Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Notably Petty Grudges

Started by 23 Daves, October 12, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doppelkorn

Who's going to play you in the film, gout_pony?

garbed_attic

Well... I think we're making up now. IT WAS ALL SO POINTLESS.

And a narcissistic emotional wreck who once had a relationship with an ill-advised relationship with a 17-year-old has to play me... basically I'll infect Jerry Seinfeld with my OCD and he can do it.

Steven

I've hated the Heartbreakers ever since they selected their frontman.

Jerzy Bondov

Breaking News: Man Has Miserable Time Playing Munchkin, The World's Worst Card Game

garbed_attic

It's just not really all that funny is it... ?

touchingcloth

Quote from: gout_pony on October 16, 2014, 09:57:37 PM
Anyway, we were to play Adventure Time edition Munchkin. We dealt the cards and C announced that because I was late she was only going to use her attack cards against me... which she did. At first, it didn't bother me, but through the game she kept mentioning how she was only attacking me because I was late. There was talk about how I was her "enemy" and it was all pretty on-going and present and stress-inducing. When I managed to score any points she'd quibble and try to argue the rules in ways to disadvantage me, or say that I hadn't completed the challenge fast enough.

garbed_attic

Is Adventure Time Munchkin deemed to be even less cool than regular Munchkin, do you reckon?

Cerys

Quote from: derek stitt on October 16, 2014, 09:24:31 PMthe smallest common British Walking Bird

I think you mean 'the smallest common British Wading Bird'.  You clearly know nothing about ornithology and I shall be ignoring you forthwith, while ridiculing your posts on a regular basis.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: gout_pony on October 17, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
Is Adventure Time Munchkin deemed to be even less cool than regular Munchkin, do you reckon?
Possibly. I don't know what that one is like. Some of them are worse than others. The problem with Munchkin is that it goes on for fucking hours and hours, and some of the versions make it last longer. It's such a badly designed game and I have no idea why it's so popular. It is deliberately designed so that almost every time any player gets close to winning, every other player can get together and stop them with very little difficulty. It's supposed to be a fun, light and quick game of negotiation but every time it turns into a gruelling six hour long exercise in pushing a boulder up a hill and watching it roll back down again. And all off this stuff I'm complaining about gets cited as the reason why it's good!! INTOLERABLE.

garbed_attic

I do think that it's a really weirdly balanced game. I'd much rather play Gloom or Small World or even a silly loose game like Dixit.

biggytitbo

Lovelovelove vs Neil 10 years ago.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: gout_pony on October 17, 2014, 06:54:26 PM
I do think that it's a really weirdly balanced game. I'd much rather play Gloom or Small World or even a silly loose game like Dixit.
Yes absolutely! It makes me sad to see people playing Munchkin when there are so many other games that they could be enjoying. Still I suppose whatever people like is fine, it's only a game! Well, night night

Blue Jam

Quote from: syntaxerror on October 15, 2014, 12:34:53 AM
ALTERNATIVE OPINION

Something petty and/or trivial is usually a quick and easy way to call time on a friendship that has been on the slide for a long time. No point holding a grudge about these things, but next time you think someone has taken a seemingly petty exception to something you've said or done, might be worth asking yourself if they were just looking for an excuse to not want to have anything more to do with you.

Good points, and I've found this can definitely apply to more newly-established friendships where, for example, that confident and outgoing person who seemed so much fun at first gradually seems more loud and annoying, or that person with the hilariously savage sense of humour keeps taking it to the point of being cruel, or a person who is lovely sober turns out to be insufferable when drunk. Alternatively a person can turn out to have some major character defect which they managed to keep hidden until you gained their trust and they let it slip, or you shared one too many tequila slammers and it came out.

I've "let go" of a couple of friends who seemed fun and up for anything at first but steadily seemed more and more immature. I remained Facebook friends with one of them because we have a load of mutual friends, but then she pissed me off one too many times and I unfriended her. This was two years ago and she has just noticed and sent me a friend request... one of my very closest friends counts her as one of his very closest friends so it would be nice to get on with her but at the same time she annoys the fucking tits off me and I'd rather not have anything to do with her. What the fuck do I do? I'm too old for this shit...

...and on that note, the work situation has had a happy conclusion*: the desk left vacant apart from my rejected gift of a little Japanese toy has now been filled by someone who briefly worked with us once before and has now been offered a long-term job. She's absolutely sound and is also a far better scientist than the previous occupant so now work is much more fun and stimulating. She has also claimed the toy as her own and it is now hanging up again, proudly brightening up her desk with its kawaii little teddy bear face. Our three new students are all lovely too. I felt silly letting the previous situation get to me so much but work is so much more pleasant now and I'm back to enjoying it as I used to.

*Not like that, you pervs.

kittens

in an insane coincidence last night i was both introduced to and played a game of munchkin

this is genuinely amazing

garbed_attic

Did you get stroppy and alienate your friend's girlfriend just so I won't be alone???

kittens

no it was a genuine and beautiful bonding experience for us all

garbed_attic

You loathsome gruts pustule! Bah! I'll suck out your life! DX

derek stitt

Quote from: Cerys on October 17, 2014, 06:07:52 PM
I think you mean 'the smallest common British Wading Bird'.  You clearly know nothing about ornithology and I shall be ignoring you forthwith, while ridiculing your posts on a regular basis.

Almost fell for this.

BTW, had to find which was the smallest walking bird.  It's a tossup between some sort of pipit or some sort of wagtail and all depends on what you call common.

Last nights arguments were about where to find local and unrecorded iron age hill forts. No tyres in the pub carpark were slashed as far as I know.