Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris: Raw Meat Radio - BBC Radio 4 Extra, 29th November

Started by Neil, October 07, 2014, 09:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 29, 2014, 09:53:30 PM
I got excited that they managed to snag a new interview with him. Dammit. Is it right to say he's "shy" of interviews or does he just not want to? Interviews must be tedious after all.

I'd guess it's the latter. This interview is my favourite - veers nicely from regurgitated terrorist anecdotes into a more general conversation -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-IR1DF_9pw

Quote from: wokeonawhalescock on November 29, 2014, 09:55:45 PM
Would any radio station even have Chris Morris these days?

Fubar.

newbridge

I remember doing a horrified laugh at Cann's cheerful delivery of the line "They've found a body, love!"

It's a sketch which has arguably managed to become more horribly funny in this post-Maddie era(yes, it's an era now).

Edit: Neil got a mention!

Beagle 2

Thank you Neil. For that, and for all of it over the years, it is so appreciated. Had a few gins and got a bit emotional when Armando said that at the end, and then Neil got a mention.

Thomas

I instinctively raised my fist as if in victory. I'm very glad they thanked him.

Quotemaryanne hobbs ‏@maryannehobbs
much love and maximum respect to the 'Raw Meat Radio' producer @sophie_black and Neil @cookdandbombd who allowed us to plunder his archives

Artemis

Is it right to say he's "shy" of interviews or does he just not want to? Interviews must be tedious after all.

I'm guessing he'd only want to do one if he felt like he had something to say about his work, rather than himself. It'll always be one of my best and worst decisions not to approach him when he was sat right in front of me at a comedy gig in London several years ago. I just felt Morris was best appreciated through his work, not through an opportunity grabbed to stick a phone in his face and ask him to say something. I'm glad I decided not to approach him, but it didn't stop me pretending I was about to put him live on CaB Radio when Neil was presenting, hehe.

weirdbeard

I got excited that they managed to snag a new interview with him. Dammit. Is it right to say he's "shy" of interviews or does he just not want to? Interviews must be tedious after all.

It wasn't a new interview, it was one of the many he did for Four Lions, both here and in America. Think it is a case of just not wanting to do them - obviously with a film being far bigger, more expensive and with more people involved, he'd have been obliged to give it the best chance of being successful.

Thomas

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: weirdbeard on November 29, 2014, 10:05:45 PM
It wasn't a new interview, it was one of the many he did for Four Lions, both here and in America.

That's why I said "dammit" afterwards. Hobbs set it up like they got a new interview then introduced a clip from that 2010 interview. I was paying attention.

Pinball

Are we allowed to upload a get_iplayer-derived MP3 of this programme? Naturally I have one. Allegedly.

I just returned to CaB after a long 'sabbatical', and then this happens. Awesome.

Frankly, a CM week on R4X would be easy to populate. Just sayin'. To Neil and TJ and others- you are heroes of the online comedy matrix. We salute you.

I'm really happy to be back :-)

Walrus

Here is the MP3 of this amazing programme:

Raw Meat Radio- Chris Morris Retrospective- BBCR4 Extra 29 Nov 2014.mp3
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jq3033

Neil et al- I'll delete this if there's any problem. Please let me know. I don't want to get into any trouble in these histrionic times for the crime of 'sharing an MP3' :-(

Just trying to help the 'community'...

Cheers.

Spiral King

Cheers, Walrus. I can't wait to listen to this. I forget if iPlayer can be LISTENED to in the Americas, but I know you can't watch anything... So, thanks!

Jaich

I listened to almost all of the programme having spent the day with a friend who has just separated from his long-term partner. We were laughing throughout, sometimes at the absurdity of language, other times at the bossiness and leading questions, and I kept thinking about how unique some of the ideas were, seemingly improvised dialogue that may have been meticulously planned and edited.

I've been visiting this forum since 2001, and remember a crude Photoshop image of Jeremy Beadle stood high by the Twin Towers with the caption "And what Jeremy doesn't know...", which made me laugh so loudly I was almost invited out of my college class.

I feel lucky that this community exists, learning of many performers and programmes that I'd never know otherwise, and thrilled that all the hard work of finding and retaining Chris Morris's incredible material was acknowledged by the Beeb. Thanks!

Sorry for the ramble, tag as dyspraxia.

I've not fully listened yet. Listened to the first half and am excited to complete it.

But yes, you don't need a VPN to get at it on iPlayer internationally it turns out. I was able to listen to it immediately without any fuss through iPlayer.

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Walrus on November 30, 2014, 02:53:01 AM
Here is the MP3 of this amazing programme
Ta,
but the link is flashing up as dodgy for me.

It's alarmingly linking to a 985kb .exe file and not an mp3.

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Quote from: Morrison Lard on November 30, 2014, 06:02:30 PMIt's alarmingly linking to a 985kb .exe file and not an mp3.
You need to uncheck the check box before you download.

Morrison Lard

I'll pass ta, will get it via stream transport and iplayer.

SimonJT

No, honestly that worked for me - untick that and you get an mp3. I got the .exe first - it defaults to a download manager.

Pinball

Sendspace does work, but one of the spam banners says 'download', the blighters. It worked ok with the comedy cylinder stuff, however, just be a bit careful the first time.

Morrison Lard

I'm downloading it now, with confidence.

Clicked the right thing this time.

Uncle TechTip

Thanks for this!

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: justin_bennett on December 01, 2014, 11:36:53 AM
I taped it myself and stuck up online here if anyone's having problems with the sendspace link: https://mega.co.nz/#!nslRnbgR!ko2kMlugDXGjUDdgB47RMsnvKK2e1ihSl_fLx-MDe-w

Thanks both for the links, this one downloads in 30 seconds vs 45 minutes for the other one though, fyi.

justin_bennett

Listened to the full thing today and it is glorious.  An exclusive new thing on Mary Anne on Sunday as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tm3qb

QuoteChris Morris says:
This is a work in progress cut from a project that was stored in a vat but still seems to be breathing or at least emitting gas.

The series is set in a care home and records a number of vexatious encounters between a new resident, Victor and his long suffering Care Manager.

It is written by Chris Morris, Noel Fielding and Richard Ayaoade and directed and produced by Chris Morris.

Thomas

Hey, that's big news, it's been whispered about for years.

Spiral King

Quote from: justin_bennett on December 01, 2014, 05:55:22 PM
Listened to the full thing today and it is glorious.  An exclusive new thing on Mary Anne on Sunday as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tm3qb

I wonder if this being released has anything to do with Raw Meat Radio? Maybe Morris heard it and thought it'd be nice to hear some new material from him.