Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening to at the moment? (Not a list thread)

Started by Puce Moment, August 22, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

Absolutely everything I can find with George Clinton involved. It's amazing, but I fear there will be burnout soon - been listening to nothing else for ten days!

Neville Chamberlain

Been enjoying the The New Town Centres a lot recently - kind of Cardiacs-y / Sparks-y / 80s vibe to it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shaky on May 28, 2018, 07:15:52 AM
Absolutely everything I can find with George Clinton involved. It's amazing, but I fear there will be burnout soon - been listening to nothing else for ten days!

I had this epiphany a few years ago. It's a good ride.

Super Stupid might be one of the best recordings ever.

Shaky

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 28, 2018, 11:39:35 PM
I had this epiphany a few years ago. It's a good ride.

Super Stupid might be one of the best recordings ever.

Good To Your Earhole is currently funking my socks off in a big, big way but there's a lot to enjoy on every Funkadelic album. Although I've struggled to stomach their belated 2014 opus.

Glebe

Dire Straits 'Sultans of Swing' on YouTube. It just suits my current mood.

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on May 31, 2018, 09:34:01 PM
Dire Straits 'Sultans of Swing' on YouTube. It just suits my current mood.

Check out guitar George, he knows, all the chords!

*embarrassed single-noted guitar twang*

Always liked that bit

sevendaughters

managed to pick Horse Rotorvator up on vinyl in France for about 12 quid. don't think they've had the Coil/Quietus price inflation there.

NoSleep

Cellist/Electroacousticist Clarice Jensen's debut solo album. Solo cello through a string of delays, reverb, loopers: quite a sound for a single performer on the title piece, "For this from that will be filled". And then also a piece commissioned by her from microtonal composer Michael Harrison, "Cello Constellations" (which is what brought me to listening to her).

https://www.claricejensen.com/projects/for-this-from-that-will-be-filled/

And also violinist/electroacousticist Mari Kimura's album "Harmonic Constellations" the title piece also composed by Michael Harrison.

https://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/classical/products/8155996--harmonic-constellations

Neville Chamberlain

Just listened to Full Circle from Czukay, Liebezeit and Wobble for the first time in about 20 years. Still as sublime and timeless as I remember it.

Currently really enjoying the mathy/post-punk noise of Black Midi.

Gong's Camembert Electrique up next...

bgmnts

Which is the funnier music video, Praise You or Weapon of Choice?

hedgehog90

I don't find either video particularly funny tbh, but Weapon of Choice deserves no praise imo (try-hard-lol shit), while Praise You deserves all the praise it gets. It is pure loveliness, uplifting and joyous.

saltysnacks

It has one of the best closing tracks of all time. Ain't Talkin' is a real blues epic.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 01, 2018, 08:19:11 AM
managed to pick Horse Rotorvator up on vinyl in France for about 12 quid. don't think they've had the Coil/Quietus price inflation there.

Oof! Bargain!

Artie Fufkin

The half speed master of Brian Eno's Before And After Science.

Sounds amazing!

itsfredtitmus

for a while i was certain that the "oh no we couldn't" at 1:32 created eleanor friedberger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixKembIsVA

Head Gardener

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on June 03, 2018, 10:52:18 AM
The half speed master of Brian Eno's Before And After Science.

Sounds amazing!

picked up the 2 x vinyl (at 45rpm) of this from a bloke at the car boot yesterday, he sells all his vinyl sealed, dunno where he gets em from...

Ferris

New Jack

Doing one of those Spotify suggested playlists, gone one based on funk had on for the last hour

Eh, just have a look. The basslines are clearly the kind the Avalanches like to pilfer. A massive positive obvs

Sebastian Cobb

Some good tracks in there I've got the Jean Knight, Marlena Shaw (that's a great lp btw), Sly, Lafayette and Meters LP's.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 03, 2018, 12:54:55 PM
picked up the 2 x vinyl (at 45rpm) of this from a bloke at the car boot yesterday, he sells all his vinyl sealed, dunno where he gets em from...

I was chuffed to get mine, sealed, off eBay for £13 + P&P

Artie Fufkin

Discovered this yesterday.
Beautiful Sunday afternoon music.

New Jack

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 03, 2018, 05:47:05 PM
Some good tracks in there I've got the Jean Knight, Marlena Shaw (that's a great lp btw), Sly, Lafayette and Meters LP's.

Aye, was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this auto playlist. Marlena Shaw is definitely worth further investigation and I never quite got into Sly, so... music to explore, hooray!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: New Jack on June 04, 2018, 12:50:11 PM
Aye, was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this auto playlist. Marlena Shaw is definitely worth further investigation and I never quite got into Sly, so... music to explore, hooray!

Check out Buddy Miles Express - Them Changes and Baby Huey - The Baby Huey Story.