Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:14:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1,400 Rotherham children 'sexually exploited over 16-year period'

Started by soraya, August 26, 2014, 09:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soraya

QuoteAbout 1,400 children were sexually exploited in Rotherham over a 16-year period, according to a report that concluded "it is hard to describe the appalling nature of the abuse that child victims suffered"...

Jay said she found examples of "children who had been doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, threatened with guns, made to witness violent rapes and threatened they would be next if they told anyone".

Jay said: "They were raped by multiple perpetrators, trafficked to other towns and cities in the north of England, abducted, beaten and intimidated." She said she found girls as young as 11 had been raped by large numbers of men.

But...

QuoteThe report said: "By far the majority of perpetrators were described as Asian by victims."

We better ignore this story then...

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/26/rotherham-children-sexually-abused-report

Tiny Poster

Hello new poster! What are your interests, your likes and dislikes? How long have you been lurking here at CaB?

Funcrusher

I think it's getting to the point where it can no longer be ignored.

Tiny Poster

Funcrusher

Don't think there'll be a lot of ignoring going on. Three guesses what's the top story on the Daily Mail's website at this moment.

Tiny Poster

Is it the Rotherham abuse inquiry, which is being covered by every major news outlet and also lesser ones?

Johnny Yesno

Funcrusher

Quote from: Tiny Poster on August 26, 2014, 09:36:28 PM
Is it the Rotherham abuse inquiry, which is being covered by every major news outlet and also lesser ones?

I really thought you'd need all three guesses.

Steven

As awful as this story is, you have to wonder why it is suddenly being released in the major presses now when there are links to paedo rings being intimated involving much higher profile VIPs and politicians in public service, I'm wondering how many more of these lower-level organised sex rings are going to be exposed in the tabloids years after it being any help to the suffering of victims.

soraya

It's asian people walking home after a night out through the wrong area who'll suffer because of this.

Did this not happen ages ago?  I remember it being covered up the last time it was in all the papers.

vanilla.coffee

South Yorkshire. Cliff Richard interview.
It's grim up north.

Quote from: Steven on August 26, 2014, 10:00:18 PM
As awful as this story is, you have to wonder why it is suddenly being released in the major presses now when there are links to paedo rings being intimated involving much higher profile VIPs and politicians in public service, I'm wondering how many more of these lower-level organised sex rings are going to be exposed in the tabloids years after it being any help to the suffering of victims.

I don't think you can underestimate the scale here though. I agree that it plays into certain hands but it's another side of the same coin. Institutions failing, children being abused etc

soraya

These little slappers should have kept their mouths shut. This story is going to do nothing but give ammunition to the BNP, EDL and Milverton.

Tiny Poster

I've mentioned it elsewhere but I've heard from a consultant who worked on an inquiry into paedophile rings who said they were told to focus on immigrant & working class regional groups at the expense of white middle/upper class Home Counties-type ones.

Which isn't to deny the abuse in Rotherham, but you know, it's taking an awful long time to appoint a replacement for the massive inquiry that was supposed have been launched a couple of months ago.

soraya

Quote from: Tiny Poster on August 26, 2014, 10:26:21 PM
I've mentioned it elsewhere but I've heard from a consultant who worked on an inquiry into paedophile rings who said they were told to focus on immigrant & working class regional groups at the expense of white middle/upper class Home Counties-type ones.

I don't believe you.

Milverton

Quote from: soraya on August 26, 2014, 10:18:05 PM
These little slappers should have kept their mouths shut. This story is going to do nothing but give ammunition to the BNP, EDL and Milverton.

A paedophile enabler like you should be Deputy Leader of the Labour Party by now. I wonder what tales your computer could tell?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The government should ask Tony Blair Associates how to handle the pr here.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Milverton on August 26, 2014, 10:38:37 PM
A paedophile enabler like you should be Deputy Leader of the Labour Party by now. I wonder what tales your computer could tell?

Leepal

Quote from: Milverton on August 26, 2014, 10:38:37 PM

..assumed he was being sarcastic, ie. the police and social services didn't put a stop to it for fear of being called "racist".

Milverton

Quote from: Funcrusher on August 26, 2014, 09:33:14 PM
Don't think there'll be a lot of ignoring going on. Three guesses what's the top story on the Daily Mail's website at this moment.

It was the top story on Channel 4 news and Newsnight too. In fact, its the top story across all UK national media.

I think its because its a big story, you know, paedo rings protected by the Old Bill and the local Labour (there's a clue) council because they were Pakistani. Yeah, I think that's a pretty big story. Even fucking Nick Griffin knew it was going on. That's how obvious it was.

Of course the left struggle on this issue loathing as they do the white working class and embracing paedophiles since the late 60s. A brown skinned muslim paedo must be the ultimate feel good minority for Labour. Break out the postal votes!

Patently Rotherham council, busying themselves taking children off Ukip foster parents but happy to turn a blind eye to children being gang raped by their favourite protected species, needs to be sanctioned from the top down.

High time there was another investigation into Harman and Dromey et al as well. There's plenty of filthy secrets lying around the Labour shadow cabinet. Harman should get the 5am visit from the plod as a matter of urgency.

Danger Man

Quote from: Leepal on August 26, 2014, 10:50:50 PM
If that is true then I find it pathetic that people in positions of authority are that weak.

Let's not have some type of Nazi witch-hunt over this.

The people involved are in their 30's and 40's now and are too old to be held responsible.

Johnny Yesno

This story sure is pulling in the newbies. Every cloud and that. Can you all make sure you click the banner up top when you're buying stuff on Amazon?

Milverton

Quote from: Leepal on August 26, 2014, 10:50:50 PM
..assumed he was being sarcastic, ie. the police and social services didn't put a stop to it for fear of being called "racist".

It would be nice to think so.

I don't think so.