Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1,400 Rotherham children 'sexually exploited over 16-year period'

Started by soraya, August 26, 2014, 09:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakey Chesterton

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Danger Man on August 27, 2014, 01:12:03 PM
I meant angry at the fact nobody is going to be punished for what happened.

This is just so textbook....

Fake shock over something, lessons have been learned, everyone was to blame but nobody is guilty....

In a month or two we'll learn that the one person who has resigned has been given a billion pounds for PTSD and/or has taken up the exact same job at a nearby council.

Yeah, I know what you mean. One of the most depressing things about this case is that there have been previous reports showing that there was/is a major problem, people have been reported to the police but nothing has been done and that was what I was getting at.

Roark

Quote from: doppelkorn on August 27, 2014, 12:20:12 PM
Congratulations! You won! Right wing politics turned out to the The Right Answer because of this raping that happened.

And those Pakis really are racist and violently agressive towards other races.

Let's do exactly the same back to them, whilst claiming moral superiority!

soraya

Quote from: Danger Man on August 27, 2014, 12:31:01 PM
It seems a lot of them genuinely believed that the girls hadn't been groomed, but were just low-class 'slags' using their bodies for profit. It makes for grim reading.

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on May 14, 2013, 07:58:39 PM
There are a lot of underage slappers who like to get pissed and high and fuck.

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Your point being?

I can't be sure but I think he's trying to illustrate that certain posters on this here forum shared those views.

Quote from: doppelkorn on August 27, 2014, 12:20:12 PM
Congratulations! You won! Right wing politics turned out to the The Right Answer because of this raping that happened.

Fucking prick.

Ha! Don't worry mate, you may have lost all the arguments on race issues, but I'm sure you can reclaim the moral high ground! The window tax or something? I'm sure the left won at that.

Hangthebuggers

Soooo.....

Are we allowed to talk about this honestly and maturely, or aren't we?

soraya

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Your point being?

That it's incredibly depressing that a popular member of such an intelligent, progressive forum could express such an opinion and be largely unchallenged for it.

Spoiler alert
I actually mean that... Not everything I say is meant to be sarcastic.
[close]

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on August 27, 2014, 05:44:45 PM
Soooo.....

Are we allowed to talk about this honestly and maturely, or aren't we?

Not until all of you lefty types apologise for your role in supporting and participating in a flawed political dogma that created such a climate of fear and intimidation that people would rather see children raped than speak out and be seen to criticise ethnics.

I'm waiting..

Buelligan

Quote from: soraya on August 27, 2014, 06:26:09 PM
That it's incredibly depressing that a popular member of such an intelligent, progressive forum could express such an opinion and be largely unchallenged for it.

Spoiler alert
I actually mean that... Not everything I say is meant to be sarcastic.
[close]

Which one is the unpopular one then?

Buelligan

Yeah, he's pretty unpopular in some circles but not as unpopular as a shit-stirring socko, eh?

soraya

Do you think Pakistani men  commit a disproportionately high number of sex crimes in Britain?

Buelligan

Quote from: soraya on August 27, 2014, 07:06:22 PM
Do you think Pakistani men  commit a disproportionately high number of sex crimes in Britain?

No.  Neither I, nor anyone else, knows how many sex crimes are committed in Britain, so it's impossible to say.

soraya

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2014, 07:08:17 PM
No.  Neither I, nor anyone else, knows how many sex crimes are committed in Britain, so it's impossible to say.

Do you think men commit more sex crimes than women?

Steven

Yes, let's play the left or right tug of war when it's really immaterial to systematic abuse that's being committed in every quarter by people from all backgrounds, what a pointless distraction, the press trying to point at PC liberalism is a total non-issue when it comes to people doing their mandated jobs, it's just playing into the hands of the dumb Nationalist groups and encouraging disharmony and in-fighting between communities rather than tackling the larger issues. As I've said while everybody is bickering with eachother, others who are PAID PUBLIC SERVANTS are getting away scott-free, including the political big-boys. You have to wonder who's messaging the press into an orchestrated attack on these piddling issues.

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2014, 07:02:08 PM
Yeah, he's pretty unpopular in some circles but not as unpopular as a shit-stirring socko, eh?

What's your point? Do you agree with what the poster said about those girls? Do you find that the suspicion of shit stirring troubles you more than people saying that 12 year old girls that have been raped are slags that probably deserve it?
I'm struggling to get where you're coming from, unless it's simply you defending your chums. But even if that is the case, people have the right to call him out on his dodgy opinions.

Quote from: Steven on August 27, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
Yes, let's play the left or right tug of war when it's really immaterial to systematic abuse that's being committed in every quarter by people from all backgrounds, what a pointless distraction, the press trying to point at PC liberalism is a total non-issue when it comes to people doing their mandated jobs, it's just playing into the hands of the dumb Nationalist groups and encouraging disharmony and in-fighting between communities rather than tackling the larger issues. As I've said while everybody is bickering with eachother, others who are PAID PUBLIC SERVANTS are getting away scott-free, including the political big-boys. You have to wonder who's messaging the press into an orchestrated attack on these piddling issues.

Can't we do both? There's no shortage of discussions on this board regarding V.I.Paeds. The left right argument may be bogus in the grand scheme of things, but those who identify as left can take a bit of their own preachy medicine I'm sure. They aren't slow in reacting to any right wing misdeeds.

Buelligan

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on August 27, 2014, 07:44:44 PM
What's your point? Do you agree with what the poster said about those girls? Do you find that the suspicion of shit stirring troubles you more than people saying that 12 year old girls that have been raped are slags that probably deserve it?
I'm struggling to get where you're coming from, unless it's simply you defending your chums. But even if that is the case, people have the right to call him out on his dodgy opinions.

I'm sorry, who are we talking about?  Did someone say some/all of the 12 year old girls in this case were slags and probably deserved it?

As an aside, does it upset you that a shit-stirring socko would hijack a subject as serious as this just to troll the board?

Quote from: Buelligan on August 27, 2014, 07:55:25 PM
I'm sorry, who are we talking about?  Did someone say some/all of the 12 year old girls in this case were slags and probably deserved it?

As an aside, does it upset you that a shit-stirring socko would hijack a subject as serious as this just to troll the board?

No he didn't specify, he just said "some". Either way, it was in relation to the issue of child abuse and so was inappropriate and deserved to be picked up on. What makes you think the poster is a sock puppet? I'm sure some people think that everyone who disagrees with cab consensus must all be the same person.

Buelligan

Well, feel free to jump right in and pick up on whoever you are referring to. 

Similarly with the socko thing, we all have a voice.  For me, it's totally obvious that soraya is a sockpuppet, which is why I said so.

AlanB

Feel free to follow that link and read the rest of his post by the way. Actually, no need, I'll quote it here:

Match this with foreign, booze having, weed vending, cock owning individuals and here we sit.

Islam basically gives a 'Go for it' to anyone with a cock to do pretty much whatever they like to 'godless female' types. Allah is a total bro like that. Like a two faced pious frat house boss who wants his charges to study and clean up and stay faithful but encourages them to fuck and abuse bitches while necking JackD and smoking dank.

Yep, typical PC gone mad lefty sentiment there. Nevermind the multiple posters afterwards who call him an arse for it either.

Steven

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on August 27, 2014, 08:06:05 PM
Can't we do both? There's no shortage of discussions on this board regarding V.I.Paeds. The left right argument may be bogus in the grand scheme of things, but those who identify as left can take a bit of their own preachy medicine I'm sure. They aren't slow in reacting to any right wing misdeeds.

You can discuss it as much as you like, I'm just getting aggravated by the press turning this into a PC liberal issue when it really isn't it, but it gets people to fight over what I see as insignificant so they do it. Yes we've talked about VIPaedos and systematic abuse in care homes etc, but I doubt there's laws in these places that say 'don't report abuse if the abuser is rich/famous/a politician etc etc' so we're apparently dealing with unwritten laws which I don't care if they use as an excuse, they simply weren't doing their job, ethically as a human-being you know this is wrong. Similarly with the press trying to publicise the fuck out of 'unwritten law not to report Asian criminals', it's fucking horseshit, it's a non-issue and malpractice and I don't accept it.

I simply don't believe huge swathes of public servants were uniformly and surreptitiously decreed not to expose paedophile rings because the perpetrators were of an ethnic minority, but I might believe maybe people higher up in the policeforce may have been tied in with these gangs either monetarily, or were taking advantage of girls or drugs and therefore didn't want any links in the chain exposed. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the PC witchunt angle the press are pushing is a distraction which sets the cat amongst the pigeons, this is systematic abuse which is allowed to go on in every quarter so I don't see why focusing on any racial dynamic is applicable, though there does seem to be some kind of gravitation towards upper-class or at least authoritarian roles for covering it up, which the press seem to conveniently be attempting to draw everyone away from = LOOK paedo DJs and Pops stars and Pakis!!!!

George Oscar Bluth II

I'm crazily leftwing right, and I can't get into the head of someone who thought "oh, I better not report this massive horrifying rape gang because they're mainly asians and that might make me racist". It's insane.

Not being crazy or anything, but I'm certain there was more to this than "oh, asian people committing crimes, better let them get on with it!" on the part of the police and authorities.

That might have been a bit of it[nb]And as so often in these PC GONE MAD cases, it's people's fear of a nonexistent PC brigade that leads to these things, rather than a diktat handed down by Harriet Harman, Sir Trevor Phillips and the editorial writers of The Guardian.[/nb], but I'm sure it's all the usual stuff too. Poor attitudes to women and girls and victims in general, incompetence and maybe even good old fashioned corruption.

The question (which I raised in the VIPaedo thread, actually) is that it throws into doubt that idea that Savile and his ilk were protected simply because they were powerful. When you see people as basically powerless on a societal level as Pakistani cab drivers getting away with it for so long, and on such a scale, you have to ask questions about our whole society.