Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 8 (Part 2)

Started by Serge, August 09, 2014, 09:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

As requested by Barry Admin, and I have to admit that even I was pretty staggered that a thread about a show that doesn't even start to air for another 2 weeks has already topped 100 pages. Only 'Doctor Who'[nb]and possibly Ricky Gervais[/nb] can do this.

Anyway - two weeks to go! I've already asked for the weekend off.

Brunette Romana 2

Oh, Serge. You are such an upstanding member of the CaB community!  I am absurdly excited for 2 weeks time, and I've got a whole festival to go to first! Me and my mini-me (eldest daughter) will be on full Dr Who geek alert!

biggytitbo

What do we do when this thread is at a 100 pages and it's only the second episode?

We can't have about 15 different threads for S8 can we? Or do we do 1 thread per episode?

biggytitbo

Here's  an elephant that's fallen down a hole

Brunette Romana 2

Yeah, whatever Biggy...

Is it me, or shouldn't the pug be Colin Baker?!!

Deanjam

I'll contribute before it descends into talk of sniffing Amy's farts.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Deanjam on August 09, 2014, 11:39:46 PM
I'll contribute before it descends into talk of sniffing Amy's farts.

Ascends to talk about literally sniffing amys farts right out of her bottom.

Replies From View

Mister Six

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on August 10, 2014, 04:25:48 AM
I just realised:

The elephant down the hole has the same hairstyle as Monkeyjesus, as well.

Thomas

The official synopsis for Deep Breath -

QuoteWhen the Doctor arrives in Victorian London, he finds a dinosaur rampant in the Thames and a spate of deadly spontaneous combustions.

Who is the new Doctor and will Clara's friendship survive as they embark on a terrifying mission into the heart of an alien conspiracy? The Doctor has changed. It's time you knew him.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/

biggytitbo

Some people are speculating that because Jenna Coleman is now on twitter, she's left the show.

Gillan, for instance, didn't join until she'd left either.

Mister Six

Huh? Is there some kind of ban on BBC stars going on Twitter or something?

It's just fans looking for patterns in things so that their lives are that much easier to cope with.

Replies From View

It's not even a pattern yet.  Actually it's not even a coincidence.

biggytitbo

Yes it's a bit of a stretch. Although she is due to leave very soon, by the usual trajectory of things.

Cleaners From Venus

This has got to be her last season. There's no way Moffatt can't see just how poor she is.

mycroft

I'm pretty sure Karen and Arthur Darvill were both on Twitter well before they left.

biggytitbo

Quote from: mycroft on August 10, 2014, 11:32:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Karen and Arthur Darvill were both on Twitter well before they left.

Think Darville was already on it. Gillan didn't join until she left. I don't ink any of the main leads of the show have been on it whilst still in the show.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cleaners From Venus on August 10, 2014, 11:31:17 AM
This has got to be her last season. There's no way Moffatt can't see just how poor she is.

Even if she was good, she'll have done the equivalent of two series by the end of this one.  I can't see her being kept longer than that.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Cleaners From Venus on August 10, 2014, 11:31:17 AM

Not everyone dislikes her though, some fans even think she's the best companion yet. I think she's perfectly fine. And a lot better than Martha. Urgh.

mycroft

I keep on forgetting Martha, she's like the Silence of companions.

Replies From View

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 10, 2014, 12:29:25 PM
Not everyone dislikes her though, some fans even think she's the best companion yet. I think she's perfectly fine. And a lot better than Martha. Urgh.

Even accepting that some or many people like her, I can't see her being kept on for longer than Rose or Amy.

HappyTree

After series 6 and 7 "Meh, I guess I'll watch it" I'm now back to actually looking forward to it. And there's Clara's death at the end. Allons-y!

Replies From View

Quote from: mycroft on August 10, 2014, 12:32:52 PM
I keep on forgetting Martha, she's like the Silence of companions.

Martha was a crappy character as written, but Freema Agyeman is obviously an infinitely better actress than Bland-Face Coleman, and in her short time as companion managed to convey far more from moment to moment just in terms of effective human responses to things.

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on August 10, 2014, 12:36:16 PM
Martha was a crappy character as written, but Freema Agyeman is obviously an infinitely better actress than bland face Coleman.

Absolutely. Donna ended up getting the personality that I was hoping Martha would get, but Agyeman did her best with what she had. I kind of like the end of her arc, with her getting the self-confidence and self-respect to quit The Doctor and get on with her life, but it's a shame it was preceded by 12 episodes of moping over some fucker she's only just met.

biggytitbo

Martha was great. She's my second favourite after Amy and whilst Freema might not be the best actress of all time she was more than good enough for the part, and a very sympathetic onscreen presence. Doesn't hurt that she's in some of the best Doctor Who episodes ever either. Much better than Rose, Donna and Clara.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on August 10, 2014, 12:41:10 PM
it's a shame it was preceded by 12 episodes of moping over some fucker she's only just met.

To be fair, that fucker did have an awesome time machine thing.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Replies From View on August 10, 2014, 12:34:36 PM
Even accepting that some or many people like her, I can't see her being kept on for longer than Rose or Amy.

I don't think she will either, but I'm a fan of her snappy, blunt, carefree style. I think it contrasts well with Amy, who was a bit sullen and angsty (albeit better overall).

It's a shame she hasn't lived up to the promise of Asylum.. and the Snowmen but I still think it's more to do with the writing.