Author Topic: Forever (2014)  (Read 175 times)

Melodichaze

• You done my brain in - right in
Forever (2014)
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:26:57 AM »
Slowly been plodding my way through the recent autumn releases, lots of pilots for shows which seem interesting, including ABC's new show 'Forever'.
Ioan Gruffudd stars as Dr Henry Morgan, a chap who seemingly cannot die, who uses his job as a medical examiner/pathologist as a way to explore his understanding of mortality and co-incidentally solve crimes. Lots of exposition set up in the first episode, including a potential 'big bad' and a sassy female side-kick.
Tonally it feels like a mixture of 'Sleepy hollow' and 'Elementary'; Light-hearted enjoyable fluff with Gruffudd having that other-worldly knowing and adept observational/deductive skills.
Definitely worth checking out if you like crime shows with a twist and fancy something easy going.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
Re: Forever (2014)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
I caught this last week and am a bit 'meh' about it at the moment. It's a bit like Highlander, but without the beheadings, and so far the flashbacks haven't been that exciting. Plus I found Gruffudd's voiceover to be a bit irritating. Still, it does have potential, and could turn in to something fun, so I'm going to stick with it for a few more episodes.