Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tommy Boyd

Started by Lost Oliver, August 07, 2014, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Oliver

Just thought I'd bump this thread with the reappearance of Talk Radio round the corner. Among the usual suspects Iain Lee has got a slot on a weeknights and has said that he'll be taking calls live to air on Friday nights. He's also said that Limmy will be appearing at some point which is fucken awesome.

This seems to me to be the perfect place for Tommy to get back on the air. I'm just hoping that if I keep saying it and imagining it, they'll get him on. At the very least Lee will probably have Boyd on at some point as a guest or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzTPZFydbw4 Starts 21 March but only on DAB.

P.S. Sorry madhair60 but I will get my hands on that disc and send it. I'll get my arse in gear. Thank you for putting the above together, really great stuff.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: madhair60 on January 13, 2016, 11:43:45 AM
I'm still doing it.  Recently acquired a load more stuff.  If anyone has any more Boyd, please hook a brother up, full credit will be given.
Yes, many thanks madhair60, you've done a good thing.

madhair60

Hullo. Bumping despite red warning due to niche subject matter --

The Tommy Boyd Shrine is back with the old audio and a few new bits -- a handful of the Bob Staunton shows seem to be missing but I've got them and I've offered to rehost.

As for my Big Thing of Boyd I'm up to 6.65gb of audio, 815 files that I really need to get sorting through. You can access a chunk of it here but it's not up to date by any means.

Thanks to JesusAndYourBush for a huge chunk of it, and if I've forgotten you please let me know because I am so behind on this whole thing.

Lost Oliver

Tommy Boyd is back!

Apparently it's for a one-off show covering for Iain Lee but this is the best thing that's possibly ever happened. He's on on Friday, this Friday, 10 pm until 1 am on Talk Radio.

Will anybody call in?

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited.

Apologies for the bump but I almost shit myself when I found out.

thugler

Holy fuck! That'll be interesting

Camp Tramp

I used to love his contrarian nature on the old Talk Radio. I might have to listen in.

Beagle 2

Oh blimey! That's ace news.

thugler

The only problem is, he's at his best when it's not just his fans listening in. Not sure if the baffled people he used to get calling in when he was doing his contrarian stuff can ever be recreated now

Small Man Big Horse

On now, just in case anyone forgot.

Lost Oliver

I called in!

"When you're on the motorway do you ever think: 'What would happen if I put the handbrake on or opened the door?"

Never been so terrified but glad to balls I did it.

madhair60

Here's the show with ads removed, if anyone missed it.

My Boyd archive in progress is now up to almost 20gb of audio. Thinking it's all going online for the end of June. Sorry for the very long delay.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Lost Oliver on May 19, 2017, 11:13:47 PM
I called in!

"When you're on the motorway do you ever think: 'What would happen if I put the handbrake on or opened the door?"

Never been so terrified but glad to balls I did it.

Hah, that was the first call I heard as I was a bit late tuning in and did wonder if it was a verbwhore as it was along the lines of Peter's Mad Thoughts! And you came across very well, and have a lovely voice good sir!

Lost Oliver

Thanks SMBH. Thought it was a terrific show. Hopefully the first of many. And considering they'd recorded a trail I think it's unlikely to be a one off.

Alberon

Here's something I've just uploaded to Youtube with Tommy Boyd in. From 1983 it's an episode of a children's news quiz he hosted. I've only got a copy as one of the contestants is my sister.

https://youtu.be/81O5UWLZ8FM

Lost Oliver

For anyone who's interested, Boyd is on Talk Radio all this week covering for Iain Lee. Show starts at 10.00 pm.

Rev

Thanks for the heads-up - he's clearly thought about how to use this window of time, so it's an entire show about dementia rather than a whimsical fuck-around.

Dex Sawash

Chris Farley was good in this

madhair60

I've been collecting all these shows up for the Big Thing of Boyd, which I'm going to re-upload soon. The current issue is that a lot of the files are out of order, but they're all here.

Sorry, but who was it sent me the CD? I do still have that.

Lost Oliver

That'll be me. No rush in getting it back - just a massive thanks for compiling it all.

Really been enjoying TB on Talk - if you're not already following this page, I'd recommend it: https://www.facebook.com/TheTommyBoydShrine/

It did crack me up when CaB's own Louis Barfe phoned up. I like Louis but had forgotten how he can waffle on.

thugler

Holy shit, that's mad hearing Tommy back doing talk radio with the classic intro trailer as if he's never been away! Long may he continue

Tommy talking about internet trolls editing his Wikipedia page. Says he got some IP addresses and even went as far as looking on Google streetmaps at some run-down semi in Nottingham. Please tell me I'm not the only person who thought "hold on, doesn't [banned troll] live in Nottingham...?"

Quote from: Spiral King on August 20, 2014, 04:59:45 AM
Amusingly, Boyd states in one episode that he hates The Goodies, and while searching this board for Human Zoo stuff, I found [banned troll] as the second poster in a 2007 thread, raging against him.

slapasoldier

Can you actually get someone's address from their IP?

Quote from: slapasoldier on October 09, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
Can you actually get someone's address from their IP?

I dunno, maybe it used to be possible if you went to an ISP because someone was being abusive or if you had contacts there.

Lost Oliver

Thought I'd bump as an interview has appeared online that I found to be really bloody nice. I cried at the end too. Probably more to do with my current mental state than the interview but who knows. Anyway, here it is: https://www.mixcloud.com/radiomoments/1572-conversations-episode-77-tommy-boyd/

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 03, 2017, 01:04:22 AM
Chris Farley was good in this

Some cunt's done this joke already

madhair60

Also worth noting that the Tommy Boyd Shrine on Facebook have been posting more and more Best Of compilations, they're up to thirty now.

kalowski

He told a great story on Danny Baker's radio show in the early 90s about getting on a flight to Tokyo from Heathrow. A fly flew into the cabin just before take off and he was wondering what it felt like for the fly as it emerged in a totally different country/continent.

Rev+

Quote from: Lost Oliver on February 21, 2019, 12:12:01 PM
Thought I'd bump as an interview has appeared online that I found to be really bloody nice.

Thanks for that as it's a great listen, but save your tears.  It's mainly bullshit, and for the most part sustainable bullshit, but the story about how he got the job on Magpie?  C'mon.