Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forever (2014)

Started by Melodichaze, September 07, 2014, 09:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melodichaze

Slowly been plodding my way through the recent autumn releases, lots of pilots for shows which seem interesting, including ABC's new show 'Forever'.
Ioan Gruffudd stars as Dr Henry Morgan, a chap who seemingly cannot die, who uses his job as a medical examiner/pathologist as a way to explore his understanding of mortality and co-incidentally solve crimes. Lots of exposition set up in the first episode, including a potential 'big bad' and a sassy female side-kick.
Tonally it feels like a mixture of 'Sleepy hollow' and 'Elementary'; Light-hearted enjoyable fluff with Gruffudd having that other-worldly knowing and adept observational/deductive skills.
Definitely worth checking out if you like crime shows with a twist and fancy something easy going.

Small Man Big Horse

I caught this last week and am a bit 'meh' about it at the moment. It's a bit like Highlander, but without the beheadings, and so far the flashbacks haven't been that exciting. Plus I found Gruffudd's voiceover to be a bit irritating. Still, it does have potential, and could turn in to something fun, so I'm going to stick with it for a few more episodes.