Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate groovy dad anthem

Started by Vodka Margarine, September 05, 2014, 01:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Quote from: Don_Preston on September 06, 2014, 12:03:03 AM
In the last week or so I've done dad dances/bump and grinds to, from the top of my memory; Prince's Little Red Corvette and Lolita, Harvey Milk and Nicki's Anaconda.

I also taught my lad how to corrupt the Nina and the Neurons theme, which is greatly amusing for all.

God, the thought of Prince as dad rock. Now I do feel old.

Don_Preston

Well not Dad Rock. Just music enjoyed by a father and, sometimes, son.

Vodka Margarine

This is completely about decent or half decent records, make no mistake.

Groovy dad hips don't lie.

hummingofevil

Thank you so much for the Robert Palmer recommendation. I've never heard that before but spent last 3 days listening to it over and over; it's so, so sad. Rooting through YouTube it's made even better by the fact that he can't even sing it properly (it's too low for his range) and he sings it in various language. The combination of excessive effort and poor delivery just serve to magnify the song's utterly depressing narrative.

Amazing. Thanks la.

Vodka Margarine

I just want to dance the night away
With señoritas who can sway

jenna appleseed

Quote from: BPFHAY on September 05, 2014, 05:46:26 PM
Oh my god yes. Beating Peter Gabriel at his own game.

sounds a bit like Art Of Noise too - getting a very Paranoimia w/ Max headroom feel esp from the intro/riff)

Thanks for reminding me of this song & the video Goldentony - it really is awesome/brilliant -

Heard it for the first time after he'd died, only found out it was his after the song finished and had one of those 'fuck, he really did do some really good music' moments too late.

don't think I've seen the video before but it feels like one of those thing you see accidentally late at night when you're not quite sure if what you're watching is actually real or like one of those hazily remembered dreams that should be fucking terrifying but instead just seem to make perfect sense, even though they don't.

and yeah hummingofevil it is a really sad/depressing narrative if you pay attention to the lyrics.

There's only one song that every dad everywhere is listening to at the moment (in the car at least)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

BlodwynPig

Quote from: clayhill halls of residen on September 10, 2014, 02:28:43 AM
There's only one song that every dad everywhere is listening to at the moment (in the car at least)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Driving Home for Christmas?

Vodka Margarine

Eric Clapton's Behind The Mask.

The sound of beige slacks no longer being ironed by the wife. A man called Geoffrey staring at some pleated curtains and wondering what the hell went wrong. The very cock and balls of groovy dad anthemry.