Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#chucklebros #daveleetravis #assaulttrial #evidence

Started by BritishHobo, September 13, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Seems about right, that.

I reckon all the people who had sex with consenting adults and worked in British TV entertainment in the 1970s should bring a book out about it.

shiftwork2

I thought this was the end of Yewtree but seems not.  Chris Denning's trial starts in November, Paul Gambaccini is 'on bail' (but not charged?) and a Dr Salmon from Stoke Mandeville Hospital faces trial in January.  Two unnamed fellas are also bailed.  Amazing that the Savile documentary was broadcast almost two years ago.

boki

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 26, 2014, 01:57:20 PM
Seems about right, that.

I reckon all the people who had sex with consenting adults and worked in British TV entertainment in the 1970s should bring a book out about it.
It's a start

Blue Jam

I really hope one upshot of the DLT and Rolf Harris trials is that "I'm just touchy-feely/tactile/huggy" ceases to be taken as an acceptable excuse for anything. It is and always has been shorthand for "I'm a creep who can't be trusted to behave in an appropriate manner and keep my grubby mitts off other people's bodies". Who has ever worked with a "touchy-feely" colleague and thought "awwww, that person is so nice and warm and affectionate, I really love being around them" rather than "urrrrghhh, get them and their hands away from me"?

Ambient Sheep

So he's "mortified and disappointed"??  In his position I'd be fucking relieved I'm not inside, and apologetic, but it's clear he still believes he's done nothing wrong.  As he told the police in one of his interviews:

Quote"I remember the days people used to touch people and you would kick them in the balls. You didn't take them to bloody court."

Also, interesting evidence given from Dave Gorman:

QuoteHe said his "feeling was, if you think back to that time" that if he or his colleagues had called the police to report the alleged incident it "wouldn't have gone anywhere".

"He had been and gone.

"I recall discussions and questions about whether it had been a sort of 'Carry On film wahey', which might be playful, albeit ill-judged - or whether it was aggressive.

"My recollection was it was aggressive."

ollyboro

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 26, 2014, 06:03:06 PM
So he's "mortified and disappointed"??  In his position I'd be fucking relieved I'm not inside, and apologetic, but it's clear he still believes he's done nothing wrong.  As he told the police in one of his interviews:

Also, interesting evidence given from Dave Gorman:
Fair enough,  but Dave Gorman's probably a virgin. What the fuck would he know about passive or aggressive sexual behaviour?  He's the type of cunt who would have walked in on my Grandad and uncles sticking my Nan's dildo up my  pipe when I was 4 and reported them to the fucking filth. Thus robbing me of several lollipops.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Danger Man on September 26, 2014, 07:13:56 PM
Will he start posting on here in a year or two?

Unlikely, as the hairy cornflake he wouldn't fit in here at all.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 26, 2014, 07:50:51 PM

Unlikely, as the hairy cornflake he wouldn't fit in here at all.

He might have phimosis though.

Funcrusher

Good chance of being mentally ill and unemployed as well.

George Oscar Bluth II

Ambient Sheep

Interesting snippet from the Telegraph today:

QuoteMoments before the judge arrived in court for the sentencing, Travis demanded that Sunday Times journalist Camilla Long move from her seat in the public gallery behind the dock.

Ms Long wrote an article for the newspaper in 2012 in which she claimed she had been groped by the DJ during an interview.

After tapping on the glass-walled dock, Travis said: "You're making me uncomfortable. Get where you should be - in the press gallery."

When Ms Long replied that there were no seats available, Travis turned to the packed press gallery and said: "Anybody want to give her a seat?"

The exchange was interrupted when the judge entered the courtroom.

Making him feel uncomfortable?  Awwwwwwwwww diddums, big fucking diddums.  Bet he's never made anyone feel uncomfortable in their lives.

The cunt really has no idea, does he?

#ironyfail #worsethanedmonds?

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 27, 2014, 04:32:10 PM
Making him feel uncomfortable?  Awwwwwwwwww diddums, big fucking diddums.  Bet he's never made anyone feel uncomfortable in their lives.

He made me feel uncomfortable, when listening to the aggressive & humourless self-righteous rants with which he sought to put the world to rights, between playing the genial wacky buffoon.  Extremely schizophrenic broadcasting style!