Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Deanjam, August 11, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Many Times

Bray Wyatt calls in on the latest Talk Is Jericho and though it's nowhere near enough to salvage their feud it's the most interesting thing that's occurred during it. Wyatt is relatively restrained too and sounding a much more credible threat than when he's wittering on bombastically. Plus they actually make an attempt to clarify what the feud is about: turns out, not much, however at least it's clearly stated for once. Really it's what that interview segment on Raw should have been rather than Bray cutting a long, mannered promo that made very little sense while Jericho sat there staring at him, politely waiting to speak.  Going by WWE programming wrestlers, despite their tendency towards gratuitous violence, have surprisingly perfect manners when it comes to letting people finish their long-winded points.

weekender

Loved the NXT Main Event this week, as I do most weeks.

Going to see if I can now cram Smackdown into less than 5 minutes. 

weekender

Hmm, not sure this will be possible, it looks like Reigns has proper punched The Miz.  Need to look at this again, repeatedly, even though I like them both.

Wow, that slow motion replay.

weekender

Actually, Smackdown is looking like a lot of fun.

I suppose it would, what with the WWE Network only costing $9.99 a month.

Deanjam

Love that 80s Summerslam music intro.

up_the_hampipe

New logo has officially been released looking smoother than a moisturised ballsack. Here's pictures of Vince at HQ unveiling it with a has-to-be-taking-the-piss $9.99 flag alongside.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-unveils-new-logo-photos

Deanjam

mycroft

up_the_hampipe

So he nominated that Maria lass then. Oh Vince, you old perv.

Subtle Mocking

Vince Russo is streaming with a bunch of guys playing games: http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc

Ja'moke

Summerfest predictions?

Lesnar has to win the title here surely? Hope it's as good as their Extreme Rules match.

Stephanie to beat Brie with the help of Nikki Bella.

Reigns to beat Orton to continue his push.

Rollins to beat Ambrose, probably due to shenanigans involving lumberjacks.

AJ to beat Paige.

Swagger to beat Rusev by capturing flag.

The Miz to retain IC title against Ziggler.

Wyatt to beat Jericho, maybe a new Wyatt Family member debuts.

Subtle Mocking

Russo is such a great guy, good lord.

Spiteface

Lesnar pretty much has to DESTROY Cena doesn't he? I know this is WWE, but y'know, Lesnar did end the streak. Would be nice to capitalise on that and have a champion that people don't really know if anyone could stop him. Cena will probably get the belt back next month though.

Largely agree with Ja'moke's predictions.

Deanjam

I'm going bold!

Cena v Lesnar. Such a no win match. Cena as champ, or a guy who wrestles once every 3 months. I have such hate for both outcomes that I'll make a stupidly bold prediction that Seth Rollins will walk out of Summerfest as champ.

Stephanie v Brie Couldn't give a fuck. The unnecessary addition of the Bryan-cheated-on-Bella story has soured me on this. Wouldn't a Nikki heel turn bugger up Total Divas? Anyway, the McMahon wins. Again.

Reigns v Orton Has to be Reigns. This could've done with being a gimmick match. Could be a bit of a snore.

Rollins v Ambrose Given my bold prediction above, I'm going for an Ambrose win to set him up as a false contender to our new WWE champion. Oh Brave New World!

AJ v Paige AJ win probably win, but Paige should.

Swagger v Rusev Victory for the racist Bulgarian Russian over the racist Yank. Rusev moves onto a career killing feud vs super-patriot Cena.

Miz v Ziggler Ziggler wins! Ziggler wins! Ziggler wins!

Wyatt v Jericho Wyatt HAS to win here. Moves into IC title feud with Ziggler.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Spiteface on August 16, 2014, 04:48:08 PM
Vince accepts HHH's challenge

Donald Trump, Maria Menunos and Kermit the Frog.

"1, 2, ... I hope there not much shrinkage!"

Ha ha ha ha ha. He a funny guy is Vince.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on August 16, 2014, 08:18:02 PM
Cena v Lesnar. Such a no win match. Cena as champ, or a guy who wrestles once every 3 months. I have such hate for both outcomes that I'll make a stupidly bold prediction that Seth Rollins will walk out of Summerfest as champ.

Brock Lesnar winning is a good outcome because he's Brock Lesnar, surely. He might not be there all the time (he'll definitely be there more than usual with the title) but that makes it more special. I believe Heyman explained it much better recently.

Deanjam

Depends how often he'll appear. I don't mind a champion who only wrestles on special occasions (PPV's, the odd TV show), but he has to be around to promote the title matches.

Onken

News Source not showing Summerslam. Fuck Off.

Unoriginal

http://watchwrestlinger14.blogspot.co.uk/p/livestream-3_1.html

If anyone needs a stream :)

Spoiler alert
It's been a really strong show so far helped by an enthusiastic crowd. The lumberjack match was a lot more fun than I expected and the Rusev - Swagger match was superb too. Good to see the title changes and Paige really getting into her new heel character. Like most of us I expect a lot from the main event so really looking forward to it.
[close]

gmoney

Spoiler alert
I let out a roar of "YEEEEES" after that, so I must've been more emotionally invested than I first thought. Lesnar I is such a terrifying beast. I love him.
[close]

Unoriginal

Spoiler alert
Perfect booking. Nothing else to add to that.
[close]

Ja'moke

Really solid PPV with an amazing main event. Perfect really.

spanky

They don't really know what a flag match is, do they?

My favourite part was how Stephanie wasn't booked as a non-wrestler just trying not to get beaten up by Brie Bella, she's so much better than her it's unreal.

up_the_hampipe

That main event has put a skip in my step today. I haven't been this excited about WWE in quite a while.

Ja'moke

Yes, Stephanie completely showed up Brie, and I'm actually glad she won.

Also, best lumberjack match ever? Very fun, although I was disappointed we didn't get a crazy dive off that balcony on to all the lumberjacks.

up_the_hampipe

Highlight of the night was Brock's Undertaker homage:

Ja'moke

That was ace!

Paige vs AJ was very good too, but wish it was longer. That cradle DDT looks sick!