Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:51:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 8 (Part 2)

Started by Serge, August 09, 2014, 09:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

An extended version of the BBC News interview, featuring more/longer clips and this time they lack the interviewer talking over the top:  http://youtu.be/g65E1Jp-jLg

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Replies From View on August 10, 2014, 05:35:11 PM

For anybody who's wanting to see the official leaked titles (filmed from a camera in a cinema with kids talking and clapping over it) but can no longer find a working link:  http://www.thehiveforum.co.uk/leakedtitles.mp4

For some reason that got me a lot more excited than the trailer

Fry

Jeez, I didn't even realise this is on again so soon!

What did I miss from that last thread then?

Deanjam

Quote from: Fry on August 10, 2014, 07:36:40 PM

Sniffing Amy's farts, dissing Jenna, Biggy & Replies going at it, some gifs and shit.

Basically it was 100 pages of bollocks.

Here's to 100 more!

mjwilson

Quote from: Replies From View on August 10, 2014, 05:35:11 PM
I've been wondering whether Billy Hanshaw was involved in making the series 8 title sequence or the official version was simply "based on" (as the credits in the episode 1 script phrase it) his original concept.

Visiting http://billyhanshaw.co.uk currently only leads to a showreel video and a message saying that his site will be relaunched on 23rd August, and "in the meantime I'd like to thank Steven Moffat, Brian Minchin, Nerys, Sue and all the team at BBC Wales".

So I guess he was involved in making the new sequence?  Or they paid him money for the concept?  It certainly doesn't seem that they just ripped him off, which was one of the thoughts I had.

For anybody who's wanting to see the official leaked titles (filmed from a camera in a cinema with kids talking and clapping over it) but can no longer find a working link:  http://www.thehiveforum.co.uk/leakedtitles.mp4

Wait, they really are basing the title sequence of that YouTube video that went around? I assumed that was just a hoax.

Thomas

I did some good posts, possibly.

I like to revisit old Doctor Who threads to see the caught-in-sap live opinions of series gone by. The palpable joy following The Eleventh Hour is heartwarming.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Thomas on August 10, 2014, 08:36:43 PM
I did some good posts, possibly.

I like to revisit old Doctor Who threads to see the caught-in-sap live opinions of series gone by. The palpable joy following The Eleventh Hour is heartwarming.

Except when Jemble Fred gave it 1/10 and said The Doctor was a pervert.

Replies From View

Quote from: mjwilson on August 10, 2014, 08:32:55 PM
Wait, they really are basing the title sequence of that YouTube video that went around? I assumed that was just a hoax.

The script for Deep Breath concludes with credits, and amongst these are:  "Graphics:  BBC Wales Graphics based on original idea by Billy Hanshaw".  I didn't know whether this was referring specifically to the title sequence, but it made sense considering that's what his youtube efforts show.

Exactly how the titles would be based on Hanshaw's idea wasn't confirmed until the leaked version of them appeared.  You can see for yourself that it's not a hoax, not least due to the update on Hanshaw's site, but also because there's no way that the leaked titles are a fake.  Personally I think they've taken the best ideas (
Spoiler alert
cogs and an infinite clock face tunnel
[close]
) and made a genuinely great, abstract sequence with them.  Hanshaw's own version was far too literal with its depiction of
Spoiler alert
the fob watch to explain the cogs
[close]
etc.

BritishHobo

You should read it, there's some incredibly fresh and concise and original thoughts on series 6 from yours truly.

Deanjam

This is a picture of the actors who dub Doctor Who in Korea.

This is a picture of a smug twat.

Mister Six

Goodness, his hands are tiny. He looks like he was in a teleportation accident with Humpty Dumpty.

Mister Six

Quote from: Thomas on August 10, 2014, 08:36:43 PMI like to revisit old Doctor Who threads to see the caught-in-sap live opinions of series gone by. The palpable joy following The Eleventh Hour is heartwarming.

For anyone wanting to read those reviews, here's the link.

Thomas

Good work, Mister Six. And to think the catalyst(s) behind the plot of The Eleventh Hour would unfold onscreen three years later, giving birth to Capaldi's incarnation of the Doctor.

There's no denying it, really. I'm a Moffat fanboy.

Mister Six

Teens react to Doctor Who.

I have nightmares about the blonde one being all hyped up and then watching Curse of the Black Spot or some nonsense. Hope the people who shot this pointed her in the direction of Blink.

mycroft

The Roofdog

Quote from: Mister Six on August 11, 2014, 12:33:06 AM
For anyone wanting to read those reviews, here's the link.

Ha, loving the conjecture about the date on Rory's pass and the MYTH laptop.

Whatever happened to Edley & Tokyo Sexwhale?

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on August 11, 2014, 06:07:49 AM
Teens react to Doctor Who.

I was with them right up until one of them said "fish sticks and custard" (the very end).  NO YOU ARE WRONG THEY ARE NOT CALLED THAT.

mycroft

Replies From View

"Custard" isn't even a verb.  Daft Americans.

Mister Six

Does anyone know of any English-language websites where non-UK Doctor Who fans (especially those from non-Western countries) wax lyrical about the show? When Capaldi asked the South Korean audience why they liked Doctor Who, I was hoping for some interesting insights - however, all we got was that one girl who said nothing of note.

I'd be interested to hear a Korean's take on why they like the show, especially within the context of other Western and Asian media that they enjoy.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on August 11, 2014, 03:24:48 PM
When Capaldi asked the South Korean audience why they liked Doctor Who, I was hoping for some interesting insights - however, all we got was that one girl who said nothing of note.

It wasn't without note - it was in Korean you RACIST.

Mister Six

Actually she was speaking English you DOUBLE RACIST.

Replies From View

Well you are SEXIST because of her being a girl.

Deanjam

Yeah, leave the sexy Asian girls alone you fuckers.[nb]Was she sexy?[/nb]

Mister Six

I don't see how her being a girl makes me the sexiest, but I'll happily go with that.

Replies From View

biggytitbo

An uncanny resemblance http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-08-11/meet-the-star-of-the-tom-baker-biopic

QuoteWe speak exclusively to the actor who will play the fourth Doctor in The Letter, a film project that has already got the Who community talking...

Replies From View

Great how one of the videos goes straight from showcasing their latex face make-up skills to an image labelled "Christenings" and a baby getting water poured on its head.  I assumed at first that they do latex face make-up for babies.