Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,174
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2014 Final: ziggy starbucks vs AsparagusTrevor

Started by ziggy starbucks, August 11, 2014, 10:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

WesterlyWinds

Frazer

Passive-Aggressive Susan

SOMEONE WITH THE WACKY INTERNET ALIAS 'ASPARAGUSTREVOR' HAS WON WIMBLEWRONG!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Johnny Yesno

Congratulations AT. I reckon you played the shot of the tournament as well with this:

AsparagusTrevor

Really chuffed to have won, it's a good feeling to have all the effort pay off and see that people have appreciated and taken enjoyment from what I've produced, no matter how sordid, dubious and bad taste a lot of it was.

Thanks to Ziggy for a very enjoyable final and everyone else who played and voted, it's been a great year for wrongery.

Passive-Aggressive Susan

Being involved with this contest has been truly inspirational, so here is my tribute to the winner

DocDaneeka

Congratulations Trevor! A lovely Wimblewrong this year, cheers to Susan for running it all.

Big Jack McBastard

A grand show lads! Props to arr lovely Sue.

Sorry again for bottling out folks, I shall bare a mark shame until next year.

wasp_f15ting

ziggy starbucks

No doubting that Trevor deserved to win the whole shebang. His shots throughout the entire tournament have been inventive, colourful, funny and perfectly executed.

Congratulations Asparagus

AsparagusTrevor

Thanks everyone.

I've gotta say, a year ago if somebody said I'd be creating video game sprites of Jimmy Savile and Max Clifford, or drawing sketches of Piers Morgan and Rebecca Brooks onto Thudercats, I'd have said, "actually, yeah, that sounds like the kind of stupid shit I'd do"

Small Man Big Horse

Bugger, I missed the vote, but I'm kind of grateful as it would have been so hard to choose, it's a stunning finale, one of the best I can remember. And it's been a really strong year in general too, with Waspy's efforts still haunting my dreams to this day.

Cerys

ziggy starbucks

kittens

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 22, 2014, 11:13:23 PM
Congratulations AT. I reckon you played the shot of the tournament as well with this:

have to echo this. shot of the tournament and make no mistake buddy boy

NoSleep

There's even a screensaver that does that with a bunch of photos in the right folder. Each image is analysed for colour and shade content, so that it can act as a "pixel" when clustered with other photos similarly picked to constitute the whole. There's even shapes within the single photos that have been analysed to create the shape in the complete image.

Short answer: a computer.

ziggy starbucks

ah, I didn't know about that. Might have to play around with it myself

NoSleep

Cerys

Why?  Why would you tell us that?  Why would you take away the magic?!

NoSleep

Have you not seen that screensaver where you are continuously zooming in on a photo, until you can see it's made up of loads of other photos, until one of those photos fills the screen, etc? Now, that's magic.

Mr_Simnock

This has been a good year, particularly this one

I hope it continues for a good many more years. Well done AT

AsparagusTrevor

Here's my original Savile sprite before I had to shrink it down, which caused loss of detail.
Something to help you all sleep tonight.

Johnny Yesno

Excellent! I think it survived the shrinkage pretty well, though.