Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's with all this JAM?

Started by Krovean, September 24, 2014, 02:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krovean

Good afternoon all,

This is my first post, hope I haven't fucked it up already!

What is this 'Jam' all about? I've seen it referenced in Blue Jam, Jam, first episode of The IT Crowd is called 'Yesterday's Jam' and finally another one I saw was in The Day Today about the Jam Festival.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Occam's Razor:

Jam is a funny word.
People gravitate to their own funny words and develop idiosyncrasies. All of the aforementioned shows have the same people involved.
Jam is a funny word.

Also it's evening here for me so YOU SURE FUCKED THAT ONE UP, YOU UTTER FUCKING DUFFER.

Quote from: Krovean on September 24, 2014, 02:03:17 PM
Good afternoon all,

This is my first post, hope I haven't fucked it up already!

Krovean

Thank you Bored of Canada, good response you SOGGY VALVE

Depressed Beyond Tables

Eddie Izzard was the first comedian I ever saw to use the word 'jam' in a comedic sense. I'll never forget it.

Jam is a show by Chris Morris and it is great (probaaaaably his best work imo).

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on September 24, 2014, 09:55:25 PM
Eddie Izzard was the first comedian I ever saw to use the word 'jam' in a comedic sense. I'll never forget it.

Remember when Piers Morgan attempted to get a laugh on HIGNFY by asking "Is it jam?" only to be met with awkward silence? He said the reason he'd said it was because Eddie Izzard had recieved a big laugh on the previous show by asking if it was jam.

"But people like Eddie" was Hislop's reply.

Solid Jim

"For those listeners tuning in from abroad, jam is basically a sugary fruit paste." - Alan Partridge (source)

I sincerely hope this helps clear up the issue of what jam is.