Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening to at the moment? (Not a list thread)

Started by Puce Moment, August 22, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

The new Chaka Khan song, and a right banger it is too

Crabwalk

Quote from: non capisco on July 03, 2018, 06:16:13 PM
If you haven't already you should check out Gareth Liddiard's previous band The Drones, who are basically Tropical Fuck Storm with a different name anyway. 'Shark Fin Blues' is one of my "I cannot listen to this song just once" stick-it-on-again long term favourites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFKQrlaIfg

The final Drones album 'Feeling Kind Of Free' definitely paves the way for the Tropical Fuck Storm one. 'Taman Shud' is a killer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkgaCRII7I

Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted and you already knew all this!

I am new to Liddiard and intend to check out The Drones. Thanks!

Neomod

Ferris

Head Gardener

Ferris

Clownbaby

I've really developed a thing for Sex Dwarf by Soft Cell

Head Gardener

spinning my clear vinyl Talking Heads album Speaking In Tongues with the ever so fancy sleeve designed by Robert Rauschenberg,
I bought it at the time - 2/6 if I remember correctly

red front

yellow/blue inner

back tracks

Ferris

A buddy at uni had a re-press of that. I thought it was "Speak In Gin Tongues" for the longest time.

In fairness to myself, it's not immediately clear. Thank god I never said it out loud - pretty sure I got away with it.

Head Gardener

I've been listening to this 1970 US kids TV soundtrack album I found out and about this morning, I had not heard of them before
but the songs are all pretty strong, it sounds similar to The Partridge Family - but instead of storming the charts must have sold
maybe 100 copies at the time and then deleted, there was no Cassidy factor : Bugaloos theme song

sevendaughters

clicking around on Spotify. ended up giving someone called Margo Guryan ago. 27 Demos. it's brilliant. breezy 60s pop melodies. the kind of stuff I imagine Saint Etienne and early Broadcast and Stereolab liked. never heard of her before.

Dirty Boy

The new one from Melodys Echo Chamber contains some beautiful wonky pop and is also endearingly batshit at times.

jobotic

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 12, 2018, 01:25:22 PM
clicking around on Spotify. ended up giving someone called Margo Guryan ago. 27 Demos. it's brilliant. breezy 60s pop melodies. the kind of stuff I imagine Saint Etienne and early Broadcast and Stereolab liked. never heard of her before.

She was great - also recommend Take a Picture by Margo Guryan, which was re-released by Siesta Records. Not sure they're still going but if it's available let me know. Not at home now, but I'm sure it was Wiggs or Stanley that did the liner notes.

Mobius

Hey guys,

I've started to get into this new music to me, which I will describe as 'bands I've heard played on Art Bell's old radio show"

Stuff like Supertramp, The Doobie Brothers, The Alan Parsons Project and The Moody Blues

What's this stuff called, and what else is similar?

Head Gardener

AOR - adult oriented rock, a great station for this is 95-GMO

chveik

Ferris

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

Mmmmmmm... '60s...... mmmmmmm.....

Norton Canes

Hyper-Intelligent Genetically Enriched Cyborg and It Was All Fields Around Here When I Was A Kid - new tracks from Helena Hauff

jobotic

Just got Bowling Green by The Kossoy Sisters

Wonderful Appalachian folk from 1956 sung by two 17 year old twins. Nearly all horrible stories of murder. rape and infanticide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN55XgWJyTc

Oh and Witchi Tai To by Harpers Bizarre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1L9RPEM634

Neomod

New Jack

Fook me sideways and shaft my auntie, I stuck this curated Spotify "Wipeout" playlist on at 7:30am and it is verily banging all epic (in the vernacular of contemporary children)

Gregory Torso

Right now I am rolling around on my fire-damaged bed in ecstasy having just eaten a 4 day old unrefridgerated beef sandwich and Driver UFO by The Dead C is tinkling, and crackling, and gliding all over me like a big sandpaper tongue and I just feel divine.

SpiderChrist