Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rogue Legacy Explorer's Club

Started by CaptainSchpunklewiff, August 11, 2014, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainSchpunklewiff

Absolutely in love with this game. I love the "rogue-like" aesthetic to it and the way it tells its story: almost a 2D Dark Souls, one might say. I thought I'd set this thread up so people can log their progress on the game and report any interesting little things found in the various nooks and crannys as well their best runs in a game. I love the Spelunky Explorer thread, so felt inclined to make one on a game I like even more. So far, my character (Lady Victoria II at the time of writing) is level 31, a Barbarian King (despite being a woman) and I have made it past the first boss Khidr, who is a hard bastard and I've found 10 of the diaries left by my ancestor. Nothing too interesting, but it's a start, I want to see people's best runs on this game so far and other interesting things.

P.S. I didn't know being "gay" was a genetic ailment until buying this game.

Jerzy Bondov

Loving this too. I think you're meant to do the forest after the castle, then the underworld and finally the tower. Just going by the  difficulty of the monsters. I'm trying to concentrate on getting to the forest at the moment and seeing what the boss is like. I need a better sword though.

Being small is very useful, there are usually loads of little pathways you can get into, at least in the castle. Sometimes there will be an invisible chest there

CaptainSchpunklewiff

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on August 11, 2014, 08:56:36 PM
Loving this too. I think you're meant to do the forest after the castle, then the underworld and finally the tower. Just going by the  difficulty of the monsters. I'm trying to concentrate on getting to the forest at the moment and seeing what the boss is like. I need a better sword though.

Being small is very useful, there are usually loads of little pathways you can get into, at least in the castle. Sometimes there will be an invisible chest there

I found that having a character with gigantism helped with the first boss, due to the fact that you don't have to do jump attacks, you can just stand there and hit the bastard.

I've also found that you can find the various areas through travelling in certain directions. For example, travelling right tends to get you to the forest and going downward leads you to the hell section. Going up leads you to the haunted areas.

Don't think you'd be able to play Rogue Legacy competitively like we were doing in the Spelunky Explorer's club thread due to the progression systems of being able to upgrade...adding in many variables and not making it an even playing field. That and the fact there's not a daily challenge mode with one seeded shared castle for that day for you both to use.

Regardless, Rogue Legacy was fun but I never fell in love bexause despite how much I liked the concept, I didn't like how it played. Never much of a Castlevania fan. Binding of Isaac, Spelunky and Crypt of the Necrodancer are my games.