Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#chucklebros #daveleetravis #assaulttrial #evidence

Started by BritishHobo, September 13, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Artemis

Neither of those facial expressions are at all appropriate.

That's enough for me.

#guilty

Glebe

They don't call them the Chuckle Brothers for nothing, that certainly made me laugh...

Queneau

Barry's face shows he knows the real story. Or Paul's. Whichever one it is.

Natnar

Well they weren't much help in the end

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29331740

QuoteFormer Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has been found guilty of indecently assaulting a researcher working on TV's Mrs Merton Show in 1995.

A Southwark Crown Court jury convicted him by a majority verdict of 10-2.

He was found not guilty of indecently assaulting a woman while he was appearing on a production of Aladdin in 1990.

He was cleared of a further charge of sexually assaulting a journalist after the jury failed to reach a verdict.

The 69-year-old, who was tried under his real name David Griffin, appeared on BBC Radio 1 for more than 25 years until 1993, and was a regular host of Top of the Pops.

Prosecutors claimed Mr Travis was an "opportunist" and argued his "charming and cuddly" persona was no defence for his actions.

Sophie Wood, defending, told the judge she would "seek to persuade" him that Travis should be given a non custodial community order sentence.

But Judge Anthony Leonard QC said "all options remain open".

Sentencing will take place at a later date and Travis left the court with his wife Marianne after being granted bail.

The jury of six men and six women found him guilty of indecently assaulting a woman on 17 January 1995, while she was working on the BBC's comedy chat programme the Mrs Merton Show.

She had told the court she was left "shaking" after the incident.

Giving evidence, the woman - now a television personality - said she was 22 when Mr Travis approached her as she was smoking a cigarette in a corridor of the BBC studios in Manchester.

Travis, a guest on the programme, told her she "shouldn't be smoking" and gave her a "squeezing grope", she said.

"He started touching the bottom of my rib cage. Without saying anything else he just slid his hands up to and over my breasts and then kind of left them there and started squeezing," she added.

She told the court: "I absolutely knew he had some weird sexual thrill from this. I felt like I'd been punched, that feeling of being violated."

He was being retried on the other two charges after a jury was unable to reach verdicts at an earlier trial at which he was cleared of 12 other indecent assault allegations.

Pijlstaart

Now a television personality, eh? Are we allowed to guess who it was he assaulted?

kaprisky

If DLT was found not guilty of the panto assault then does that not mean the Chuckle bros. actually DID vindicate his stance? It was Dave Gorman that probably got him sent down. Yeah, it was him.

Does this mean more TOTP repeats will be shelved then?

Quote from: Pijlstaart on September 23, 2014, 03:28:30 PM
Now a television personality, eh?
IMDB lists researcher credits, and someone there is relatively well-known and the right age.

El Unicornio, mang

I hope they do "to you, to me" for ages every time they do a selfie together

shiftwork2

It's not hard to find out who it is.  Good on her.

Harry Badger

She has mentioned on some podcast/radio show that she was groped by DLT. Googling 'Mrs Merton researcher' will give you the name.

Quote from: sick as a pike on September 23, 2014, 03:36:48 PM
IMDB lists researcher credits, and someone there is relatively well-known and the right age.

Don't know why I'm being this coy, as Lucy Porter has talked about being groped by DLT in her stage show, apparently.

Pijlstaart

BBC says the victim was 22. Assault happened on 17th January 1995 according to BBC. Lucy Porter was born on 27th January 1973 according to wikipedia, so wouldn't have been 22, she'd have been 21 and 355 days.

Keep searching, gang.

Buelligan

I'm pretty certain Mr Lee Travis is a groper.  I remember my sister telling me he'd put his hand up her skirt when she served him breakfast at an Isle of Wight hotel many years ago.

thraxx

Quote from: Buelligan on September 23, 2014, 04:02:03 PM
I'm pretty certain Mr Lee Travis is a groper.  I remember my sister telling me he'd put his hand up her skirt when she served him breakfast at an Isle of Wight hotel many years ago.

Perhaps he thought he saw a shredded wheat up there?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on September 23, 2014, 04:02:03 PM

But that's where the ketchup was officer

Uncle TechTip

I'm glad she got justice but she's ruined the TOTP repeat run.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 23, 2014, 06:36:50 PM
...TOTP repeat run.

They should just rename it Top Of The Predators and show the whole lot in full.  By the way did you see that the BBC had to issue an apology for inadvertently including Savile in one of the repeats recently?  I'm beginning to think Jimmy's persona non grata these days.

Paul Calf

When I read statements like this, I sometimes wonder if I woke up in the wrong dimension of reality:

QuoteProsecutors claimed Mr Travis was an "opportunist" and argued his "charming and cuddly" persona was no defence for his actions.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Lucy Porter *has* got a cracking pair of knockers, to be fair. Wonder if that was part of his defence?

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 24, 2014, 09:50:41 AM
They should just rename it Top Of The Predators and show the whole lot in full.  By the way did you see that the BBC had to issue an apology for inadvertently including Savile in one of the repeats recently?  I'm beginning to think Jimmy's persona non grata these days.

Every clip of Jimmy Savile in the BBC archive is now marked 'not for broadcast' and you have to go through about six levels of compliance checks before you are inevitably told you can't use the clip for something else.

small_world

The Chuckle Bros are fucking amazing.
Is it too late for them to become the greatest comedy stars of all time? Could they not really push all out and bring about a new era of slap-stick?
Heroes of our age.

Ok, so a 41yr old woman.
Dermot O'Leary is 41. But NOT a woman.
Komla Dumor was 41 AND a woman, but is dead...

The search goes on.

Brundle-Fly

The curse of the cover of Ian Gittins TOTP book strikes again! Savile, Rolf, DLT, even Boy George got done for holding a rent boy hostage . Who next? Roy Wood? Agnetha from Abba? Reg???

Guy

Well, I did hear that the seventies' BBC TV logo used to go up to teenage girls in the corridor and squeeze their boobs between 'BBC' bit and the 'TV' bit.

Glebe

ollyboro

At least we know what the young girl with the chalk on the 1970's testcard f was doing. Attempting to write  "HELP. I'M ABOUT TO GET RAPED!"

biggytitbo