barely anybody else in it had much of a personality - the English Villain was especially bad, not helped by looking like a skinhead Matthew Horne. The biggest laugh for me was Deadpool breaking both hands and one of his legs when attacking Colossus towards the end of the motorway scene - was that a deliberate nod to the Black Knight in 'Holy Grail', or am I reading too much into it?

Glebe

So Tim Miller has quit the sequel...

'Deadpool 2' Drama: Here's What Ryan Reynolds and Director Tim Miller Clashed Over (Exclusive).

...and apparently there's a Change.org petition to get Tarantino to direct.

Why Quentin Tarantino Is The Perfect Director For Deadpool 2.

Hmm, I dunno... he'd ticks the boxes for a lot of things there, but I couldn't see him doing it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Tarantino seems like he'd be loath to do a film that required loads of CGI. Also, this sort of petition is clearly twatty.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The studio is apparently already thinking about a third film: http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-eyes-another-x-men-reboot-and-third-deadpool-m-245665

After reading that, an idea struck me: They should get the blokes that made the Crank films in to direct. Their Ghost Rider sequel was no great shakes admittedly, but I feel like Deadpool - and the Hollywood gold rush to make more R-rated films after the success of the first one - would be a better fit for their particular sensibilities. This might actually be the best idea I've ever had, which is somewhat depressing.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 10, 2016, 01:17:56 AM
The studio is apparently already thinking about a third film: http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-eyes-another-x-men-reboot-and-third-deadpool-m-245665

After reading that, an idea struck me: They should get the blokes that made the Crank films in to direct. Their Ghost Rider sequel was no great shakes admittedly, but I feel like Deadpool - and the Hollywood gold rush to make more R-rated films after the success of the first one - would be a better fit for their particular sensibilities. This might actually be the best idea I've ever had, which is somewhat depressing.

Neveldine and Taylor no longer work together.

Glebe

up_the_hampipe

Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool itself have been nominated for Golden Globes. Personally I don't think any comedy film that uses a "did I leave the stove on?" joke in the first 10 minutes deserve any award considerations.

Glebe

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 12, 2016, 06:21:57 PMRyan Reynolds and Deadpool itself have been nominated for Golden Globes. Personally I don't think any comedy film that uses a "did I leave the stove on?" joke in the first 10 minutes deserve any award considerations.

Ryan Reynolds responds to 'Deadpool's' Golden Globe surprise with a tickle fight.

Quote"Deadpool" was nominated for two Golden Globes on Monday morning, for motion picture - comedy or musical, as well as for Ryan Reynolds' performance as the snarky superhero.

Well, it is actually a comedy as much as a superhero movie... whereas The Martian may have had a light tone, but comedy or musical? Get away.

Meanwhile:

'Deadpool 2': Tim Miller Speaks Out About Leaving the Sequel.

Glebe

Hugh Jackman done this thing.

Ryan Reynolds on why Deadpool worked and Green Lantern failed.

Green Lantern had potential, it had it's colourful, fun moments but was just a load of cheesy shit overall.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Glebe on December 13, 2016, 02:14:14 AMWell, it is actually a comedy as much as a superhero movie... whereas The Martian may have had a light tone, but comedy or musical? Get away.

There was that big "Stop Mars I Want to Get Off" song and dance number in the second act.

Glebe

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on December 17, 2016, 09:55:10 AMThere was that big "Stop Mars I Want to Get Off" song and dance number in the second act.

Actually, I'd love to see Deadpool do the French Mistake.

mothman

Quote from: Glebe on December 17, 2016, 06:31:19 PM
Actually, I'd love to see Deadpool do the French Mistake.

This has to happen. Tweet Reynolds, or Instagram or whatever.

hewantstolurkatad

Quote from: Serge on September 08, 2016, 04:09:22 PM
I finally got around to this myself this afternoon and quite enjoyed it. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't have a stronger reaction in either direction - I have friends who think it's the worst thing in the history of cinema, and others who think it's amazing, but for me it was....pretty good, would watch it again, and would watch a sequel. I don't think I've ever seen Ryan Reynolds in anything else, and he was very enjoyable, though barely anybody else in it had much of a personality - the English Villain was especially bad, not helped by looking like a skinhead Matthew Horne. The biggest laugh for me was Deadpool breaking both hands and one of his legs when attacking Colossus towards the end of the motorway scene - was that a deliberate nod to the Black Knight in 'Holy Grail', or am I reading too much into it?
Yeah, I dunno, i sat into it there ready to haaaaaaate it. Was basically watching it to make me feel bad about society but, it's just another superhero film isn't it? It didn't even lay on the R rated stuff as relentlessly as I expected. It's shit, like, but I was looking for something less blandly shit.

Repeatedly calling Careless Whisper a Wham song confused me, but it was released as Wham in the US.

mothman

Penfold

Quote from: mothman on March 04, 2017, 10:42:36 PM
https://youtu.be/Z5ezsReZcxU

I'm not entirely sure what this is. Deleted scene?

It's being shown before Logan in North America. It wasn't shown when I saw Logan in Accrington.

Alberon

Grim. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening in this day and age.

It's probably another effect of internet reporting but stunt men and women accidents and fatalities seem to be on the rise lately.

Bazooka

Quote from: Alberon on August 14, 2017, 11:17:05 PM
Grim. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening in this day and age.

It's probably another effect of internet reporting but stunt men and women accidents and fatalities seem to be on the rise lately.

Another fatality happened last month on The Walking Dead set.

Glebe