Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:57:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Deanjam, August 11, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Starting a new thread as requested.

Here's the last post from the old one

Quote from: Unoriginal on August 11, 2014, 04:20:06 PM
G1 Climax spoilers:

Spoiler alert
I can't believe Jeff Jarrett and D'Amore joined Bullet Club. A shark jumping moment if there ever was one. On the positive side, the wrestling was amazing throughout and Kazuchika Okada may be favourite wrestler now. What a man.
[close]

up_the_hampipe

We can't continue without dwelling on that bizarre Noelle Foley t-shirt.

Deanjam

Is she in training to be a wrestler? Maybe they're getting in early.

Pijlstaart

Brooke Hogan is famous, so all wrestler's daughters should be famous, presumably. It is a well-paid profession at the top, famed for nepotistic Wrestling Families, so this is just the logical extension, the american dream, that one has the right to live off the coattails of a parent. Besides, if no-one buys the shirts then they can be shipped out to third-world countries, meaning free publicity.

rjd2

Quote from: Pijlstaart on August 11, 2014, 04:50:30 PM
Brooke Hogan is famous, so all wrestler's daughters should be famous, presumably. It is a well-paid profession at the top, famed for nepotistic Wrestling Families, so this is just the logical extension, the american dream, that one has the right to live off the coattails of a parent. Besides, if no-one buys the shirts then they can be shipped out to third-world countries, meaning free publicity.

How does wearing that Foley daughter t shirt help starving Africans?

up_the_hampipe

I bet we'll see Lawler wearing that shirt on Raw tonight.

rjd2

weekender

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 11, 2014, 06:12:20 PM
I bet we'll see Lawler wearing that shirt on Raw tonight.

Lawler: "Oh, this shirt?  Well, I saw this T-Shirt on sale for $9.99 and I thought '$9.99! That's just how much the WWE Network costs a month - A MONTH!'  Whilst I was considering how much value I could get from WWE Network at $9.99 a month, the woman told me to get out of her shop because I was rambling about prices, trying to mention them at inappropriate moments.  So in the end I bought the WWE Network deal - FOR JUST $9.99 - and I got a free T-Shirt!  WWE Network not only gets you great value entertainment every month, if you act crazy some people give you a T-shirt!  Besides, for just $9.99 a month you get Summerslam, The Royal Rumble *and* Wrestlemania and it's only $9.99 a month!'"

JBL "Sounds great, Jerry, how much is it for this WWE Network?"

*JBL Beams to camera*

George Oscar Bluth II

Interesting piece on wrestling's historic (and current) shitty treatment and exploitation of it's workers:  https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/money-in-the-bank/

Obviously I know Vince is an absolute bastard, but it's always good to be reminded.

Ja'moke

NWO reunion on Raw tonight guys for Hogan's birthday!

*rolls eyes*

mycroft

Torn quads ahoy!

EDIT - actually, it's going to end in another humiliation for Sandow or something, isn't it?

up_the_hampipe

Brock intimidating Piper with a little shoulder shove was wonderful. And the cheesy "Party's over, Grandpa!" was hilarious.

Spiteface

WWE announces signing of Kevin Steen

Anyone else find it odd that they have no problem with mentioning other promotions on the website now? I know it's only PWG and ROH, but that wouldn't have happened even only a few years ago.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 11, 2014, 08:56:38 PM
NWO reunion on Raw tonight guys for Hogan's birthday!

*rolls eyes*

Aw, it was at least nice to see Scott Hall looking much healthier these days.

Quote from: Spiteface on August 12, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

Anyone else find it odd that they have no problem with mentioning other promotions on the website now? I know it's only PWG and ROH, but that wouldn't have happened even only a few years ago.

True, though WWE much acknowledge the fact that they pretty much don't have competition and so have no need to ignore them. Perhaps this is more a Tribbleaitch approach rather than Vince's method of pretending that other companies didn't exist.

Deanjam

They had a thing on the WWE site a few years back that gave news and results from around the world, including TNA, so it's not the first time. As Subtle says, they have no competition - sadly - so probably don't give a shit anymore.

up_the_hampipe

Am I misremembering or did Cena make fun of Lesnar's diverticulitis last night? Not very Cena-like to mock a life-threatening disease.

BeardFaceMan

Well since WWE now have the development center and they have their own breeding ground for new talent they no longer need to go and raid the indies so much. So the indies truly mean nothing to Vince right now. They have nothing to offer him and they will never be serious competition. I think the mentioning of those other companies is still strictly an internet thing though, you won't hear mentions on any of the TV shows. I guess to Vince indy fan = smark.

EDIT - and it also seems that it's Steen doing the mentioning, not the WWE. That juts looks like Steen giving PWG a little plug on his way out.

Deanjam

The history of wrestling in one picture.

http://www.roundheadillustration.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Wrestling-Mishmash-MARCH.jpg

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to recognize everyone on it.

Deanjam

And a song about botching super-lucha Sin Cara, which is a bit late but I've only just heard it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARDGkqf8wSo

Onken

Brie looked like Jet from Gladiators in that top.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on August 13, 2014, 04:58:54 PM
The history of wrestling in one picture.

http://www.roundheadillustration.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Wrestling-Mishmash-MARCH.jpg

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to recognize everyone on it.

Ahh, I remember that pic. I love Abdullah The Butcher nonchalantly blading someone on DX's tank.

Spiteface

Quote from: Deanjam on August 12, 2014, 04:04:47 PM
They had a thing on the WWE site a few years back that gave news and results from around the world, including TNA, so it's not the first time. As Subtle says, they have no competition - sadly - so probably don't give a shit anymore.
Ah yes, the "Industry News" section, at a time when WWE wanted their site to be the ONLY place people visited for wrestling content. Hilarious.

Quote from: Onken on August 13, 2014, 06:06:41 PM

Brie looked like Jet from Gladiators in that top.

A wrestling forum I post on seemingly has a majority of posters on there that swear Nikki's the hotter Bella. I think it's Brie, and the fake tits are influencing the others. Looking a bit like Jet doesn't hurt.

I still laugh that legally, she's "Brianna Danielson"

Obel

Quote from: Spiteface on August 13, 2014, 06:49:05 PM
Ah yes, the "Industry News" section, at a time when WWE wanted their site to be the ONLY place people visited for wrestling content. Hilarious.

A wrestling forum I post on seemingly has a majority of posters on there that swear Nikki's the hotter Bella. I think it's Brie, and the fake tits are influencing the others. Looking a bit like Jet doesn't hurt.

I still laugh that legally, she's "Brianna Danielson"

It's not /wooo/ is it?

Full of man children that haven't touched a woman, it's clear that Brie is the superior Bella. They may be small compared to the plastic women of the WWE but they're by no means small tits.

Subtle Mocking

Official FAN perhaps? They creep over Divas a fair bit.

Spiteface

That's the one.

Really, I suppose it's not much different from other forums with their passionate fans of certain things, but whenever someone like AJ wrestles, always a huge number of creepy screencaps & gifs.

Ja'moke

I used to think Brie was the superior Bella but I've swayed to team Nikki. Brie has gotten too skinny for my liking, Nikki has some junk her trunk, people still say that right? Litter in her shitter.

Neither are Lana though so who really cares.

Deanjam

Hustle in her bustle.[nb]As the Victorians used to say.[/nb]

up_the_hampipe

Yeah I don't care about Nikki's gargantuan globes, she's just got a body more to my taste. She'll be thrilled to know she meets my approval, I'm sure.

Deanjam

BeardFaceMan

I don't really get the Lana love, her hair style is atrocious, doesn't suit her face shape at all, she looks a bit odd and shouldn't wear her hair up like that. Then I saw that clip of her getting coke snorted off her naked breasts and she has her hair down, she looks so much better.