Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

nick o kicked out of QOTSA

Started by fbb bastard, February 12, 2004, 09:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbb bastard

http://www.nme.com/news/107500.htm

DAMN.....thats some bad shit going down there...we aint dealing with alan white/stuart cable here....this is going to spoil the chemistry (no pun intended) of the band surely....there is no more cooler partnership in rock then the bald naked bass monster and a 20 foot ginger robert mitchum...and now its over?

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

king mob

Oh bollocks

Ah well at least we have Busted.

sorry

big dogs cock

Yeah that sucks they're a fucking superb band. I do find myself reaching for the skip button when he starts his screaming though.

Gamma Ray

I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make, personally. I think that they had a superb dynamic, but Joshua Homme is hardly one to shy away from change ...

Besides, I like the first album most of all and that was pretty much just Josh Homme and Alberto Hernandez. The band has always had a shifting line-up. Sure, Nick Oliveri was a regular, but he wasn't always there.

The Fade is offering a download of 'Give The Mule What He Wants' from the 'Gamma Ray sessions' right now, before Oliveri even joined the band.

As an interesting side note, Mark Lanegan has also officially left the band too, according to his website.

Anyone off to see the Eagles Of Death Metal over the weekend?

Oh Jesus, that's terrible.  While Josh might not be afraid of change, the incoming bass player will be tarred with the fact that he/she isn't Nick.  No more nudity in front of thousands of Brazilians I guess..........

Dirty Boy

Isn't this the same guy that got kicked out of the notoriously wild filth punkers The Dwarves for being too mental? if so it's hardly a big surprise.

fbb bastard

this is strange as i heard that lanegan had laid the law done with somekind of "either nick goes or i go" ultimatum...and now he has fucked off as well...well known that he is a moody bastard but this takes the rich tea.......

this weeks drummer has pissed off as well apparently....

Almost Yearly

"Lord, beam me out of this fucking muppet's band."

One post, two threads. Efficient.

Huzzie

Great band. ONe of the very few truley great band of LOL NO last 5 years and this si very very sad news as JH and NO were wonderful characters and I dont think the band woudl have been anywhere near as special without one of them. Very sad and I do feel sad now but I have a massive smile on my face and I have just laughed out load for maybe, only the 3rd or 4th time ever, while being on the pc and all because of AY's picture! Hhaha thats brilliant, it really is the spitting image of him.

hehe, I am nicking that if you dont mind AY. I actually have contact with JH so I mighnt send it to him if you dont mind. I would say you did it. Its brilliant.. hahaha:-D

chand

I'm a bit mixed about it. On the one hand, my fave QOTSA album is the first, on which Nick was a bit-part player. Then again, since then I've really enjoyed the dynamic of having those two, and it's a shame there won't be any more shrieking 'Tension Head'-type shit.

So, it's a shame. But who knows, they may work together again, they both seem to live for making music whoever it's with.

Gamma Ray

For anyone who might give a fuck, the excellent  (and recently dry-sense-of-humour developed) thefade has issued it's wisdom on the subjekt ...

Quote from: "thefade"Summarily, Nick Oliveri and Mark Lanegan are no longer a part of Queens of the Stone Age. It's about as official as it's going to get with quotes from Joshua Homme from the pinnacle of journalistic integrity that is NME, and a statement from Nick Oliveri on his official Mondo Generator website in the REXmail section.

If anyone actually reads NME and is willing to let me know if there's anything of any interest whatsoever in the Homme interview, then go right ahead. The online 'article' is here.

Oliveri's words on the situation are a different matter. Thefade links here, where Oliveri has this to say ...

Quote from: "Nick Oliveri"The strongest leaders are chosen by their followers, not self-appointed. The best front men are chosen by their fans. At one time, the thing I really loved about the Queens was that there were three front men, organic and original. I'd never heard of a rock band with three lead singers, with three different voices. My favorite band is dead.

Q.O.T.S.A.
R.I.P.

I still don't give a shit so long as they all carry on making music, but it's a shame all the same ...