Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Adam and Joe stuff

Started by madhair60, September 09, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

So is there any way to get hold of Fourmative Years?  It's on various naughty websites but not seeded anywhere.  I can't seem to get 4oD to load FOR FUCK'S SAKE so I'm out of luck in gathering up my Adam and Joe collection.

They're just the best.  I hope they come back.

Neil

Both myself and LFBarfe encoded and shared it, so one of us will get you sorted out.  I'll search my laptop as my desktop is knackered.

Queneau

Did I not pass this on? I certainly used to have it. Will have a root around over the weekend if nobody sorts you out.

Thomas

I've been listening to Adam and Joe recently, having become a real BBC podcasts freak. I'm laughing just thinking about Pierce Brosnan in Taffin.

madhair60

Quote from: Neil on September 09, 2014, 09:01:10 PM
Both myself and LFBarfe encoded and shared it, so one of us will get you sorted out.  I'll search my laptop as my desktop is knackered.

Nice one Neil, yeah I noticed the torrent says "neilbombd" on it and I assumed it wasn't a coincidence. :)  It's been at 94% for a while now.

I'm wondering what else is out there. A lot of Takeover TV is on Youtube, too.

Leo2112

I've wanted to see Adam and Joe's Shock Video for ages, has it ever been collected together anywhere?  I saw a few episodes when it was on Channel 5 and was often hilarious.

Edit: Apparently it was on E4 rather than C5.

madhair60

Quote from: Leo2112 on September 09, 2014, 09:08:36 PM
I've wanted to see Adam and Joe's Shock Video for ages, has it ever been collected together anywhere?  I saw a few episodes when it was on Channel 5 and was often hilarious.

Oh god, yes, this too.

Leo2112

Quote from: madhair60 on September 09, 2014, 09:10:24 PM
Oh god, yes, this too.

Here's Adam writing a bit about the show -

QuoteIn late 2000 our friend and co-exec producer of the Adam & Joe Show, Fenton Bailey asked us if we would like to provide a new voice over for a series of self consciously trashy programmes about sex on TV around the world called Shock Video. Fenton and partner Randy Barbato's production company World Of Wonder had originally made the series for the US where it had aired with a straightforward Eurotrash type voice over but E4 in the UK who had just bought the series, wanted a new VO. We said we'd do it if we could re-write bits of the VO script to allow us to say what we really thought about some of the more unedifying clips. Fenton agreed and we got re-writing. We recorded the VO for the first series over a couple of days in January 2000 and it aired on E4 later that year.

In my opinion, the first series of our Shock Video was not great. Our new VO was a queasy mix of scripted and unscripted comments about the clips, which often failed to be either informative or particularly funny. On the plus side, we got a lot of money for not much work and the series did well enough (presumably because of the constant nudity) for E4 to commission another! Why can't that happen all the time?

The second series of Shock Video (recorded in January 2002 and broadcast in February-March that year) is altogether better. Joe and I improvised a lot more, had more fun in the recording booth came up with a few moments that still make me chuckle if my day has gone sufficiently wrong for me to be up late watching a repeat (see below). Unfortunately when they repeated the shows on Bravo (for a good 5 years after they first aired) they ran both series so it was a crapshoot quality wise, with the odds in favour the crap. Purely in terms of ratings and repeats however, Shock Video was probably the most successful thing Joe and I did together on TV. We often get asked if we get repeat fees and the answer is no. I'm sorry to say it was a buyout.

Queneau

Just found The Fourmative Years. I've started uploading. If anyone beats me just post here so I can cancel. Cheers.

madhair60

Queneau

Retinend

It seems like Shock Video is lost to time. Really annoying since the wank-factor would seem to ensure at least a few episodes being kept in someone's VHS piles somewhere.

Johnny Textface

I recall Joe reading a review of Shock Video on air that said it was like 'swallowing a wasp'. He seemed quite happy with that.

Paaaaul

I've got some Shock Video episodes, but they're on a DVD that has some gluey shit all over the business side. I'll try and recover them when I get home from work tomorrow.

Old Nehamkin

Johnny Textface

I need to find the one with the chieeeeeff.

DrGreggles

I love Adam and Joe.

I know that it doesn't add much to this thread, but I just thought it was worth saying.

Paaaaul

I extracted the two Shock Video eps I had this morning, so I'll do something with them later. Are their Animation Adventure programmes well distributed, or should I dig them out too? Also, Go Tokyo?

I would happily take the lot if you please, Paaaaul.

madhair60

I have American Animation and Go Tokyo - the latter is well-seeded elsewhere, the former is (I believe) on Youtube, but if you have better quality rips I'm all over them.

Can't wait for Shock Video. :)

Paaaaul

I've probably got the same rips that everyone else has. I think these all came from THE PLACE, or possibly THE OTHER PLACE.

Johnny Textface

I'd love to see Shock Video too please sir!  I don't suppose they would be allowed on youtube would they?

madhair60

I'm gonna say that if anyone has Adam and Joe show rips from 4oD I'm after them too. My rips are VHS rips, look shit and go out of sync.

I own every single legally available A&J thing and it's not enough. >: (

Edit: If I were to buy the eps from iTunes would I only be able to watch them through that?

phantom_power

I had a collection of all their song wars songs but seem to have lost them. Is there anywhere you can get hold of them?

checkoutgirl

I tried to torrent Neil's Fourmative years and got stuck in the 90s% so haven't watched it yet. I reckon it will be watchable on VLC media player because you can play incomplete torrent downloads on VLC. Never heard of Shock Video and but can't wait to see some of it. Don't know if Go Tokyo is worth another watch, there was always something about the format and presentation that disconcerted me. I can't remember what. I think it was of it's time and maybe hasn't aged well. Fourmative years should be good though because it was A&J's peak and they are best in a stripped down do-it-yourself format.

Johnny Textface

I've got a feeling I've got the two song wars albums, will check tonight.

babyshambler

My A&J radio collection is all over the place. If anyone has the lot with music edited out, XFM and BBC6, I'd be very grateful indeed and pay for all  costs and enough for a pint, or a half if you're in London. Please get in touch.

Quote from: babyshambler on September 10, 2014, 04:23:15 PM
My A&J radio collection is all over the place. If anyone has the lot with music edited out, XFM and BBC6, I'd be very grateful indeed and pay for all  costs and enough for a pint, or a half if you're in London. Please get in touch.
Yo!

Enzo

ruffty! can't wait for shock video. Been searching for it for years.

Enzo

http://youtu.be/2ReTUv9nVvg

this is the only evidence of shock video on youtube. A belter it is too. Not Work safe I'd say!