Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:04:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Flash movies to video to put on DVD

Started by The Man With Brass Eyes, February 12, 2004, 06:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi I'm a relatively new poster here - I haven't reached the heady heights of some of you 100 posters, but anyway...

Flash movies from the web which run in flash player:  Is there anyway they can be saved-off as an AVI/MPG file to put on a DVD disk?  Including sound.  (I don't mean simply saving a Flash movie off in Flash as an .AVI here).

It would be so nice to play the likes of Tim Burton's Stain Boy animations on a conventional DVD player.

Any ideas?

thanks.

king mob

Stop pretending that you're new, we know where you live.

Frinky

I too would really, really love to know. Especially if it'll work on a Mac.

El Unicornio, mang

All you need is a program called Magic swf2avi converter, which is available free (trial version) if you do a google search

Rats

You can't play avi's on a dvd player though can you?

king mob

Quote from: "Rats"You can't play avi's on a dvd player though can you?

I dont think so but i can play it through my DVD player when its linked to my PC.

MojoJojo

But making DVDs from avis is a fairly standard procedure, probably involving virtual dub.

Rats

Yeah but compressing something twice is always a no no. You want swf to mpeg if there is such a thing.

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Quote from: "MojoJojo"

But making DVDs from avis is a fairly standard procedure, probably involving virtual dub.

Yeah, and remember, you can burn with Nero afterwards, if you want to.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "MojoJojo"

Yes, there's plenty of avi to mpeg programs out there. TMPENGC is my personal fave.
those who want swf to mpg conversion really are wanting their cake and wanting to eat it. The cheek.

Quote from: "The Unicorn"All you need is a program called Magic swf2avi converter, which is available free (trial version) if you do a google search

That's great!  Thanks for that.

I've planned a highly long winded way at the moment:

(i) capture the flash animation using the trial version of "Camtasia Screen Recorder" which doesn't want to capture any sound -
so (2) capture the sound via SoundForge
then  (C) sync the sound and crop the video in Premier
and then (four) hopefully author video file to a DVD*.  I'd quite like to put the video on a DVD and create a fancy (or simple but nice) menu front -end.  Any tips?*.

*is there any free DVD authoring software out there?
what do people recommend, free or otherwise?

Quote from: "The Unicorn"there's plenty of avi to mpeg programs out there. TMPENGC is my personal fave.

What is the best video format for DVD authoring (I use "authoring" in it's losest sense here)?
Does it specifically need to be MPEG video?  and if so which version?
Can you just burn the video files straight to DVD disc or do they need to be converted to a special DVD format?

sorry to junk the place up with questi?ns.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"
Quote from: "The Unicorn"there's plenty of avi to mpeg programs out there. TMPENGC is my personal fave.

What is the best video format for DVD authoring (I use "authoring" in it's losest sense here)?
Does it specifically need to be MPEG video?  and if so which version?
Can you just burn the video files straight to DVD disc or do they need to be converted to a special DVD format?

sorry to junk the place up with questi?ns.

to capture the swf, use 'GetFlash', which is also free.

To play on a dvd player, you have several choices. You can use TMPGENC (sorry, spelt it wrong before) to convert to VCD and then burn them straight to disc with a program like Nero (though they will only work if you have a VCD compatible DVD player)
Or....you can convert them to whatever format you want with TMPGENC and then use DVD Author (also from TMPGENC) to convert the movies to dvd VOB files, complete with snazzy menu's and the like, and then burn them to disc.

Quote from: "The Unicorn"all that stuff... complete with snazzy menu's and the like, and then burn them to disc.

Wow thanks!! that's great.  cheers for the advice.

I think I might've just stepped into the World of DVD authoring!