Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where I live (just some non-mong photos)

Started by gazzyk1ns, August 30, 2004, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

I was thinking about putting these in the "photography" thread but... well, firstly they're not really "photography", if you know what I mean... and secondly they're quite large and so might have clogged the thread and annoyed people. Also, if people want to post piccies of where they live, then that would be good...

Anyway, me and a mate with a decent digital camera went for a walk this afternoon and I took some piccies with it, where I live is quite pretty really. I live in Hadleigh, in Suffolk. It's all in a valley, so we went for a bit of a walk up the hills just outside it. I stood up on an old concrete pillbox and pointed the camera back at where we'd come from. It's quite a panoramic view, so here's two photos, you can see the tree there in the middle to judge how much I moved the camera:

Here's one of a massive dark cloud casting a shadow over the town centre:

This is the pillbox we were on, if we were still there we'd be facing to the left, you can see a little of the town:

Then we walked back into town to have a beer and watch a little bit of cricket, if you look at the first pic I posted, this would be just off the left of the picture (and obscured from where we were standing).

The pink building in the middle, in the distance, is our local, the White Hart:

So where do you live?

Cheers to Weekender for the webspace usage.

iain

meeeeeeeeooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOoo00000000000oooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWwwwww

a free plate for anyone who knows what i was standing on
ps: sorry if this fucks the thread up.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "iain"a free plate for anyone who knows what i was standing on

Your feet.

sproggy

Rats

Your wifes neck
is that your house Gareth, in that picture? Is that where you live with tramps?

Lewis

Here's some pictures of my house:

Ok, I admit it, I am a liar and I don't really live in the Big Breakfast house... but it is just round the corner and I took some photos of it when I went rambling a couple of weeks ago. Here's a picture of Canary Wharf taken from the park over the road from my house:

All my other photos feature drunken outings. Sorry

Jet Set Willy

I would like to live where you live Lewis, and the same goes for Gazzy, though I would probably miss having stuff to do in London.

I will see if I can take some photos of round here tomorrow.

Jet Set Willy

I only managed to do a few before the battery ran out, it was meant to be a compare and contrast thing which I may finish later, but here's one I did today:

Crazy Penis

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"pics

You're trying to tell us something, aren't you? One of those women outside the pub belonged to the tits that you felt in that huge bush you seem to be so fond of while her husband was playing cricket.

Either that or you live in a bunker next to the bush where you watch the cricket from and also fantasise about old women and small children outside pubs.

Come to think of it. Is that small child hiding from you?

I don't have a camera but my town is covered in discarded bloodied trainers, mental folk and sick.

Jaffa The Cake

Lewis, you must be pretty near me at the moment, I'm in Island Gardens.

However, since I come from Carlisle, and the Lake District is my back garden, I probably have an unfair advantage in the 'nice pics from where I live' contest...

Elliot

wu be eel

Lt Plonker

Looks like Jason Vorhees would live in that last one wu be eel. :)

That's a gorgeous looking area Jaffa. I love little rocky bridgy bits like that. It's the sort of place I'd like to go walking in the winter.

Mr Colossal

Quote from: "Crazy Penis"
Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"pics

You're trying to tell us something, aren't you? One of those women outside the pub belonged to the tits that you felt in that huge bush you seem to be so fond of while her husband was playing cricket.

Either that or you live in a bunker next to the bush where you watch the cricket from and also fantasise about old women and small children outside pubs.

Come to think of it. Is that small child hiding from you?

No i think that is the towns first 'roller hooker' caught in the act.

sproggy

This is what's left of Caister Castle built in the 15th century, there's also a very impressive car & motorcycle museum on the site too.

This is the port authority building on South Quay in Great Yarmouth and is one on the oldest buildings in the town.
It is quite interesting to witness what 500 years of DIY have done to the building.

There are also the remains of an old roman fort in Caister but it's extreme lack of interest is the only impressive aspect of it, hence no picture.
What's left of it is smack bang in the middle of a 1960's housing estate and is only partially excavated, shame really as it was one of the most
important sea forts on the East coast 1800 years ago (apparently)

Abbie

Here's a couple of pics from the villages around us:

Toddington Manor

Toddington Church

Dumbleton Hall

Isn't the UK beautiful?

morgs

morgs

poison popcorn

Frinky

You live in the Shetlands, right?

That looks lovely. I'll swap you Derby for it...

poison popcorn

i wouldn't know what to do with a derby, thanks all the same.

yeah, it's pretty nice up here, those were actually taken a month or so ago, back when the weather was a bit better. i'll be looking out for northern lights pics soon enough.