Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Moonraker

Started by monkfromhavana, October 10, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: Revelator on July 16, 2016, 08:54:53 PM
The exploding Lotus was less of a logical error than a message to the audience--after the lavish, gadget-laded previous films, Bond would return to making do with fewer high-tech toys and have to rely more on his wits and the means at hand

Except Moneypenny has a high tech make-up kit in her filling cabinet. Listen to it, it make a whurr when she opens and closes it. It's just a fucking mirror with some lippy, but it makes a whurring gadget noise!

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Isn't it just a quick sight-gag about the whole "tamper-proof" business, which was a new thing at the time?

The kids at my school who'd seen the film thought that bit was hilarious.

monkfromhavana

Octopussy with the sound off.

The auctioneer played the coroner in the first episode of Inspector Morse.

Xindioka

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on October 11, 2014, 12:24:02 AM
Lonsdale gets all the best lines.

"Look after Mister Bond. See that some harm comes to him."

"James Bond. You reappear with all the tedious inevitability of an unloved season."

I first saw this film decades ago, and I still have no idea what an 'unloved season' is.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Xindioka on July 23, 2016, 10:57:59 PM
I first saw this film decades ago, and I still have no idea what an 'unloved season' is.

One of Frankie Vallli's lot was a right twat apparently. Like the Mike Love of the group. In Quantum Of Solace there's a reference to Neil Sedaka.

Ambient Sheep

Well, it's a season of the year that you don't like, which may vary from person to person, e.g. winter (too cold), summer (too hot and unpleasant if you have uncontrollable hayfever), etc. etc.

Whichever season it is you least like, it still comes round once a year with "tedious inevitability" regardless, doesn't it?

I think it's an amusingly apt comparison.

I'm watching a bit of Licence to Kill.

He fought some back-flipping ninjas who bested him. Then they unravelled their face masks and one of them was a lady. Sadly Bond wasn't Roger Moore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWeqVYYI1c

Bad Ambassador

Radio 4's doing another of its Bond adaptations, with Thunderball to be broadcast on 10 December.

Read the book recently.  From what I recall, the film had little to do with the written story.  I saw it back in 1979.  I recall only two scenes.  One was that big guy with the metal teeth tearing the side out of the flying plane, then someone falling on top of a circus tent.  The other was bond being stuck on that centrifugal force simulator, with it going faster and faster.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The centrifuge scene is the best thing in the film. Roger Moore walks out of the capsule, you see he's about to collapse, Lois Chiles wants to support him, but he gives a quick look, and turns her down. This is the kind of small moments that prevented his take on the character to turn into total cheese.

Take a moment to enjoy this website by a professional Jaws lookalike.

http://www.garytiplady.co.uk/

He makes and sells wire sculptures too.

Bad Ambassador

He looks like Stephen Lewis playing Frankenstein's monster.

Jimmy Savile before fame.

spock rogers

Finchy from The Office has let himself go.

machotrouts

He looks like Jaws.

Well done mate

The Roofdog

Putter Smith aka Mr Kidd is the guest on the I Was There Too podcast this week

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/diamonds-are-forever-with-putter-smith/

A glowing tribute, Mr Kidd.

Kane Jones

Mr Wint was played by George McFly's dad. I only found that out recently.

Probably winter..no-one likes winter, a season so shit they had to pep it up with Christmas.