Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New Wrasslin' Pay Windah

Started by Deanjam, August 11, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Wasn't gonna bother with this, but you swines have made me want to. Finally found it online. Hope it's as good as y'all say.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on August 18, 2014, 04:28:12 PM
Wasn't gonna bother with this, but you swines have made me want to. Finally found it online. Hope it's as good as y'all say.

If you don't love the main event, I will put you in the Black Widow.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 18, 2014, 05:06:11 PM
If you don't love the main event, I will put you in the Black Widow.

You were right. Thought it was a very good show, no dud matches and a great crowd. Match by match:

Miz v Ziggler A decent opener with a positive outcome.
AJ v Paige Short, solid match with the closest we'll get to girl on girl action in PG WWE. Glad about the result.
Rusev v Swagger Still hate this feud but it was a decent match. Some strange psychology with the heel battling against an injury. Love Lana's pronunciation of 'You-eh-say'.
Seth v Ambrose Loved this. Only complaint was that it was too short, but it's easily the best Lumberjack match I've seen.
Bray v Jericho Good match, right outcome.
Stephanie v Brie amazingly enjoyable considering who was involved. Perfectly set out match. Steph looked like an Amazon next to Brie.
Reigns v Orton Pleasant surprise. Good solid match.
Cena v Brock Jesus, I almost felt sorry for Cena. Credit to the lad for his performance here - he even cranked in the STF properly - and once again the match was perfectly laid out. Lesnar looks like an unstoppable machine.

Ja'moke

So who the hell beats Lesnar now?

He just destroyed the face of the company, the 15 time world champ. Seriously. Who does he drop the belt to?

Authority gang beating followed by a cheap cash in from Seth?

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 18, 2014, 08:35:10 PM
So who the hell beats Lesnar now?

He just destroyed the face of the company, the 15 time world champ. Seriously. Who does he drop the belt to?

I dread to think that it might be Reigns. That'd be rubbish.

They'll have to make this into an angle about Cena being past it, otherwise the entire roster looks like a bunch of children by comparison.

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on August 18, 2014, 08:37:36 PM
Authority gang beating followed by a cheap cash in from Seth?

Dunno if I want face Lesnar at this point. Plus, isn't Lesnar pretty much the Authority's hired gun now?

Ja'moke

I don't mind it being Reigns, but right now it's too early...if they plan on keeping the belt on Lesnar until WM31 (which I highly doubt) and then have Reigns go over, I'm good with that.

Spiteface

He gets beaten down by the entire Raw locker room, then Seth Rollins cashes in?

Rollins cash in, then a "Fingerpoke of Doom" scenario?

In all honesty, let him have the belt for a while, then book Lesnar vs Bryan when Bryan's ready to come back.

My only concern with that, is that should Bryan be German Suplexed all over the place like that on a neck injury. But I do think there's potential in Daniel Bryan as a "Giant Killer"

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 18, 2014, 08:40:26 PM
I don't mind it being Reigns, but right now it's too early...if they plan on keeping the belt on Lesnar until WM31 (which I highly doubt) and then have Reigns go over, I'm good with that.

Yeah, I was thinking that originally. Reigns is probably favourite to win this year's Rumble now. The only alternative is Bryan's big comeback next year, but it'd have to be some sort of gimmick match for Bryan to realistically beat Lesnar.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Spiteface on August 18, 2014, 08:41:16 PM
He gets beaten down by the entire Raw locker room, then Seth Rollins cashes in?

If they did turn Lesnar face, they could do something similar to 2003 when Triple H put a bounty on Goldberg for a ton of money, so that everyone on the roster went after him in an attempt to get it.

weekender

Quote from: Spiteface on August 18, 2014, 08:41:16 PMIn all honesty, let him have the belt for a while, then book Lesnar vs Bryan when Bryan's ready to come back.

This, sort of.

Lesnar has to keep the belt for now, and at least until Mania.

WWE has been crying out for a dominant champion who isn't Cena, and they've got one - with Heyman as well!

I'd keep Bryan out of the way for now, let him heal etc.  Then bring him back as a surprise entrant for the Rumble, which he wins.

Then somehow contrive something involving Bryan and Lesnar at Mania.

rjd2

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 18, 2014, 08:40:26 PM

I actually think that is very likely. I'd assume we will get a rematch at the next PPV, then opponents? I'd have booked Ambrose to win MITB last night in a few months time he and Brock could have put on a decent match. Obviously Ambrose would lose, but it wouldn't harm him a bit. Not sure how they deal with Rollins MITB if they want to go with putting Reigns over brock at Mania?

Sheamus and Cesaro could have been a fun matches at some of the B ppvs, but both of them are booked like dorks at the moment.

Bryan and Lesnar would put on a cracker, but you'd fear  for Bryans neck with Lesnar's love for suplexes and wrassling style.

Perhaps if they want Lesner v Bryan, when Bryan comes b ack they should emphasis his man of a 1000 submissions thing instead of the flying goat Bryan. It would be more realsitic for Bryan to get Lesner to tap out rather than out muscle him.

Subtle Mocking

Alternatively, Lesnar could do a career vs. career rematch with Undertaker at WM31, and the build could be similar to that of WM26, with Taker screwing Lesnar out of the title before WM after initially having been denied a rematch. The title match could be Bryan vs. Cena or something like that.

Will we get the new belt tonight on Raw, seems the best time to do it?

up_the_hampipe

That's what's been reported. Also, he was collared by TMZ after Summerslam last night and he said he's not going to be carrying round two belts.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on August 18, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Will we get the new belt tonight on Raw, seems the best time to do it?

Yep, new logo debuts tonight too. Farewell, big gold belt. :(

Spiteface

RIP Big Gold Belt.

I guess it shows WWE's mindset, that the belt that they get rid of is the one that actually looks like a Wrestling championship.

Ok, how about Paul Heyman runs into storyline money problems and sells the belt to the highest bidder. Which should be a consortium of a return Batistia, Randy Orton, HHH and Seth Rollins, and they defend the belt freebird style. Until  Brock Demands a title match, but the authority turn it into a gauntlet match with the person who gets the pin declared the winner. HHH is last and wins the belt, he wins all the belts.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Spiteface on August 18, 2014, 09:41:35 PM
RIP Big Gold Belt.

I guess it shows WWE's mindset, that the belt that they get rid of is the one that actually looks like a Wrestling championship.

Well the current design for the WWE title only debuted last year so it makes sense that they'd want to keep hold of that one for now.

Maybe they could turn the big gold into a legends title and the old timers can fight over it.

BeardFaceMan

Wow, I cant believe I saw what was basically a squash match for the title in the main event of the 2nd biggest pay per view of the year. I'll give them credit, that was a ballsy move and it paid off brilliantly. Genuinely interested to see where they go from here with Lesnar and Cena, Cena has to disappear for a while and come back different, he can't keep doing the same shit now. If he comes back and is all humble and was beaten by the better man and he respects Brock and all his usual schtick it will be crap and meaningless. He really needs to turn heel and he would be so good at it but he sells too much merch for that.

And I kinda feel sorry for Reigns, he's still stuck with the Shield gimmick even though the Shield no longer exist. Rollins and Ambrose both have new ring gear and enterance themes while Reigns is still using the same music, same catchphrases, wearing the same gear and coming through the crowd. Both Rollins and Ambrose have new gimmicks and attitudes and reasons for what they are doing while Reigns' gimmick just seems to be that he is a big bloke. He needs something new or he's gonna suffer, which would be a shame as he has potential. Not main event material just quite yet but he could get there.

Ja'moke

Quote from: rjd2 on August 18, 2014, 09:26:39 PM
I actually think that is very likely. I'd assume we will get a rematch at the next PPV, then opponents? I'd have booked Ambrose to win MITB last night in a few months time he and Brock could have put on a decent match. Obviously Ambrose would lose, but it wouldn't harm him a bit. Not sure how they deal with Rollins MITB if they want to go with putting Reigns over brock at Mania?

Sheamus and Cesaro could have been a fun matches at some of the B ppvs, but both of them are booked like dorks at the moment.

Bryan and Lesnar would put on a cracker, but you'd fear  for Bryans neck with Lesnar's love for suplexes and wrassling style.

But is Lesnar going to be at every PPV from now until WM?

Moribunderast

Quote from: Spiteface on August 18, 2014, 04:51:28 PM
Meanwhile, in Mexico...

Alberto "El Patron" comes out, uses his WWE theme music, calls WWE racists. All in violation of the usual 90-day No-compete

The WWE contract and the no-compete can't be legal. They say he breached his contract and are thus not paying him out while his non-compete exists. You can't say an employee breached their contract, then not hold up your end, then STILL hold them to their end. They'd be laughed out of court and you KNOW they don't want their ridiculous "independent contractor" contracts being reviewed in court.

rjd2

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 18, 2014, 11:50:59 PM
But is Lesnar going to be at every PPV from now until WM?

Nobody knows. Networks failings and their cut backs are public knowledge, supposedly only meant to be only  doing a few PPVS before Mania.

So they are going to have to pay him loads of money to do all, or hope they can get by without him.

Actually totally forgot about Batista returning,can't imagine it would be much of a match, but its one with GOTG doing so well, may do decent biz.

hummingofevil

Really? Is this comedy gold or utter rot? I'm leaning towards the latter but the former is tempting me.

hummingofevil

If nothing else they doing a damn fine job of keeping Bryan relevant in his absence. They really must rate him.

rjd2

Its gone rubbish now, nobody really gives a fuck about nice Bella.

Deanjam

That made me proper laugh. 'What? It's for charity.'