Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:48:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening to at the moment? (Not a list thread)

Started by Puce Moment, August 22, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

I've been listening to the self-titled Olden Yolk album a lot. Reckon it'll be up there competing for album of the year come December. Tricky to summarise their sound, but motorik-folk with shades of Broadcast sort of covers these singles:

Vital Sign

Cut to the Quick

Bazooka

Mr Lif: Emergency Rations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SiDdmLnzM8

I listed it the 2000's album thread even if it's only an EP, but been some time since I actually listened to it. Skip the skit at the start, listen and then hit repeat on the last track Phantom.

garbed_attic

The new Daphne and Celeste. It's fun but I think it's also slowly giving me a headache!

Chairman Bodog

PaulTMA

Butchers Blind

Head Gardener

lovely

btw lovely layout hedgehog90

buttgammon

Life & Livin' It by Sinkane, a lovely album that's heavily influenced by Sudanese pop music.

phantom_power

The Name of The Band is Talking Heads. I have heard a lot in the past about how it is one of the best live albums ever and all the songs are an improvement on the originals but for some reason I have never given it a go.

Everything said about it is true. A phenomenal album made by a band who were amazing live and had a raft of killer songs

Kane Jones

Quote from: buttgammon on April 15, 2018, 11:09:22 AM
Life & Livin' It by Sinkane, a lovely album that's heavily influenced by Sudanese pop music.

I prefer his previous release 'Mean Love', but aye, this one's no slouch either.

buttgammon

Quote from: Kane Jones on April 15, 2018, 12:09:16 PM
I prefer his previous release 'Mean Love', but aye, this one's no slouch either.

Both very good albums! I've been obsessed with the DFA for ages and he's one of the most interesting artists they have at the moment.

SpiderChrist

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on April 16, 2018, 12:59:30 PM
Been banging to Magma live and Thinking Plague

I need to listen to Magma, I keep seeing their name around but have not idea what they sound like.

Bit of William Orbit for me today. Strange Cargo, water from a vine leaf. Those pads man.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 16, 2018, 01:22:29 PM
I need to listen to Magma, I keep seeing their name around but have not idea what they sound like.
Funny opera voices and mean riffs

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 16, 2018, 01:22:29 PM

IMMENSE.

Kane Jones

hedgehog90

Me too. I got into them through Cardiacs.
De Futura is a track and a fucking half.

hedgehog90

Found this on YouTube earlier and it made my day it did.

General Levy (and friends) perform 'Incredible' on 1Xtra in 2014

I'm watching it again right now and can't stop smiling. It's beautiful.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Crabwalk on April 08, 2018, 02:52:28 PM

I've been listening to the self-titled Olden Yolk album a lot. Reckon it'll be up there competing for album of the year come December.
Yep, really enjoying this album. Many thanks, Crabwalk. Has a feel of the Hauntology scene, or whatever it's called. Nice.

Artie Fufkin

boki

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: boki on April 19, 2018, 04:28:39 PM
The new Church Of The Cosmic Skull song is totes Thin Lizzy and this pleases me.
Oh yeah, baby. Love me a bit of Cosmic Skull. This is excellent. Love the vid, too.