Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:07:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shadows of Mordor

Started by wasp_f15ting, October 04, 2014, 01:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

I didn't like it at first but I am now loving it - great game though I am pretty certain the combat engine is just lifted from batman

Mister Six

Started getting into this and I can feel my life getting pulled away all over again. I must be better at these games than I thought, because aside from the occasional bit of bad timing, when two other captains turn up while I'm battering a third, and the times I've gotten a bit lazy and cocky, I've not found it too hard at all. Helps that the game is mostly very good about letting you run off and come back to the captains - the world persists for quite some distance away from the player, so there's never that annoying GTA thing where something you wanted to get/kill/destroy disappears when you get a block away from it.

Anyone played the DLC? Is it worth getting?

kittens

i'm pissed off, i bought this game in a sale (still £23, though) on the playstation store a few days ago for ps3.
the graphics look like shit, like really, really bad. i just googled to try to find out why it looks so awful and found out a bunch of other bad stuff about it, including the fact that it doesn't even have the nemesis system in it which is like the main reason i wanted it.
bullshit. can't even get a fucking refund. shitow of mordor more like yes shitow fuck off

Thursday

You idiot.

But yeah they shouldn't have released it on PS3/360 if they couldn't make a proper version of it.

Hobo

Thursday

You'll need a decent PC to run it on even on low settings though.

mook

grabbed this last night 42gig! hell's teeth. it does look pretty though, just a bit too full on GRRR for a sunday morning when i've got a head on.

biggytitbo

Is there anything to this game other than twatting orcs? Getting a bit bored already.

MojoJojo

How far into it are you? You do end up doing stealthy bits and organising elaborate traps with escaped beasts and setting people on fire, plus the whole manipulating the tribal orc politics business.

But, in some sense, that is all just twatting orcs.

biggytitbo

I've just met that little tosser Golum.

So far this feels like some over-elaborate mobile game with far too many different gameplay mechanics and bells and whistles.

ToneLa

Just jib the story and die over and over to build up more and more nemeseses

biggytitbo

One plus point I just killed an orc whilst he was having a piss.

Bazooka

Its a harder assassins creed with orcs.

Mister Six

It is very repetitive, and neither the mechanics nor the world are complex or deep enough to provide variety. Some of the challenges are quite fun, but I burned out pretty quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if others did too.

ToneLa

What if you just want to talk to the monsters?

kittens

hello lads. as an addition to my previous post in this thread of a few years ago i ended up buying this in the ps4 and had an o.k. time. cheers all

kittens

FOUR YEARS AGO FUCKING HELL

ToneLa

Bought it on PS4 cheap only to realise they weren't offering, what was it? Shadow of War

Still fun, not actually that different, but Spiderman is fuckin boss and Arkham City Remastered exists...

biggytitbo

Why is it when you press pause in this gane theres some orc going 'hhmmmmm ggrrrrrrmmm huugggmmmm ghmmmmm'. It's very unnerving when you forget about it and go for a piss and it sounds like there's some man squatting in the back bedroom masturbating.

biggytitbo

I just worked out I'm actually playing shadow of war not shadow or mordor. Are they different games?

ToneLa

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 09, 2019, 07:16:46 PM
I just worked out I'm actually playing shadow of war not shadow or mordor. Are they different games?

Technically..

The second looks a bit nicer and you have more powers n that.

In other words, if you wonder if you'll need to revisit the first, unless you fuckin LOVE this one, No. No, no no no no.

biggytitbo

Yeah no chance of that, I don't want to play this game again. I'll try and finish this one but it's more of a chore than anything.

ToneLa

Haha. Well, like I said upthread, snuff yourself on orcs to explore the delights of the nemesis system

But there's really no point going backwards in the series.

Spider Man, now that's a good post-Arkham game...

biggytitbo

First time in ages I gave up on this long before finishing it. Just too repetitive and boring, but not in a fun junk foodey way like Far Cry, in an annoying, frustrating and confusing way.

tookish

I've played through both, and they are excellent games. Has anyone else played Shadow of War? I don't want to spoil the plot, of course.

But Talion is such an interesting addition to the world I love so much. And the games are witty too - the amount of effort put into giving every orc their own personality is astonishing.

When I can afford it I'll be purchasing Blade of Galadriel.

biggytitbo

It is good that theyre all different, but bad that theyre all different extras from a Guy Ritchie film.