Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:10:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris: Raw Meat Radio - BBC Radio 4 Extra, 29th November

Started by Neil, October 07, 2014, 09:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Spiteface

Shit, totally forgot about this being on.

Will it be available "on demand"? Feel like listening to this all properly tomorrow or something.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Spiteface on November 29, 2014, 08:54:04 PM
Shit, totally forgot about this being on.

Will it be available "on demand"? Feel like listening to this all properly tomorrow or something.

I checked before on iPlayer and it said it'd be up, but if not then I'm sure that Neil or somebody else is recording it all.

Artemis

What book would you be reading?
Ooh, Wild Swans, probably.
Wanker.

Thomas

"The blue pisswater of Littlejohn."

This bit is so good, they fire so many funny bits at you so quickly it's hard to keep up.

Artemis

'the pre-snipping ritual'

This is really great, they've chosen some fab clips for this. Thanks for pointing them in the right direction, Neil.

up_the_hampipe

Thomas

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 29, 2014, 09:18:28 PM
This tooth brushing sketch always made me wince.

'Sitting in the fish tank' is the one that gets me. I can really picture the splitting glass and bursting fish.

And the one where patients are nailed to beds, of course.

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 29, 2014, 09:18:28 PM
This tooth brushing sketch always made me wince.

It's the "injecting people with piss" one that always makes me a bit queasy.

Thomas

The monologues are the most affecting bits of all Morris' work, for me. All the stuff I've attempted writing has been done with them in mind.

"The conductor looked at me as if his mother had just walked out of my nose."

What a line that is. What a line.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on November 29, 2014, 09:31:47 PM
"The conductor looked at me as if his mother had just walked out of my nose."

What a line that is. What a line.

I just heard that and thought "Yep, I'm stealing that".

This really is a very good programme.  Massive thanks to all involved.

Always hungry for any additional little titbits of information about the making of Blue Jam, as it's my favourite Morris radio thing, so the little interview just now with Adrian Sutton was a nice surprise. 

Thomas

At the Chris Morris symposium last year, the one serving as the launch for that book of essays, we began by sitting in the dark and listening to the first monologue - the one with the gun at the zoo. That was a good experience. A lot of laughter.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on November 29, 2014, 09:32:40 PM
I just heard that and thought "Yep, I'm stealing that".

Definitely do, I've been using that for years, and it always goes down very well. At worst somebody recognises it and you get rumbled, but they still think you're really cool!

Listening to this now, it seems like a hell of an ambitious thing to choose for a first short film.

Artemis

Unflustered Parents!

Wow, kudos to Four Extra for pushing the boat out.

I fucking love David Cann's yawning delivery of "he probably just decided to stay overnight at the schoooooool".

Thomas

That second or two of crows cawing is very sinister, particularly coming just after the mention of 'the woods'.

Artemis

Beagle 2

Even now, even after all these years, the words 'buggered' and 'strangled' make me gasp a bit and recoil. Then the laughs that follow straight afterwards. Really thrilling and challenging stuff.

"always thought he was a bit of a twit"

Remember being genuinely shocked by 'unflustred parents' when I first heard it. Couldn't quite believe it was being broadcast live on Radio One, albeit at one o'clock in the morning.

up_the_hampipe

I got excited that they managed to snag a new interview with him. Dammit. Is it right to say he's "shy" of interviews or does he just not want to? Interviews must be tedious after all.