Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#makefilm

Started by kittens, October 06, 2014, 10:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

i have to make a film for university this year and it can be about anything so what should i do
i don't get ideas anymore so i need someone else to think of it for me
cheers

thraxx

Make a revisionist film that kindly revisits David Irving and his theories.

mook

make a film about a child not making a film about a man making a film about a child not making a film of a man making a film.

billtheburger

Go to Pontins and document the United Kingdom Federation of Majorettes & Baton Twirlers, but don't take the piss.

Pdine

Make a documentary about inanimate objects and their concerns. Interview a kettle about how stressful it was coming out to her parents, who were a freezer and a sodastream and thus very conservative. Intercut a series of testimonies from young, sexually active Muslim cutlery about how their faith and love lives interact. Ask a wheelie bin about the first time someone opened it up and stuck a lot of rubbish in it. Take a first generation iPod back to the Apple Store where it was purchased and ask the staff if they remember it, then catch the iPod's tearful reaction as it realises it is not special. Tripod shots, reaction shots and subtitles. Job done.

mook

just don't bother with it, with any of it - it'll be shite.

Fry

Do a film about spunk

Fry

Actually do a film about me I am a great man.

Thomas

A film about what happens in mirrors when we're not around.

kittens

these are all really good ideas i am glad this thread has become such a great place for positive creative exchange between like minded individuals

mook

drink the sea kittens, the sea... ALL OF IT.

Urinal Cake

Copy BoC\Noodle Lizard\Noodle Lizard's facebook friends.

You should make a film about a writer who has writer's blank.

EDIT:

Hey! Why are you dissing my facebook friends?

Thomas

A film about a dog that ate an insect once.

Unless of course you were talking about the ones who were talking about bombing all muslim people.

They were bang out of order on that one.

Thomas

I think he actually means you yourself, BoC.

Urinal Cake

BoC
Noodle Lizard
Noodle Lizard's facebook friends who made this short https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEdknA223GY amongst others

Thomas

A film about a cat flap that leads to the past.

Onken

You will get a better grade choosing to make a documentary. It's a straightforward, formulaic process once you get your contributors sorted and less things can go wrong.

I had a short film all storyboarded from my first year but the tutors told me hang on to the idea until I got some more experience doing other assignments. I've left with a First but it's looking like never being made.

You decide.

checkoutgirl

Do a film about going for high tea with the Queen and Donald Trump. But here's the twist, you are going in your pyjamas. So they are raising their eyebrows and you just carry on like it's your normal day to day wear.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: kittens on October 06, 2014, 10:18:18 AM
i have to make a film for university this year and it can be about anything so what should i do
i don't get ideas anymore so i need someone else to think of it for me
cheers

I had an idea a while ago that I toyed with turning into a short but couldn't write it to a good enough standard.  May as well give it to you lest it just die in my brain.  Here's the very short version:

A depressed middle-aged man and woman, both of whom have more or less given up on life, are on a first date in one last desperate grasp for hope.  Sadly, there's zero attraction.  They find the only thing they really have in common is that they both wouldn't mind committing suicide.  The film ends with them doing so together, which is somehow touching.

Yeah, go ahead and write that dialogue convincingly and sympathetically whilst also balancing making light of depression and suicide.  Good luck, dickhead!

Brundle-Fly

Fry

Do a film where every line rhymes.

SCREENWRITER'S TIP: Make the first line "Look at my hat!"

touchingcloth

Make a film about someone who makes a film about making a film because they have to make a film but don't know what they should make the film about. You'll be like Charlie Kaufman but with an extra layer of abstraction, so either half as good or bad again depending on your viewpoint.

#uninspiredlikekittens

Thomas

Go full Louis Theroux and join the weirdest university societies you can unearth on their bizarre trips. Make sure they aren't self-consciously or deliberately 'weird'.

checkoutgirl

Blowout Comb: A Spike Lee Joint - The Movie

It's about a barber shop in da hood.

touchingcloth

Make a film about a useless teacher who cannot even be bothered to get off their lazy fucking arse and give their students a half-detailed assignment brief. You could call it Anything Man.

kittens

i'm filming this thread AS IT HAPPENS
top marks for ingenuity kits

touchingcloth

Make a film called I Am Ian Kitten and I Am The Best, and it is just footage of you masturbating in front of a bank of 100 video screens each of which features footage of you masturbating in front of a bank of 100 video screens each of which features a slow motion image of your writing, turgid form, and the music is just you putting on a girl's voice and going "Ian Kitten is the best ooh Ian Kitten is so good, la la la la la, I like Ian Kitten and I like wanks".

Make a film about a person who works in an office and is unhappy. They want to be creative, and then at the end, they quit their office job and be creative.