Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Deadpool movie leaked test footage

Started by Alski, August 06, 2014, 01:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 14, 2016, 08:25:01 PM
Nah, I refuse to believe that someone on the internet has little faith in the supposed quality of an upcoming superhero film. It just doesn't happen.

I beg your bloody pardon, what's that little dig in aid of? We all agree it's probably going to be shit, so why the fuck are you getting at me?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Phil_A on January 14, 2016, 10:34:48 PM
I beg your bloody pardon, what's that little dig in aid of? We all agree it's probably going to be shit, so why the fuck are you getting at me?
I think it looks quite good.

BritishHobo

I'm with Phil_A, you motherfuckers.

To be fair, I've not read any Deadpool, but everything I've seen of him and of this movie makes him look fucking obnoxious. The kind of smug internet teen who can't let anything pass without an irritating, insincere joke, a shite attempt at being random and quirky, or a TEDIOUS bum-gazing meta aside. I would hate to spend ten minutes in Deadpool's boring company, let alone an hour and a half. I hope he fucking dies.

Kelvin

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 15, 2016, 12:51:53 AM
I hope he fucking dies.

Probably best you don't look up what his super-power is, then.

Mary is not amused

Quote from: Kelvin on January 15, 2016, 12:56:13 AM

I don't see how having twelve nipples helps cheat death or fight crime.

Where does all the milk go?

Mary is not amused

Sorry, I got the wrong entry.  That wasn't 'Deadpool', that was Milkman.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Kelvin on January 15, 2016, 12:56:13 AM

Oh aye, that makes him worse. Basically he's Nathan from Misfits except for some reason we're not meant to think he's a cunt.

brat-sampson

Deadpool's one of those things where when people talked about it, I thought it sounded interesting and like it might be for me, but every actual example from a comic or the trailer has just seemed really... really bad. The emoji billboard*, the 'red suit/brown trousers' gag (which is such a fucking ancient joke I can't believe it was actually included), the 'write a dozen variations on the joke then just include all of them consecutively' facial descriptions... I'll probably get invited to go watch it, and will go, but will also be completely uninvolved in the referencing conversations that are sure to be happening afterwards, because I don't have the courage in real life to just stand up and declare it was shit.

EDIT: Ok, looking back the Valentines day billboard is good.

Famous Mortimer

Never mind that billboard, I'm more interested in "Kaleifornia Dreaming".

All of BritishHobo's criticisms above sound like he's describing the average episode of the Spider-Man animated series. But still, I guess the trailer has done its job and people who react that negatively to the character won't be going to see it, and therefore won't be disappointed. Personally, I'd much rather go and watch this than another Superman or Batman movie.

BritishHobo

Was his wisecracking intolerable in the animated show then, Spider-Man? Like, I'm not opposed to films that are nothing but stupidity, that never let up on the joke, I'm not expecting Deadpool to be a restrained and serious character - there's just something specific to his humour that feels like being trapped in a room with a teenager who does nothing but spout memes.

Goldentony

I can't imagine any movie studio in the world would want a trailer to shoo people away rather than include them or entice them into seeing the film. They'd surely rather have the money of annoyed hordes than people sitting on their arses anywhere other than a cinema. Like I said, everything i've seen of Deadpool is fucking irritating and it would have been brilliant to have this trailer sort of convince me otherwise, but aye as BritishHobo says it's like being bombarded with the mind of an excitable young chap at a community college graphics course in an Odd Future shirt. Can't be doing with it, unless some of the reviews come back as THIS IS REASONABLY GOOD from reasonable sources.

MoonDust

My flatmate said this looks amazing, and that I should watch the trailer.

Watched the trailer.

No, it doesn't look amazing.

Mind you, this is the same flatmate who invited me to watch a film with him and his friend, and it was Tucker and Dale vs Evil, which they were laughing at all the time. He'd seen it before too.

Christ.

Paaaaul

Tucker And Dale is a good funny film. Your flatmate sounds cool.

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 15, 2016, 07:52:52 AMtrapped in a room with a teenager who does nothing but spout memes.

Just think of all the memes from this film's "wisecracks" that are about to flood the internet.

phantom_power

They held  surprise screening and the reviews are pretty great. Obviously it is a biased audience but it is better than terrible reviews

greenman

Its only hope for me would seem to be that the trailer misrepresented its nature, if not and it was putting out the "best" wisecracks from an entire film of them then god help us.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 20, 2016, 02:01:13 AM
Just think of all the memes from this film's "wisecracks" that are about to flood the internet.
And just think of all the people who will let that affect their enjoyment of the film!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I thought the best bit in the test footage was the reveal of Deadpool's drawing - him pointing at it in slow motion as he crashes the car towards a baddie. By the looks of the trailer they seem to have removed that bit (and his habit of breaking the fourth wall[nb]Although he does refer to Green Lantern with the remark about his costume being animated[/nb]) which isn't enough to form a judgement, but doesn't necessarily augur well.

Interesting to see that Colossus is in this. What with Days of Future Past rewriting the series' continuity, I wonder if this is going to be in canon with the X-men films. I'm sure someone at Fox must want to do their own version of the Avengers universe.

Custard

It'll get 5 bags of popcorn if this happens

Big version - http://i.imgur.com/XWiID.jpg

(From Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe)

Glebe

Big Jack McBastard

I saw the trailer for this last week, barely anything changed from the leaked footage I hate Ryan Reynolds with a passion and the character appears to be OTT wacky-zaaaynee insufferable anyway so I'll be avoiding this like the plague.

buntyman

Looks awful but this would be all my dreams come true as a 12/13 year old.

Glebe

Just been reading some early reviews online... very positive word.

By the way... this is from deviantart and not official, but it's pretty great:

Glebe

DukeDeMondo

Four stars from Peter Bradshaw in The Guardian:

Quote"The meta the better. This seems to be the mission statement for this horribly violent, shriekingly self-aware and macabre Marvel super-antihero movie... The whole feel of Deadpool and the way it is written and directed is in many ways like something by action maestro Shane Black..."

But only a tiny little two stars from Tom Huddleston in Time Out:

Quote"Bloody, shallow and oh-so-smug...  the script is peppered with rape jokes... not half as smart, funny or subversive as it clearly believes itself to be."

So there you go.

Glebe

As I said, it's been getting great reviews, currently has an 83% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Empire, however, only gave it 3 stars, which is a concern, given how they tend to hand out 4 star reviews for a lot of really half-baked films. My biggest concern about it is the locker room, jock crudity that some reviews have complained about.

Blumf

It's going to be a hard split between lovers and haters isn't it? I think I'll be up for it, but can understand anyone who can't stand it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote"Bloody, shallow and oh-so-smug...  the script is peppered with rape jokes... not half as smart, funny or subversive as it clearly believes itself to be."

Everything I've seen so far indicates this is spot on.

Imagine Van Wilder or the rapey one from How I Met Your Mother but as a superhero! No! No thanks! That's fucking shit!

MoonDust

I don't understand the promo posters of the main character doing various "sexy" or "cutesy" poses.

Like these:

Don't get it.

popcorn

He's just a sarcastic saucy bastard innit.