Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Water issue

Started by Quincey, September 02, 2014, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quincey

Just spilled water on the cables of some laptop power cables - they both work but I am not sure if there will be lasting damage. I also got a bit of water on the keyboard of one of the laptops - the keys seem to work but I am hoping there is no lasting damage. Any advice on how to ensure that no damage happens - I have dried the cables and keyboard.

mook

i spied som te on my kybord a wile bak, yu get use t it ater a bit. jst provs half the ltters ar jst fr sho.

Uncle TechTip

Turn it off and put it somewhere warm. You really needed advice for that?

Quincey

Yes.

I'm talking about avoiding damage to the laptop power cable as well as the laptop itself by the way.

BPFHAY

Cables are waterproof along the wire part. If you spilled water on the connector, all you need to do is make sure it's dry and doesn't corrode. Water only really fucks things up by conducting electricity through the impurities it contains. A cable is a very simple thing, and not really an "electronic" device, like a circuit that would short because of water causing connections between things that should never be connected.

Dry it good, live forever.